Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 43,760 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][BETA][ROOT][4+] Wifi Codes - Change Country Codes - Enable Wireless Channels

Tip us?

MIMi King
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 245

DONATE TO ME
Default [APP][BETA][ROOT][4+] Wifi Codes - Change Country Codes - Enable Wireless Channels

Wifi Codes for Android 4+

What I'm Doin?

This application allows you to change your phone's wifi country code ( which is set by your simcard ), to be able to see wifi networks on all channels. This application also helps people who can't see any wireless networks while the simcard is in their phone ( like me ) which is again caused by the bad country code.

What I Need?

1.You have to be rooted.
2.Anything else?

Ok cool, How To Get?

You can get the application .apk from here : http://d-h.st/bi2

I will be uploading the application on the market by the time the beta period is over and I'm sure that it works fine on every phone.

Ok gotcha, How To Use?

1. First make sure that wifi is on. ( will be fixed in next releases )
2. Open the application, and put in your desired country code to fly to! :-p
3. You can see 2 main country codes which are already there for you, feel free to use them if they meet your needs!
4. Click `Change It`.
5. Now if it's the first time you are running this application, you will be asked for root permissions. Grant Please!
6. Now If everything goes well you will see a message which says that the country code is changed.
7. Go on and turn off your wifi and turn it back on.
8. You will see all the networks showing up.

Note:You don't have to do this every time the phone boots up... This only needs to be done once. Unless you factory reset your phone.

I can't see any wireless networks

It is caused by new android 4 roms arriving to the devices ( mainly htc phones ) which use some carrier and country specific files to set Wifi Regulatory Domain options ( which was present in wifi settings until android 2.3, but been removed from android 4 and later roms ). If your country code seems unknown to android system, then it fails to set right options and it fails to intiate wireless scan.

To solve this all you need to do is to change your country code manually to a known one, so that android system can determine what channels it should scan for networks.

Change Log

Quote:
09 Nov. 2012 - V1 - Initial Release
Known Bugs

1. If you run the application when the wifi is off, then you will face issues and you will need to restart your phone. ( I'm trying to solve this, but I believe it's nothing with my application, it's an android bug )
2. You Say!

About Beta

This application is still in beta section, and won't get to final releases without the help of you guys.. Feel free to post here if you faced any issues while working with the application.
Current Phone:
Google Nexus 5 (Hammerhead)
Rom: Stock
Radio: Stock
Recovery: CWM Touch

Old Phones:
HTC Desire GSM PVT-4 AMOLED S-OFF
Rom : Cool3D Runny v7 GSM
Radio : 32.54.00.32U_5.17.05.23
Recovery : 4Ext Touch Recovery
Hboot : cm7r2
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to MIMi King For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

steve.p.russell
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey
I just want to say thank you. I have been faced with this problem and it has been driving me bonkers. I've been trying to run scripts to fix, have tried wifix and others .. File permissions on wps_supplicant. All no luck

But your app here seems to be working. No more reboots and wifi has locked on for half an hour. Looking very positive

Thanks again

praktical
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default WiFi

Well might as well give it a whirl and see. Will let you know my findings and recommendations
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin
The Following User Says Thank You to praktical For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jfmessier
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up MAC address

Does this country code change affect the MAC address on my device ? I have applications that are sensitive to the MAC address and if this address is changed, it will cease to work. Otherwise, I want to try this ASAP. I also noticed that some of the wireless networks will be seen in the discovery, but I cannot connect to those. Can this country setting change fix my problem ?

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to jfmessier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fipsib
Old
Thanks Meter 674
can't open the app with cm10 :/ downloaded it three times but it never worked...
The Following User Says Thank You to fipsib For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yeshwanthvshenoy
Old
Thanks Meter 500
Thumbs up Awesome

awesome job mate!!!and by the way can i juzt enter my country name or is there any specific code for each country pls list the countries and their codes..

BlueEditionE6
Old
Thanks Meter 40
no US?

wiggums66
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Prompt Kudos!

Works Perfectly on the AT&T Motorola Atrix HD running stock ICS rooted.
The Following User Says Thank You to wiggums66 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

miannaeemd
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default ADHOC ?

will it show adhoc network also ?
The Following User Says Thank You to miannaeemd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hayabusa_XDA
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Thumbs up it works !!

Thank you very much for the app and your information.

Helped me to run SlimBean3.0 using wifi channel 13 in Germany. Maybe there is something wrong with my simcard - but whatever, your little app made my day.