Got Omnia to work with TomTom 7 without GPS Gate

Search This thread

merlin699

Apr 8, 2008
I don't know if the problem is solved here somewhere and I'm too lazy to search for it but today I found out the way how to get the omnia work with TomTom V7 without any additional program to get a lock on the satellites.
If you are interested in a short tutorial just reply to this thread. :)

merlin699

Apr 8, 2008
I don't know if it works with any other device but it works for sure with the omnia.
I won't post links here because I don't think it's allowed here but I could provide the information on another way that's possible on this board.
We all know that the TomTom 7.450 only works one time after a softreset. So I thought that it should work with the new version 7.915.9196. And so it is. But if you want to install the 7.915 it says that the device isn't compatible with this software and it doesn't install. So what to do? I installed the 7.450 on the omnia and the 7.915 on my HTC. The next thing to do is to copy the files (only the files and not the other directories) from /Program files/navigator/ on the HTC to the same folder on the Omnia. So we have the new version now running on the Omnia but unfortunately this version doesn't accept the maps anymore. But I found an easyusetool_frontend somewhere in the net which is designed for the TT8 but does good work here (you just have to rename one file). Alternately you can buy buy the map for the TTGo8 and it works for this version of TomTom. I used TT7 now several times on the Omnia and it works like a charm. Don't forget to let TT use the correct GPS-port without GPSGate (or PortSplitter).
just do it! - otherwise shoot me a pm.... :D

Last edited:

camomopa

Mar 22, 2008
I don't know if the problem is solved here somewhere and I'm too lazy to search for it but today I found out the way how to get the omnia work with TomTom V7 without any additional program to get a lock on the satellites.
I would like to have a answer to this problem with Omnia.I haven't a HTC to copy the files.Can you give me a help?

makiandi

Mar 13, 2009

:) Interesant

makiandi

Mar 13, 2009

:) Interesant
Can i also have the link???