Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,704 Members 52,528 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] sgs3 copying files from pc slowwwww

Tip us?

chicomostoc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] sgs3 copying files from pc slowwwww

anyone has the same problem .. when I try to copy large files .. for example a ROM .. Search Google and the problem is with the new MTP protocol

jcbofkc
Old
Thanks Meter 244
I always download roms to my pc and use a card reader to transfer to my sd card. With that being said I have not had issues transferring directly to or from the phone when I have done so.
T-Mobile SDA --> Dash --> Dash 3G --> TP2 --> HD2 --> LG G2x --> Samsung Galaxy SIII --> Samsung Galaxy S4

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Frederic Bastiat

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4245

DONATE TO ME
Yes MTP is horrible for mass file transfer, honestly I've completely merged to WiFi file explorer pro. 2 megabytes per second upload speed.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to elesbb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chicomostoc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Yes MTP is horrible for mass file transfer, honestly I've completely merged to WiFi file explorer pro. 2 megabytes per second upload speed.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
WiFi File Explorer PRO also supports internal memory???

DinoSoup
Old
Thanks Meter 139
No, its not MTP. I can transfer files pretty fast. Check which type of port your plugged into. It could also be your external SD card if its older.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
Nexus 5