[UTILITY] Clockwork Combiner - Combine flashable zips. {Version 1.5}

Search This thread

jcspecs

Aug 11, 2010
Melbourne
I often update my firmware. Like many on here, I am some what of a flash-aholic.

I created this tool to assist in returning the mods and themes back on to a newly flashed device.

It works by combining several zips into one zip that can be flashed with ease.

It does this by combining the scripts into one, and adding all the files into one zip for the script to unpack. Please be aware that the zips must be compatible with your device.

It's very simple to use. Please give it a try and let me know how it goes:

Warning: Use this program at your own risk. If something goes wrong then it is your responsibility. If you use this program, then you accept that anything that does go wrong is your own responsibility.

Creating zips:

1. Download and extract the program.
  2. Run the program.
  3. Hit the settings button and set up an output directory or leave it as the default (program location).
  4. Select the zips you wish to combine.
  5. Add a name for the combined file.
  6. Select advanced settings to apply any settings to the generation of the script.
  7. Wait for them to load (the combine button will become usable).
  8. Click combine button to join the zips into one zip.
  9. The file will be put into a folder named Final Outputs within the output directory you have specified.
  10. Wait for any processes to finish (windows should provide progress windows).
  11. Click the sign button if you wish to sign the zip.

Using zips:

1. Copy the zip to the android device.
  2. Boot into recovery (requires custom recovery).
  3. Perform a Nandroid backup of your device (If you do not perform this step then it is your responsibility if something goes wrong)
  4. Flash the combined zip file.

Please Note: This is a beta version of the software and, as such, may contain glitches and problems. Please advise me if anything goes wrong, and if it does, what happened and what files you were using so I can make it better.

Also, please be aware that this program requires .net 4.0 and the signing component requires the Java Runtime. Links to both can be found on the website.

Download Latest Version Here

Changelog.

Currently working on:

1. Unnecessary files (multiple boot.img for instance)
  2. Unnecessary code in the script.
  3. Further Testing

Last edited:

t1.8matt

Jan 22, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA.
newest version does not work. when i try to add the first zip file, nothing gets listed but the green bar is full and combine is able to be clicked. go to add second zip, it gets listed in the box, combine no longer available, go to add third zip, asks if i want to clear the selection out, click no, combine freezes up and doesn't respond. asus zenbook running windows 8.

spirol

newest version does not work. when i try to add the first zip file, nothing gets listed but the green bar is full and combine is able to be clicked. go to add second zip, it gets listed in the box, combine no longer available, go to add third zip, asks if i want to clear the selection out, click no, combine freezes up and doesn't respond. asus zenbook running windows 8.

Have you updated your Java and .NET ? I've only used it with Windows 7, so it could be some kind of compability issue... Try running it in compability-mode for W7, and see if it works :)

t1.8matt

Jan 22, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA.
i'm pretty sure that stuff is upgraded. when i go to add the first file, nothing appears in the box, but the combine button is highlighted and it says "checking each file for structure validity" and doesn't do anything else. this is while running in compatibility mode for windows 7

jcspecs

Aug 11, 2010
Melbourne
i'm pretty sure that stuff is upgraded. when i go to add the first file, nothing appears in the box, but the combine button is highlighted and it says "checking each file for structure validity" and doesn't do anything else. this is while running in compatibility mode for windows 7

What files are you using? Got links?

jcspecs

Aug 11, 2010
Melbourne
They're a whole bunch of different files, roms and gapps and mods I was trying to combine for my galaxy nexus. I'll get u some links in a few.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Here's three that I tried to combine

http://db.tt/3hhRnlZ1
http://db.tt/QwtvPVJH
http://db.tt/QwtvPVJH

The problem seems to be with the very large size of the zips. I'm trying to find aw way to read and combine the zips more efficiently. This will be fixed in the next version, but for now, you will jsut have to give it time to work. Run it and let it go.

jcspecs

Aug 11, 2010
Melbourne
thanks for checking it out, i'll just hold out until you get everything settled. awesome idea though, i hope it works out for you.

So it seems that the zip engine i am using cannot handle zip's that have multiple files of the same name and hence crashes on that file. Thinking of moving to another zip engine or finding a way around it.

tribalartgod

May 12, 2010
Right here
@OP... I have yet to try this, but am getting ready to, after I am done typing this up... Thank you for this. Even if it doesn't work for me, this is a path I have been seeking for some time now.

I am going to try this in a 2 phase test... 1st, I am going to try it with just the mods I have been adding to the ROM I use... If this is successful, 2nd, I intend to try and add all those mods to my ROM zip itself...

Amazing concept, and I look forward to trying it out. Again...Thank you for your work.

EDIT: AWESOME!!! I took all my flashable mods and compiled them into my rom. This app rocks!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I often update my firmware. Like many on here, I am some what of a flash-aholic.

I created this tool to assist in returning the mods and themes back on to a newly flashed device.

It works by combining several zips into one zip that can be flashed with ease.

It does this by combining the scripts into one, and adding all the files into one zip for the script to unpack. Please be aware that the zips must be compatible with your device.

It's very simple to use. Please give it a try and let me know how it goes:

Warning: Use this program at your own risk. If something goes wrong then it is your responsibility. If you use this program, then you accept that anything that does go wrong is your own responsibility.

Creating zips:

1. Download and extract the program.
    2. Run the program.
    3. Hit the settings button and set up an output directory or leave it as the default (program location).
    4. Select the zips you wish to combine.
    5. Add a name for the combined file.
    6. Select advanced settings to apply any settings to the generation of the script.
    7. Wait for them to load (the combine button will become usable).
    8. Click combine button to join the zips into one zip.
    9. The file will be put into a folder named Final Outputs within the output directory you have specified.
    10. Wait for any processes to finish (windows should provide progress windows).
    11. Click the sign button if you wish to sign the zip.

Using zips:

1. Copy the zip to the android device.
    2. Boot into recovery (requires custom recovery).
    3. Perform a Nandroid backup of your device (If you do not perform this step then it is your responsibility if something goes wrong)
    4. Flash the combined zip file.

Please Note: This is a beta version of the software and, as such, may contain glitches and problems. Please advise me if anything goes wrong, and if it does, what happened and what files you were using so I can make it better.

Also, please be aware that this program requires .net 4.0 and the signing component requires the Java Runtime. Links to both can be found on the website.

Download Latest Version Here

Changelog.

Currently working on:

1. Unnecessary files (multiple boot.img for instance)
    2. Unnecessary code in the script.
    3. Further Testing
    You would have to make one big script. Also, any double code would have to be removed, mainly stuff like package_extract_dir type stuff, no sense in it extracting the same files twice.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
    Will this work for combing a zip which contains Aroma Installer?

I haven't looked into AROMA files as of yet. But I will look into it within the next couple of releases.