Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,407 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tmobile SG S2 Software problem or power button

Tip us?

albert-557
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Tmobile SG S2 Software problem or power button

MY galaxy s2 has problems with powering off every now and then. it was really bad at one point where all it was doing is turning on and rebooting right after. i had a custom rom for months and never had problems until yesterday. i couldnt go on recovery mode because it would always restart every five seconds. Now it seems to less frequent because i realized that it always reboots when i touch the power button once. Sometimes when i push the power button to take it off sleep mode, the power options pops up (recovery, restart, power off etc) so thats when i thought the power button might be the problem

Any guesses on what could be the problem?? If its software problems or power button issue.

P.S. reset my phone, re rooted it, and put a new rom darkside. It literally stays on until i push the power button. then it restarts five seconds later.

Arakhnidef
Old
Thanks Meter 0
the power buttons seems to stick....I have the same problem, the phone is acting as if the power button is being pressed without being let go. When the power button is held indefinitely it just keeps rebooting over and over again. It occurs sporadically, but once it sticks..it sticks. I seem to be able to unstick it by slapping it against my hand but eventually it turns off. Its definitely a hardware issue and I will open up the phone right now to investigate. Ill write if I find anything useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert-557 View Post
MY galaxy s2 has problems with powering off every now and then. it was really bad at one point where all it was doing is turning on and rebooting right after. i had a custom rom for months and never had problems until yesterday. i couldnt go on recovery mode because it would always restart every five seconds. Now it seems to less frequent because i realized that it always reboots when i touch the power button once. Sometimes when i push the power button to take it off sleep mode, the power options pops up (recovery, restart, power off etc) so thats when i thought the power button might be the problem

Any guesses on what could be the problem?? If its software problems or power button issue.

P.S. reset my phone, re rooted it, and put a new rom darkside. It literally stays on until i push the power button. then it restarts five seconds later.