Can not connect phone to Win 7 pc

Search This thread

aeo 37

Mar 4, 2007
SoCal
I rooted my phone and am on Modded I317_N7105ZHALJ4 MultiWindow Control rom, Now when I connect my phone to my PC it would pop up the following message
30dc8l4.png

I don't think this happened because of my root or the Rom. Can't remember when It happened.

Do I received a phone with a defective USB port? It charges fine though. Should I go exchange it, and how many day do I have to do this?

mr mystery

Nov 20, 2010
Brampton
I rooted my phone and am on Modded I317_N7105ZHALJ4 MultiWindow Control rom, Now when I connect my phone to my PC it would pop up the following message
30dc8l4.png

I don't think this happened because of my root or the Rom. Can't remember when It happened.

Do I received a phone with a defective USB port? It charges fine though. Should I go exchange it, and how many day do I have to do this?

I get the same error, installs fine sees the device fine and once you do the required reboot thats error I get. Worked fine first daybi I had it , synced my movies and music then that started. Be nice to solve this.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium

C

cjsspape

Did you try to install anything like adb or android SDK or anything like that? Try completely uninstalling the driver, re foot the system, reinstall the driver, without plugging the phone in restart again and then plug it in and try again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Last edited:

aeo 37

Mar 4, 2007
SoCal
^^^THANKS!!!

I uninstalled the Android driver, rebooted, ran windows update, and rebooted. Plugged in my phone and all is normal again.

45ACP1911

Nov 14, 2012
I've usually got to turn off usb debugging and switch the connection type on the phone to camera mode from media which can be done from the notification menu when connected.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

mr mystery

Nov 20, 2010
Brampton
I still cant get it to work with Windows 7 64bit, I've uninstalled rebooted, installed, rebooted, connected phone, MTP installs then after a reboot I get Hardware ID missing. Very frustrating.

mr mystery

Nov 20, 2010
Brampton
Could really use some ideas here, once I get it installed and the computer acknowledges (sees) the Note I can't copy files to it. Whenever I try Windows Explorer just crashes and restarts, every time. Getting very frustrated, Kies doesn't even work right what an abortion it is to begin with. I cant be taking my battery cover off every time I want to add media to my phone.

Any ideas?

9wire

Jul 19, 2009
I get the same thing, if I disconnect and reconnect the usb to the phone it eventually connects , but reinstalls the drivers every time. Sometimes I have to reconnect 8 or 10 times. Tried different cables as well.