Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Problems of all kinds!

OP sargeta

6th December 2012, 02:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello y'all. I tried installling another ROM on my phone (was using Cyanogen 7 SDSL) but I think I messed up somewhere (bricked my phone).

So I followed the steps in the sticky (Flashing on KDZ with battery and SIM out). With this, I managed to boot the stock ROM, yet no logo and boot animation shows up.

When trying to flash something else with fastboot (tried different ones), it eithers give a "too many links" error, or gets stuck on waiting on device (happens when I use the AIO toolkit). Also sometimes KDZ pops up an error too, then says finished, or gets stuck while flashing.

Also worth of note, I can't even boot Recovery (I flash it successfully on fastboot, it just doesn't boot on phone).

I searched through the entire forum, googled my problems and tried EVERYTHING, yet I'm still stuck. Anyone care to help? Sorry if it's confusing.

TL;DR

-Tried flashing another ROM, bricked phone.
-Un-bricked it by following the sticky, boot stock 2.1 (tried alot of files; euro+fast, V20a, V20b, out.kdz, France20V...)
-When booting the phone, no logo/animation shows
-When flashing recovery, it doesn't work on phone.
-When flashing custom ROM through fastboot, it gives "too many links" error, then bricks phone.
-When flashing custom ROM through AIO toolkit, it freezes on "waiting for device"

P.S. I have all the drivers installed, I have tried with the "Android modem" devices enabled and disabled, I tried all modes on KDZ, I tried changing the USB ports (only 2 on the back of PC, tried both) and still no go.

Thanks in advance.
7th December 2012, 07:44 AM   |  #2  
Flag Tartu
Thanks Meter: 22

191 posts
More
Use aio toolkit cmd version, bcoz gui has lots of bugs right now.

Sent from my LG-GT540 using xda app-developers app
8th December 2012, 06:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Still no luck. No matter what I do, it either "bricks" the phone (only download mode works), or it gives the "too many links" error.

Sigh.
8th December 2012, 11:37 AM   |  #4  
Flag Tartu

191 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargeta

Still no luck. No matter what I do, it either "bricks" the phone (only download mode works), or it gives the "too many links" error.

Sigh.

i've had similar error once...
try to flash other size bootloader (appsbl) via fastboot
8th December 2012, 07:23 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Managed to flash CM6 2.2.1 Utopia (miroslav's I thinki). Any other ROM bricks the phone.

Also, no boot logo/animation at all. (Yes, as I said, tried flashing V20A/B and out.kdz numerous times).
8th December 2012, 09:17 PM   |  #6  
Flag Tartu

191 posts
More
once you have fastboot , do not flash via kdz again !
also, try to flash different bootloader (appsbl) sizes (example 180mb)
then flash recovery , and then try rom's , that are recovery made (backups)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread