Below is the Chinese and a rough English translation of a walkthrough the user genokolar posted on a Chinese Forum b b s . anzhi . c o m on how to root the Huawei Ascend D1 Quad (U9510), and since I have less than 10 post and is unable to post links, please link them together yourselves to visit the respective pages, thanks!
I will take no responsibilities if anything goes wrong, but it's also highly unlikely that anything will
工具详细使用方法： w w w .iamgeno . c o m /archives/210. h t m l
下载谷歌服务包： w w w .iamgeno . c o m/patch
This application will help you root your phone, as well as other things such as patching your in Google Service Applications:
1. Turn on USB Debugging on your phone (Settings -> Developer Options -> Check USB Debugging)
2. Connect your phone to your PC via USB Connection
3. Run the application and use the appropriate options
4. Some operations require root, so please root your phone first
5. Brief descriptions of the options will appear if you hover mouse above the option
Instructions on how to use this application:
1. Installing Google Service Application Pack
1) Download GApps
2) Click "安装补丁" and select the GApps file you downloaded in the previous step
3) The tool will run the patch and display any relevant information
4) Your phone will restart
5) The application will finish up patching after the restart
6) Hold the power button, and when the Power Off menu shows up, click on Restart instead.
7) Your phone now has google applications installed.
The below is a method brunes came up with:
Having bought one of these from China, and having very little to noting written on this device so far, I had to figure a bunch of this out myself... so I thought I should share my findings with the community.
If you order one of these from China, you will find that it does not have the Google apps and utilities on it. So to get them on, first you will have to root it.
The first method I tried was via the recovery mode, which I determined you access by holding volume up + power until it reboots into it. However, you will find unfortunately that the recovery mode on this device is locked and it will only flash signed updates, so that method is out.
I tried a bunch more methods and exploits until I finally found one that worked - that was this Root_with_restore method on XDA. Follow the instructions in this thread and you will have rooted your device.
Now that my device was rooted, the next problem was how to install the Google apps. I downloaded the latest ICS apps from goo.im - but remember, you can not flash these. I tried installing ROM manager from the market and using that to flash CWM recovery, but that didn't work. What DID work, and what I ended up doing, was simply unzipping the gapps.zip onto my MIcro SD card, then (as root on the phone), copying the entire contents of the "system" folder from that SD card over the /system directory on the phone. After I did this, and rebooted, I now had all of the Google apps working!
I was able to add my account and install all needed apps from the market to make this phone really shine.
My next goal is to figure out how to get CWM working on this phone. I am doing a bunch of reading on the topic and might have something to report later this week.