[KERNEL][STOCK][Xperia T/TX][gregkernel][Rooted/CMW]

Search This thread

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Introducing

gregkernelV2
[Stock based-7.0.A.3.195] [LT30p]
[Stock based-7.0.A.3.197] [LT29i]

No claims, no nonsense, just a trusted source. Its just something I did and thought I should share​
Feedback is actively encouraged​

Features

Full changelog in post 2
Based on [STOCK KERNEL][LT30p][7.0.A.3.195]
Based on [STOCK KERNEL][LT29i][7.0.A.3.197]
Rooted
CMW installed
Custom boot screen, not very good at the moment, but I am working on it.

Installation

Via fastboot (So your bootloader needs to be unlocked, obviously)

Xperia T
Code:
[list]
[*]fastboot flash boot gregkernelV2.elf
[*]Then flash the root package attached to install SU app and Busybox
[/list]
Xperia TX
Code:
[list]
[*]fastboot flash boot gregkernelTXV0.2.elf
[/list]

Credits

Champioshipswimmer I have pestered him about how to extract and compile kernels.
DooMLoRD for lots of help in the past (and hopefully the future) he is the main guy!
Androxyde, Bin4ry, zidzhu, blagus, the_laser and many more for their tireless work on the Xperia line of phones.
lzyllp I looked at your kernel when I ran into problems.

Download

Xperia T
gregkernelV2
gregkernelV2.elf - 7.94 MB
gregkernelV1
gregkernelV1.elf - 7.93 MB

Xperia TX
gregkernelTX-V2

Disclaimer

As usual, I am not responsible for turning your beloved phone into a bookend, please read and educate yourself fully before attempting any mod on your phone. And if you drop it down the toilet it has nothing to do with me​

XDA:DevDB Information
[KERNEL][STOCK][Xperia T/TX][gregkernel][Rooted/CMW], a Kernel for the Sony Xperia T

Contributors
gregbradley
Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2013-09-16
Last Updated 2013-09-16

Attachments

• RootPackage-gregbradley.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 985
Last edited:

crazymister

Sep 18, 2010
Almere
Sony Xperia 1 II
Sony Xperia 1 IV
Can you give us an overview of what you did with your kernel? I.e. What functions have you put in and/or what you took out of it?.

Like oc, uv/ov, and this like that.
Would greatly appreciate it.

Did I help? Then please don't forget to press the thanks button.

Is your question solved? Then mark your question solved in your title.

Sent from my Xperia T using XDA Premium.

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Can you give us an overview of what you did with your kernel? I.e. What functions have you put in and/or what you took out of it?.

I did, its in the features, I took nothing out, and only put in root and recovery. Also, I changed the bootsplashsceen, (But it doesnt look good at the moment and i am working on making that better)

I will start loking at OC/UV/governers/IO schedulers etc in the future...this is a learning curve for me as well.

Reactions: crazymister

crazymister

Sep 18, 2010
Almere
Sony Xperia 1 II
Sony Xperia 1 IV
My bad, didn't realize that was what you did. Anyway i look forward to any future work you may deliver.
And it's not bad that you're learning, hell I was thinking of trying to do that too but haven't had the chance yet.

harowa

Apr 7, 2011
Hamburg
I am from 3.195 and from an unlocked bootloader back to (re-)locked bootloader (tested with update service) and then flashed the phone to 1.303

You also wrote in the "Full rooting.."-thread:
gregbradley said:
1. flash a 303 firmware (If you are already on it, no need)
2. Root phone.
3. Install cmw for for locked bootloader.
4. Install my 195 rom

I rooted the phone agin with Bin4ry's scripts and then i wanted to flash your kernel:

FAILED (remote: The Device must be rooted first)

The device is rooted and I installed CWM again, next try:

what's wrong?

Thanks for help.

Last edited:

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
I am from 3.195 and from an unlocked bootloader back to (re-)locked bootloader (tested with update service) and then flashed the phone to 1.303

You also wrote in the "Full rooting.."-thread:

I rooted the phone agin with Bin4ry's scripts and then i wanted to flash your kernel:

The device is rooted and I installed CWM again, next try:

what's wrong?

Thanks for help.

In this case rooted means unlocked bootloader.
If your phone has locked bootloader you CANNOT flash custom kernels.

If you want custom kernels then unlock your bootloader.
If you want a locked bootloader and root then follow the guide for rooting locked bootloaders in the all in one thread from my signature

harowa

Apr 7, 2011
Hamburg
In this case rooted means unlocked bootloader.
If your phone has locked bootloader you CANNOT flash custom kernels.

If you want custom kernels then unlock your bootloader.
If you want a locked bootloader and root then follow the guide for rooting locked bootloaders in the all in one thread from my signature

My phone has had an unlocked bootlader. I wanted back to an locked bootloader und your posting does not says anything about unlockig the bootloader.

If you would have pointed out this I never would have tried out you kernel, because my phone has had 3.195 with root and kernelV4

Thanks for nothing, you don't help with half of the important information they are indispensable for using your kernel.

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
My phone has had an unlocked bootlader. I wanted back to an locked bootloader und your posting does not says anything about unlockig the bootloader.

If you would have pointed out this I never would have tried out you kernel, because my phone has had 3.195 with root and kernelV4

Thanks for nothing, you don't help with half of the important information they are indispensable for using your kernel.

Reading is a wonderful thing
.img/.elf
These are kernel files. They can be flashed in fastboot.
Part 3. Unlocking bootloader
You must do this to install custom Kernels.
Follow the official guide from Sony. This is currently the only way to do it.
The above are taken from the noobs guide of the all in one thread.

This is from the first hit in a google search
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1508585
Kernels

WTF is a kernel?
The kernel is the communication bridge between software and hardware, is the most important part of any OS.

All OS have a kernel, even windows and iOS but since android its based on linux the kernel must be a GPL. So manufacturer must be public the source code of the kernel and third party devs can compile and modify it.

Now since SE decided to open the bootloader of certain devices (and the_laser find the way to do it to the rest ) we can use those nice kernels we are talking about. And this is how to do it.

You will need:
•Unlocked Bootloader
•This fastboot pack
• A custom kernel (.img)

And finally this is from the OP of this thread.
Installation
Via fastboot
Code:
fastboot flash boot gregkernelV1.elf

I am not here to hold your hand, but to guide you through the process so you understand it. Please read this.

Regards

gregbradley

Last edited:

baz@gmx.co.uk

Dec 2, 2010
@op, instructions are clear, concise and I thank you for your ongoing work to support T users.

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

Last edited by a moderator:

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
As i said, its failing because it needs an unlocked bootloader. The error message that says
Code:
Your device needs to be rooted
refers to the fact that your bootloader is locked, not the fact that your phone is rooted via bin4ry's method. Its a fastbootroot error (So means bootloder root status)

Anyway, you are completely entitled your opinion about me, I am only here to try and help, but if my instructions appear to be confusing I would appreciate some constructive feedback, not flaming or name calling.

Reported to MODS

EOD.

EDIT
@baz@gmx.co.uk thanks, but lets not start flaming. I have reported him to the mods, they will sort it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: baz@gmx.co.uk

harowa

Apr 7, 2011
Hamburg
As i said, its failing because it needs an unlocked bootloader. The error message that says
Code:
refers to the fact that your bootloader is locked, not the fact that your phone is rooted via bin4ry's method. Its a fastbootroot error (So means bootloder root status)

Anyway, you are completely entitled your opinion about me, I am only here to try and help, but if my instructions appear to be confusing I would appreciate some constructive feedback, not flaming or name calling.

Reported to MODS

EOD.

EDIT
@baz@gmx.co.uk thanks, but lets not start flaming. I have reported him to the mods, they will sort it out.

Maybe. That are two different things: making a good dev work and wrote a clear instruction.
I haven't react polite to your message and I pointed out why.
If you thing that MODs are necessary it's your choise.

By the way, after calm down I flashed a 3.195 again, relocked the bootloader again and flashed your V1 kernel, after that I found your V2 and flashed that kernel.
Nice XDADeveloper bootsplash, I like it. You see I don't dislike your work and I am nevertheless able to recognize that. Well done.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing

gregkernelV2
    [Stock based-7.0.A.3.195] [LT30p]
    [Stock based-7.0.A.3.197] [LT29i]

No claims, no nonsense, just a trusted source. Its just something I did and thought I should share​
    Feedback is actively encouraged​

Features

Full changelog in post 2
    Based on [STOCK KERNEL][LT30p][7.0.A.3.195]
    Based on [STOCK KERNEL][LT29i][7.0.A.3.197]
    Rooted
    CMW installed
    Custom boot screen, not very good at the moment, but I am working on it.

Installation

Via fastboot (So your bootloader needs to be unlocked, obviously)

Xperia T
    Code:
    [list]
    [*]fastboot flash boot gregkernelV2.elf
    [/list]
    Xperia TX
    Code:
    [list]
    [*]fastboot flash boot gregkernelTXV0.2.elf
    [/list]

Credits

Champioshipswimmer I have pestered him about how to extract and compile kernels.
    DooMLoRD for lots of help in the past (and hopefully the future) he is the main guy!
    Androxyde, Bin4ry, zidzhu, blagus, the_laser and many more for their tireless work on the Xperia line of phones.
    lzyllp I looked at your kernel when I ran into problems.

Download

Xperia T
    gregkernelV2
    gregkernelV1
    gregkernelV1.elf - 7.93 MB

Xperia TX
    gregkernelTX-V2

Disclaimer

As usual, I am not responsible for turning your beloved phone into a bookend, please read and educate yourself fully before attempting any mod on your phone. And if you drop it down the toilet it has nothing to do with me​

XDA:DevDB Information
    [KERNEL][STOCK][Xperia T/TX][gregkernel][Rooted/CMW], a Kernel for the Sony Xperia T

Contributors
    gregbradley
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2013-09-16
    Last Updated 2013-09-16
    greg good to see you posting kernels ;)

keep u the good work buddy!

p.s.: i dont keep track of this thread
    Not sure why its not working

The kernels are for .195 and .197 but it should work.

Again, which superuser app and which busybox are you installing. Where are you installing busybox to?

I did, its in the features, I took nothing out, and only put in root and recovery. Also, I changed the bootsplashsceen, (But it doesnt look good at the moment and i am working on making that better)

I will start loking at OC/UV/governers/IO schedulers etc in the future...this is a learning curve for me as well.
    Code:

Reported to MODS

EOD.

EDIT