XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stock modem not working

Tip us?

daminux
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Default [Q] Stock modem not working

i just got a not my 2nd one , ok so this note was unlock by calling att so after that i put in my simple mobile card and every thing was fine till today not getting 4g or edge any thing cant make or recive calls nore msg questing is am wondering is it becase of att stock modem or do i have to root and install custom rom with a tmo modem ? i was hoping to leave phone as is just in case official update comes in on jb ... omg what do i do to be honest to what happend to my other note am afraid to flash any thing on this one but if i have to i will

uwannabananababy
Old
(Last edited by uwannabananababy; 4th December 2012 at 08:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 25
Have you paid or checked your account balance lately? Removed and replaced your SIM card improperly? And regarding T-Mobile, did you ever even have it operating with T-Mobile SIM card, as I'm lead to assume it's an at&t model?

BLACKSTAR X-SGH-I717 xda-developers app
Phones:->selection of string and soup canners->i896 Captivate (seen Davey Jones' locker, rip)->pair of i9100m S2's ->BlackStar X + FJ's Hotcakez UCLF6 kernel v3.0.2 on i717d Note. Deadly combo!->Multiple backed on ext-SD TWRP tap, but DN3 V1.0 ROM atm Note 2 i317m daily. Tab2 10.1 Slim Rom 4.2.2. Kids got pair of Tab3 8.0's rooted/Xposed FW Stock from Santa, HOHOHO.

uwannabananababy
Old
(Last edited by uwannabananababy; 10th December 2012 at 10:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 25
Hi. By reading some of your other posts I understand your fears, but it's best to stay calm and not get all rooted and flash happy before you access your situation. You bought or replaced your previous i717 Note. Again, I'm assuming it's an at&t model, just from your OP. Already unlocked. You are a T-Mobile customer, but wanted to stay stock because a rumor of up coming update. Well truth is, you should bought the T-Mobile version for that to happen. You do not have the correct modem software installed. So you wanted to run on a AWS network (T-Mobile,wind,moblicity,...) Not the end of the world, BUT if you mess this shiny new phone up again, just maybe...
Remember, don't get panicked and rush ahead of yourself. Follow the right process for Rooting and installing a custom recovery. ClockworkMod or TeamWinRecoveryMod, both work great. People are suggesting the latter Mod, I personally fought to get my CWM updated correctly, and have read it's easier to install TWRP. Once this far it's fairly important to create a NANDROID backup of your factory ROM, I definitely suggest it. So there. A shiny new phone with a world of shiny possibilities. You then need to get some custom modem/radio/baseband (multiple terms same meaning in this/your case) software installed. Main thing is to not rush. Understand what you are doing, before doing it. Once rooted warranty is gone and it's on you and only you to be held responsible for your actions. All the required guides, steps, files are all here stickied in the correct locations of the i717 Note forum. In fact, this has been asked and answered mulitiple times and ways in the last few days and posts regarding T-Mobile and Wind. Quick look around the Q&A section even give you great results.

BLACKSTAR X-SGH-I717 xda-developers app
Phones:->selection of string and soup canners->i896 Captivate (seen Davey Jones' locker, rip)->pair of i9100m S2's ->BlackStar X + FJ's Hotcakez UCLF6 kernel v3.0.2 on i717d Note. Deadly combo!->Multiple backed on ext-SD TWRP tap, but DN3 V1.0 ROM atm Note 2 i317m daily. Tab2 10.1 Slim Rom 4.2.2. Kids got pair of Tab3 8.0's rooted/Xposed FW Stock from Santa, HOHOHO.