[APK]SwiftKey Flow

Search This thread

jujuburi

Sep 10, 2011
Maybe this is the moment I was waiting for, a worthy replacement of Swype.

Talk later, work first, download the attached APK of SwiftKey Flow. And don't go away, come here, and comment, how you are liking it.

Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey

Download can be found at their website:

http://www.swiftkey.net/flow/

** Changelogs for latest version:
* Fixed crash on changing keyboards
* Fixed force close on clicking update language
* Fixed other crashes
* Resolved majority of non-English punctuation problems
* New look installer to match SwiftKey Flow colors and include an introduction to SwiftKey Flow
* Added Turkish layout
* Chrome Beta should now behave like Chrome
* Localised to new languages
* Snap and tap (correction of words) now compatible with Vietnamese
* Memory usage of settings app reduced
* Improved handling of non-zero length selection in Chrome and Samsung mail client
* Fixed jumping cursor in ExDialer and Samsung calculator
* Microphone key disabled in fields that don't support voice input
* Fix for keyboard disappearing when phone build installed on tablet sized devices
* Disabled predictions in Kingsoft Office and UC browser to make SK usable in them
* Double space for period turned off by default to prevent accidental period insertion when flowing
* Replaced 'learnt' with 'learned' in personalization page (US English)
* Turned off slide down from candidates bar to close keyboard when flow is on (to be consistent with the description in the Settings menu)

**Known Issues:**

* Crash when looking at the heatmap if you visit immediately after using the alternative symbols layout
* Comma key on Arabic keyboard inserts western comma
* Blank predictions on switching between languages
* Flowing words still sometimes results in surprising capitalisations
* No SD card ribbon looks bad on low end devices

-- Views on latest version: You can now Flow everywhere, except S Note app. Also you've to hit backspace when a prediction goes wrong, which is time wasting IMO. There is no more option of rapid or precise typing. Otherwise it's good.

♦ HOW TO SAVE CUSTOM WORDS:
Type the word manually. Tap and select it. Close the keyboard by pressing the back button, I am not talking about backspace. Pull the keyboard up. It is learnt or saved.

♦♦ If you have a bug to report, then please go to this link and report it,
http://vip.swiftkey.net/index.php?/forum/97-bug-reports-phone/

Last edited:

ajgftw

Apr 20, 2012
Perth
I've been using Swype for about 12 months now, so i am really keen to give this a go, using it right now and it's great so far. I think the competition will be good for Swype!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using xda premium

jujuburi

Sep 10, 2011
I've been using Swype for about 12 months now, so i am really keen to give this a go, using it right now and it's great so far. I think the competition will be good for Swype!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using xda premium
Yes, they just need to sort out the bugs and it definitely will be a worthy replacement of Swype. Because it'll be Swype plus SwiftKey's prediction.
For now, back to Swype.

Sent from my GT-N7100

Listy2021

Jan 28, 2012
Yes, they just need to sort out the bugs and it definitely will be a worthy replacement of Swype. Because it'll be Swype plus SwiftKey's prediction.
For now, back to Swype.

Sent from my GT-N7100

Swype is bloated crapware now (ConnectClient eats up ram and bandwidth constantly in the background with no way to turn the service off). Hell even the Android 4.2 keyboard is a worthy replacement for it!

Reactions: blackhartct

yonzz

Jun 29, 2011
Tangerang
Really like SwiftKey flow :D even still beta. Swiping makes easier to type :)

Sent from my ST18i using xda app-developers app

radospol

Nov 25, 2008
super!

Swiftkey is a small, low memory and skins. Super for lowend devices. :good:

Last edited:

benwalburn

Jan 9, 2012
Took forever for me to be able to download English, but this is pretty awesome

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

iper

Dec 5, 2012
i was just thinning about the idea some minutes ago and wow it came true!

Divaksh

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 16, 2012
Jaipur
divaksh.me
They can make it final version. :D
All I can say is "excellent, perfect".
Don't know why it is beta.

Sent from my Xperia Sola using xda premium

hospitalbed

Jul 29, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Installed on my Incredible S. Makes my phone completely unusable with extreme lag. Uninstalled and back to regular SwiftKey and works like normal again. Strange!

cehf

Sep 18, 2011
San Diego
testing it right now and it seems fine so far. predicts pretty well, and it's only learned from texts as of now. swyping "it's" only worked once, above, but isn't working every time i try to type it. otherwise it's great. :)

sent from my I747

iper

Dec 5, 2012
i found another bug, it crashes when you try to copy something in polaris word viewer,

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

benwalburn

Jan 9, 2012
It needs work when it comes to correcting words. For example:

It Ness work when it comes to correcting words.
SwiftKey offers no correction for "Ness" to "needs". But if I try to go back and correct a word, the suggestions change depending on where the cursor is. More examples, based on "cursor" and the cursor placement and what happens if I correct the word.
C|ursor > center "console ursor"
Cu|rsor > cup "current rsor"
Cur|sor > cut "cut sor"
Curs|or > cuts "cuts or"
Curso|r > Curse "curse r"
Cursor| > chapter "chapter"

Double tapping the word does help, but imo, this is a slow and inferior correction method. Also, this method will give a completely wrong word if you choose to swipe a new word over the highlighted word, as most people would do if all three suggestions are wrong.

Wrong > wrongdoing (wrong highlighted and wrong swiped again)
Pepper > (erases word ) (pepper highlighted and swiped again.

And finally, you cannot tap out a word, then swipe the next without selecting the word from the suggestions or hitting the space bar.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

fgth90

Jan 3, 2007
Belfort, France
LOL

For " it's ", just swipe it's (and not its) and it rocks!
Tested with french and english languages and it's nearly perfect.

See you
Franky

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe this is the moment I was waiting for, a worthy replacement of Swype.

Talk later, work first, download the attached APK of SwiftKey Flow. And don't go away, come here, and comment, how you are liking it.

Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey

Download can be found at their website:

** Changelogs for latest version:
    * Fixed crash on changing keyboards
    * Fixed force close on clicking update language
    * Fixed other crashes
    * Resolved majority of non-English punctuation problems
    * New look installer to match SwiftKey Flow colors and include an introduction to SwiftKey Flow
    * Added Turkish layout
    * Chrome Beta should now behave like Chrome
    * Localised to new languages
    * Snap and tap (correction of words) now compatible with Vietnamese
    * Memory usage of settings app reduced
    * Improved handling of non-zero length selection in Chrome and Samsung mail client
    * Fixed jumping cursor in ExDialer and Samsung calculator
    * Microphone key disabled in fields that don't support voice input
    * Fix for keyboard disappearing when phone build installed on tablet sized devices
    * Disabled predictions in Kingsoft Office and UC browser to make SK usable in them
    * Double space for period turned off by default to prevent accidental period insertion when flowing
    * Replaced 'learnt' with 'learned' in personalization page (US English)
    * Turned off slide down from candidates bar to close keyboard when flow is on (to be consistent with the description in the Settings menu)

**Known Issues:**

* Crash when looking at the heatmap if you visit immediately after using the alternative symbols layout
    * Comma key on Arabic keyboard inserts western comma
    * Blank predictions on switching between languages
    * Flowing words still sometimes results in surprising capitalisations
    * No SD card ribbon looks bad on low end devices

-- Views on latest version: You can now Flow everywhere, except S Note app. Also you've to hit backspace when a prediction goes wrong, which is time wasting IMO. There is no more option of rapid or precise typing. Otherwise it's good.

♦ HOW TO SAVE CUSTOM WORDS:
    Type the word manually. Tap and select it. Close the keyboard by pressing the back button, I am not talking about backspace. Pull the keyboard up. It is learnt or saved.

♦♦ If you have a bug to report, then please go to this link and report it,
    http://vip.swiftkey.net/index.php?/forum/97-bug-reports-phone/
    The official page offers download for tablets also! Ty it out! I'll be trying it in a few mins!

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 2
    Hello. I have edited out all of your 3rd party links and replaced it with the link to the download that is available for everyone at the Swiftkey website. I'm sure Swiftkey wants everyone to download it directly from their site so that they can keep better track of download counts and other little thing that could help them fine tune and troubleshoot their product. Unless you can prove that Swiftkey gave you permission to host the file on a bunch of other sites... :)

Thanks,
    DSB
    I can not install it on my phone, none of the versions.

Android 4.0.4, no root, stock everything. Thee install button does not work (disabled)... why???

Pity!

Are you using screen filter? This happens to me when I had it enabled. (stock 4.0.4 too)

<---Slide(it)d from my Desire X --->
    Re: [APK]SwiftKey Flow Beta

Another update is released. Check the official link in OP.
    Will update my views on the latest Beta in OP later.

'Swyped' from my GT-N7100