Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 49,938 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can I root my Kindle Fire running on 10.2.1?

Tip us?

janowhatever
Old
(Last edited by janowhatever; 17th November 2012 at 11:58 AM.) Reason: grammer
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Can I root my Kindle Fire running on 10.2.1?

Hey guys got my Kindle Fire (Second Edition) today and I'm desperately trying to root it. I followed several instructions on the forums, Youtube, etc. but it wont work. I'm using a mac and tried to use this guide on the forums but it also wont work.

So now I'm asking myself if its even possible to root the KF with software version 10.2.1 on it? Did anyone manage to do so, preferably using a mac?

[EDIT]
Sorry accidently posted in the wrong forum please delete or move to Kindle Fire 2

dank101
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by janowhatever View Post
Hey guys got my Kindle Fire (Second Edition) today and I'm desperately trying to root it. I followed several instructions on the forums, Youtube, etc. but it wont work. I'm using a mac and tried to use this guide on the forums but it also wont work.

So now I'm asking myself if its even possible to root the KF with software version 10.2.1 on it? Did anyone manage to do so, preferably using a mac?

[EDIT]
Sorry accidently posted in the wrong forum please delete or move to Kindle Fire 2
Yes you can

Sent from my KFTT

rbto
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Yes you can

But remember the new fire, which you most likely have, is more similar - os wise - to the kindle HD than to the original kindle fire which the guide you refer to was written for ... look up the instructions for the HD fires and you'll likely have more success.