5,606,650 Members 36,842 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One X on Rogers - Name Caller ID

Tip us?

bimmerd00d
Old
Thanks Meter 97
If you're in the US, Privus Mobile does this as well. I haven't tested it on a One X yet, but it's a great service.
Mine: LG G2 (Sprint)
Wife: Samsung Galaxy S4 (Sprint)
Backup: Galaxy S3,

For Sale: AT&T Galaxy S3 blue, GSM Galaxy Nexus...PM me if interested.
The Following User Says Thank You to bimmerd00d For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nerds2You
Old
Thanks Meter 2
as a note of interest, I recently unlocked an HTC Raider that was on the Bell Mobility network and when I put my Rogers SIM in it I was pleasantly surprised that the caller name presentation was working properly even on a phone that was sold on the Bell network. It seems as though HTC have finally added CNAP to their Android phones.

Note: Rogers does not ever actually add the CNAP feature to phones, it either supports it or it does not, I have had this argument with Rogers for the past 2.5 years, the have no Idea how to add the support to the phones themselves.

kid_puma
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordongartrell View Post
I just tested it out. Name display works. The name will show up when they're calling you. The name will also be shown on the notification bar. Eg. "Smith, John called". The only negitive is that the name doesn't stick to the call log. So if you accidently remove the name from the notification bar you are S.O.L.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Awesome post