[Q] Can I root my Kindle Fire running on 10.2.1?

17th November 2012, 11:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

20 posts
Hey guys got my Kindle Fire (Second Edition) today and I'm desperately trying to root it. I followed several instructions on the forums, Youtube, etc. but it wont work. I'm using a mac and tried to use this guide on the forums but it also wont work.

So now I'm asking myself if its even possible to root the KF with software version 10.2.1 on it? Did anyone manage to do so, preferably using a mac?

[EDIT]
Sorry accidently posted in the wrong forum please delete or move to Kindle Fire 2
Last edited by janowhatever; 17th November 2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: grammer
19th November 2012, 01:43 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 94

271 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by janowhatever

Hey guys got my Kindle Fire (Second Edition) today and I'm desperately trying to root it. I followed several instructions on the forums, Youtube, etc. but it wont work. I'm using a mac and tried to use this guide on the forums but it also wont work.

So now I'm asking myself if its even possible to root the KF with software version 10.2.1 on it? Did anyone manage to do so, preferably using a mac?

[EDIT]
Sorry accidently posted in the wrong forum please delete or move to Kindle Fire 2

Yes you can

Sent from my KFTT
22nd November 2012, 06:46 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Smile Yes you can
But remember the new fire, which you most likely have, is more similar - os wise - to the kindle HD than to the original kindle fire which the guide you refer to was written for ... look up the instructions for the HD fires and you'll likely have more success.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread