[STOCK] Return to Stock 1.15.605.4 for Verizon HTC DNA | Re-Unlock Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MyComputerDoctor

FactoryROM Presents:

A lot of you are wondering how to get back to Bone Stock in case something happens during your Flashing
Addiction. You must run this RUU from a Windows based machine. You will also want to run this
executable with Windows Administrative Privileges (right click on RUU and Run as Administrator)

(1) Download this Package (Which is the HTC RUU in Executable Form) : Here
(2) If you have unlocked your HTC DNA, you must first lock the system again.

First boot into Bootloader
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
Once in Bootloader
Code:
fastboot oem lock
(3) Boot back into Bootloader
(4) Run the RUU with Administrative Privledges
(5) Follow the prompts, and Profit

While the Software Re-loads, your device will reset several times. Once everything is
said and done, your device will reboot into a freshly installed, bloated OS.

Let me know if you have any issues.

To Re-Unlock your Device:

(1) Flash RUU
(2) Turn Phone Completely Off
(3) Hold Volume Down Key and Power to Restart to Fastboot
(4) Reflash your Unlock Token (the original one sent from HTC during initial Unlock)
(5) Enter "Yes" at Unlock Warning - System will not Restart
(6) After Restart, Shut Phone Down Completely Again
(7) Reboot into Fastboot and Check your Lock Status - Should now say "Unlocked"
(8) Flash Unlocked Kernel & Recovery Again
(9) Profit

football (for the RUU leak)

Last edited by a moderator:

thom2k

May 10, 2006
Cannot re unlock

Well I installed the ruu and cannot re unlock I've even tried rerunning the unlock process as well still no go. Any ideas?

geoff5093

Jun 13, 2011
Well I installed the ruu and cannot re unlock I've even tried rerunning the unlock process as well still no go. Any ideas?
Did you go back to the HTC site? You shouldn't have to just Justin's workaround again, simply go to the htcdev site and select "other devices" and do what you did before.

I'm in the process of re-locking mine right now, unfortunately the bootloader says:

**TAMPERED**
**RELOCKED**
**SECURITY WARNING**

I don't recall the security warning being there before..

EDIT: After flashing the RUU now it only says **RELOCKED**.

WorldOfJohnboy

Mar 23, 2011
Syracuse
I flashed RUU last night, then had to start from square 1 to re-unlock. Since I had my BIN file from HTCDev, I thought I could just start with the "fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin" command, but it kept erroring out on me.

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
has anyone retried jcase's unlock method first before trying to re-unlock?

thom2k

May 10, 2006
Cannot re unlock

has anyone retried jcase's unlock method first before trying to re-unlock?

I made several attempts with my original unlock bin after that failed I then retried jcase's unlock method to regenerate new bin but failed as well. Are you suggesting I should have retried jcase's unlock method first?

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
I made several attempts with my original unlock bin after that failed I then retried jcase's unlock method to regenerate new bin but failed as well. Are you suggesting I should have retried jcase's unlock method first?

im not suggesting that you do it, was just curious if anyone had tried :p

tnez

Dec 30, 2010
I flashed RUU last night, then had to start from square 1 to re-unlock. Since I had my BIN file from HTCDev, I thought I could just start with the "fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin" command, but it kept erroring out on me.

So you had success re unlocking? If so what do you mean by square 1? Square one on htcdev or jcase exploit

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

WorldOfJohnboy

Mar 23, 2011
Syracuse

Wow, I'm confused. Here's what I've done:

• Ran JCase's unlock method, rooted
  • re-locked and flashed RUU
  • Tried using bin file from 1st unlock to re-unlock, FAILED
  • Ran JCase's exploit to re-unlock and rooted again

I forget what the error message was when I tried using the Bin file from the first (initial) unlock, but I know it didn't like it.

thom2k

May 10, 2006

I forget what the error message was when I tried using the Bin file from the first (initial) unlock, but I know it didn't like it.

When i ran the exploit to re-unlock it didn't work for me. Are you saying it has worked for you?

Reactions: 3yoders

3yoders

Nov 23, 2010

WorldOfJohnboy. Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this for me/us.......Were you successful in re-unlocking after RUU? I have been wanting to flash back to stock but am waiting to see if anyone has been successful in RE-unlocking. Thanks again if you can help me out :good:

FMTesla

Feb 19, 2011
Unable to find device in fastboot.

I am trying to return to stock, but here's my dilemma: I am unable to detect my device in fastboot after fastboot oem lock. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. I have installed the HTC ones and the PDAnet ones.Fastboot even shows "fastboot usb" but it doesn't bring up the same drivers.

A windows popup says Failed to install device drivers.

With the phone relocked, it will not let me boot back into the Android OS. Trying to enter clockwork recovery just boots back into the bootloader. There is literally nothing I can do. Is it bricked?

Edit: AAAANNNNNDDDDDDD once again it randomly installed the drivers and restored. Not sure if I am going to attempt a re-root considering all the problems I have had with it.

Last edited:

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
for those still having issues, you can re-unlock after flashing the RUU (havent seen anyone else comment recently, so many of you may know this already)

*need to use your original unlock token, there is no need to reuse jcase's unlock again

follow the 5 steps in the op to flash the RUU
boot to hboot after RUU finishes and reboots
navigate to your fastboot directory
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
unlock on your phone

***this will most likely *seem* to work, but fail on the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd attempts***

after phone reboots boot back to hboot
if it still says "relocked", fastboot the unlock token again
unlock on phone

**repeat until successful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FactoryROM Presents:

A lot of you are wondering how to get back to Bone Stock in case something happens during your Flashing
    Addiction. You must run this RUU from a Windows based machine. You will also want to run this
    executable with Windows Administrative Privileges (right click on RUU and Run as Administrator)

(1) Download this Package (Which is the HTC RUU in Executable Form) : Here
    (2) If you have unlocked your HTC DNA, you must first lock the system again.

First boot into Bootloader
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    Once in Bootloader
    Code:
    fastboot oem lock
    (3) Boot back into Bootloader
    (4) Run the RUU with Administrative Privledges
    (5) Follow the prompts, and Profit

While the Software Re-loads, your device will reset several times. Once everything is
    said and done, your device will reboot into a freshly installed, bloated OS.

Let me know if you have any issues.

To Re-Unlock your Device:

(1) Flash RUU
    (2) Turn Phone Completely Off
    (3) Hold Volume Down Key and Power to Restart to Fastboot
    (4) Reflash your Unlock Token (the original one sent from HTC during initial Unlock)
    (5) Enter "Yes" at Unlock Warning - System will not Restart
    (6) After Restart, Shut Phone Down Completely Again
    (7) Reboot into Fastboot and Check your Lock Status - Should now say "Unlocked"
    (8) Flash Unlocked Kernel & Recovery Again
    (9) Profit

football (for the RUU leak)
    Hi,

Managed to go back to stock with no problems at all way back.
    I was Rooted + Unlocked + UKB ROM and got back to stock successfully.
    What i did was as follows:

1. Re-locked again the bootloader
    2. Flashed the RUU successfully
    3. I have the Unlock code.BIN that i got from HTCDEV so i just Re-Unlocked it again !!!
    4. Now i am rooting again and uploading CWM recovery so will be able to flash again any ROM.

I did not got any issues while going back from Root & Unlocked back to the Stock and than again to Root & Re-Unlock.
    Need to send out my DNA for warranty repair and I have S-OFF as well... Will the RUU set that flag back as well? I'm guessing not. If that is the case, can someone point me in the right direction?

No it won't but if you want to s-on you need to make sure you aren't on an eng hboot or you will brick the phone... What you need to after you verified you DO NOT have the eng hboot you will issue the following command

Code:
    fastboot oem writesecureflag 3

Only use this if you need s-on

I will write a guide as soon as I get home today to fully return stock from s-on

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium HD app
    Turn phone completly off and then boot straight into bootloader and then run unlock command. Works everytime for me. If your booting from restart it is hit or miss.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium
    Added instructions to OP for Re-Unlock of Device after Flashing RUU