Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 45,472 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How can you move apps to SD card

Tip us?

clay347
Old
(Last edited by clay347; 27th November 2012 at 02:00 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default How can you move apps to SD card

Hey guys is there anyway to move apps to your SD card on the 7inch 3113 thanks for your help and GOD BLESS YOU GUYS it is completely stock I just bought it thanks again for any help

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

clay347
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Hey guys I am curious is there a app that will work for my nephew he is a newbie LoL and it looks like I'm not to far behind him but I talked him into buying a ANDROID TABLET verses getting a IPad Mini he is and was wanting a NEXUS 7 but the store was out of stock and he is wanting to put his games on his SD card with out having to root his 3113. 7inch. 8gb. what ever you guys can help him with would be AWESOME AND GREATLY APPRECIATED I TOLD HIM THAT IF YOU GUYS COULD NOT HELP HIM THEN IT COULD NOT BE DONE PERIOD!!! " GOD BLESS YOU GUYS "

acefsw
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by clay347 View Post
Hey guys I am curious is there a app that will work for my nephew he is a newbie LoL and it looks like I'm not to far behind him but I talked him into buying a ANDROID TABLET verses getting a IPad Mini he is and was wanting a NEXUS 7 but the store was out of stock and he is wanting to put his games on his SD card with out having to root his 3113. 7inch. 8gb. what ever you guys can help him with would be AWESOME AND GREATLY APPRECIATED I TOLD HIM THAT IF YOU GUYS COULD NOT HELP HIM THEN IT COULD NOT BE DONE PERIOD!!! " GOD BLESS YOU GUYS "

Can't be done without rooting the device.
Phones: G1 rooted and retired, MT3g stock rooted still works, sitting in a drawer somewhere, MT4g rooted virtuous rom, G2 rooted vision-glite-v2.0.1 radio 26.13.04.19, Samsung Galaxy S II SGH T989 rooted CyanFox 0.94

Tablet: Tab2 7.0 gt p3113 rooted Pure Bean HD V2

Best gt p3113 rooting instructions
Revert to stock
Install CWM
Swap internal sd to external

DigitalMD
Old
Thanks Meter 603
The bigger question is why would you want to do that? There is plenty of internal memory on the tab and Apps 2 SD was outdated after Android 2.2 I think.
Days of open internet are almost over as the biggies look for more revenue streaming from your wallet..Soon the internet will be a shell of its current self. With the government wanting their taxes and the big ISPs planning to charge extra for access to specific content (like facebook) and throttle your speed.

acefsw
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMD View Post
The bigger question is why would you want to do that? There is plenty of internal memory on the tab and Apps 2 SD was outdated after Android 2.2 I think.
No, just samsung devices running ics.
Phones: G1 rooted and retired, MT3g stock rooted still works, sitting in a drawer somewhere, MT4g rooted virtuous rom, G2 rooted vision-glite-v2.0.1 radio 26.13.04.19, Samsung Galaxy S II SGH T989 rooted CyanFox 0.94

Tablet: Tab2 7.0 gt p3113 rooted Pure Bean HD V2

Best gt p3113 rooting instructions
Revert to stock
Install CWM
Swap internal sd to external

Mr Anderson
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMD View Post
There is plenty of internal memory on the tab...
I beg to differ...

The 8GB Tab provides a little over 4GB of data storage to the user. Install a mapping application with offline maps and a few high graphics games and it soon disappears.

And when you go below about 500MB free it prevents you from installing anything further because there is insufficient storage space. I have yet to understand why 500MB is insufficient, but there you go.