[MODEMS] [N7105] CWM Flashable Modem Collection (updated 29 January 2015)

Search This thread

mattytj

Dec 27, 2006
About to embark on the flashing and rooting process after a couple of weeks on stock. Been lookin out for an Aussie radio, so thanks so much for posting this!

Hopefully all goes to plan now...

rekrapg

Aug 10, 2009
Brisbane
OP updated - new CWM flashable zips that actually work properly now. Adding mirrors (there soon). Adding additional modems for some other countries I currently have firmware for.

rsxsniper

Jul 3, 2012
How do you backup your current modem in case something goes wrong after flashing another modem?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

rekrapg

Aug 10, 2009
Brisbane
How do you backup your current modem in case something goes wrong after flashing another modem?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

Pretty sure TWRP has modem backup in it, not sure about CWM. And/or download the modem zip for your current one. Far as my testing goes, flashing any N7105 modem will not kill signal as the hardware is the same, just may vary in results of speed etc

owl74

Nov 15, 2012
Nice work, have you got internaltional version ? I dont want to flash carrier specific modem... many thanks !

rekrapg

Aug 10, 2009
Brisbane
Nice work, have you got internaltional version ? I dont want to flash carrier specific modem... many thanks !

By international version, I suspect you mean N7105XXALJ5_N7105ZZZALJ5_DNF - it's the only version without a specific country/carrier listed. I don't have it yet, as the links on sammobile seem to be dead for it. If anyone has the file, and can extract the modem & cache files, zip and upload I'll get it going as a flashable modem

Reactions: owl74

rekrapg

Aug 10, 2009
Brisbane
Hey how come the files are so big at round 140mb?

There's only a few of the files that size. The reason for the file size is that not only modem.bin requires flashing, but also csc. As csc is being changed too, i've included the language files in system/VODB and system/sipdb folders as well - I figured if you're flashing a specific modem for a specific country, you probably want those files too.

I am working on cut-down versions with just the modem and csc files, it's just a matter of making sure no dependant files are missed for csc.

EDIT: I removed the language files and did a test flash, boot loop. So for now, language files stay :)

Last edited:
Reactions: poczynek

kforkai

Oct 20, 2011
DXALJ1 is the modem that came in the latest Singapore release, confirmed I have the latest off sammobile. It is out of the LJ5 release. N7105XXALJ5_N7105OLBALJ1_MM1.zip

This is the m1 rom. But I susppose its the same as singtel. Thanks a lot for the work. Salute!

Sent from my GT-N7105

poczynek

Jul 10, 2012
Sydney
There's only a few of the files that size. The reason for the file size is that not only modem.bin requires flashing, but also csc. As csc is being changed too, i've included the language files in system/VODB and system/sipdb folders as well - I figured if you're flashing a specific modem for a specific country, you probably want those files too.

I am working on cut-down versions with just the modem and csc files, it's just a matter of making sure no dependant files are missed for csc.

EDIT: I removed the language files and did a test flash, boot loop. So for now, language files stay :)

Cool thanks. I am assuming that best modem for Australia would be Optus one? I am with Telstra but that shouldn't make a difference I imagine.

rekrapg

Aug 10, 2009
Brisbane
This is the m1 rom. But I susppose its the same as singtel. Thanks a lot for the work. Salute!

Sent from my GT-N7105

It is identical to the Singtel one mate - same modem, same file size to the bit :) The one I uploaded was the Singtel one as I had that already extracted, but I checked the M1 against the Singtel and identical

rekrapg

Aug 10, 2009
Brisbane
Cool thanks. I am assuming that best modem for Australia would be Optus one? I am with Telstra but that shouldn't make a difference I imagine.

Telstra and Optus utilise the same frequencies for LTE, so should work great on either carrier - as well as Vodafone when they get 4G, as they will be sharing LTE towers with Optus. So in short - should work perfectly :)

That said, just because it's the only Australian modem does not necessarily mean it'll be the best on our networks! Same as the fact the South Africa modem isn't necessarily the best for everyone just because it's the newest. For me personally, I get far better signal/speed out of the optus one than all the other posted ones (tested them all of course) but that's no guarantee someone else in AU will have the same result.

Last edited:
Reactions: poczynek

evilbarcode

Mar 28, 2011
Auckland
Hey bro, could you tell me how to pull the modem and any necessary files from the stock rom on the phone, I want to make a back up of the one that comes with the phone just in case.

Cheers,
Evil.

Edit: Please and thank-you.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts