[Guide][Updated]What is HSPL, MAGLDR, cLK, and CWM, and how to install them.?

OP T-Macgnolia

9th December 2012, 03:55 AM   |  #101  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag Shannon, Ms.
Thanks Meter: 1,887

3,707 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwhiteraven

Thanks for the guide!

The first thing I did when I got my outdated HD2 a couple of years ago was to jump onto android and all the guides from this site helped a lot (plus the various packages)!

Well, today, I decided to finally take the jump again and jump from Froyo to a JellyBean build (by Anurag pandey). And I was completely clueless, I ended up reading a bunch of guides over to familiarize myself with the material again. Being that its still very early in the morning and I felt very lost, I decided to just leap forward, copied out info/apps, formatted the microsd and just tried to install it.

I loaded up MAGLDR->CWM Recovery and installed from a zip file. Even though the requirements said that it needed a 310MB system partition, it never dawned on me what that really meant. The AROMA installer even told me that I only had 150MB allocated for the system partition haha. I went ahead with the installation anyway and when I rebooted, it crashed and burned in a endless restart cycle after it tries to boot from it.

After rereading the threads and whatnot for a long time, it finally dawned on me that it NEEDED 310MB for the system partition. Then I spent some more time looking up how to repartition it... luckily, some great people created the HD2Toolkit and the repartitioning was easy. Reinstalled it and voila, i'm on jellybean!

Yay xD. I did a complete NAND install, but I'm planning on a picking up a larger micro stick later today (probably a class 10) so I'm probably going to have to hit those guides again to figure out the NativeSD installations.

Glad you were able to figure out your problem and get it going again. And thanks for posting your story here.
24th May 2013, 04:49 PM   |  #102  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag Shannon, Ms.

3,707 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aono18

thank you for help me install cwm it very useful

Nice to see it is still useful to people.
24th May 2013, 04:53 PM   |  #103  
Forum Moderator
London
Thanks Meter: 11,234

14,664 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Macgnolia

Nice to see it is still useful to people.

Hi,

And long may that continue.

Hey T ,how's it going?

The Following User Says Thank You to malybru For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2013, 07:18 PM   |  #104  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag Shannon, Ms.

3,707 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by malybru

Hi,

And long may that continue.

Hey T ,how's it going?

Whats up Malybru? Long time no see my friend. Hit me up on Hangouts sometime.
24th August 2013, 11:38 AM   |  #105  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Post converting an android rom back to windows
Hello, thanks to the profs and senior admins in the forum. Have read through all and sincerely, its interesting having a good time in here.
please, kindly assist and share some methods on how to convert my hd2 android back to windows rom cos I love my HTC hd2 windows form.
Thanks and hoping to read them hopefully soon.
24th August 2013, 09:49 PM   |  #106  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag Shannon, Ms.

3,707 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by just4uzzy

Hello, thanks to the profs and senior admins in the forum. Have read through all and sincerely, its interesting having a good time in here.
please, kindly assist and share some methods on how to convert my hd2 android back to windows rom cos I love my HTC hd2 windows form.
Thanks and hoping to read them hopefully soon.

You need to find and download the correct RUU for your device and then flash the Stock ROM via the RUU. Or you can flash back to stock via placing the correct file on your sd card and flashing it via the bootloader. If you need further assistants with this just post back here and I will try to give you as much help as I can.
The Following User Says Thank You to T-Macgnolia For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd September 2013, 03:40 AM   |  #107  
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
informative and useful methods right there, I don't really think there's an android that them developers are unable to gain the root access...I'm convinced
The Following User Says Thank You to Hypochlorite For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th September 2013, 05:49 AM   |  #108  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag Shannon, Ms.

3,707 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypochlorite

informative and useful methods right there, I don't really think there's an android that them developers are unable to gain the root access...I'm convinced

And just think I created this thread over 2 years ago lol. As Cotulla said, "Leo will always be king"
The Following User Says Thank You to T-Macgnolia For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th October 2013, 12:14 PM   |  #109  

10 posts
Unhappy MAGLDR is not intalling in my t mobile htc hd 2
T mobile HTC HD 2

PB21*** ss-b3
spl-2.08.hspl 8g xe

os version 5.2.21913
manilia version 2.5.20181424.0
rom version 3.14.531.1 (04666) wwe
rom date 09/29/10
radio version 2.15.50.14
protocol version 15.42.50.11u

my details plz help me i want to install magldr but in ruu it is giving me current image 3.14 to 2.00 nd them giving me the 266 error,,, stuck on triclour screen 0%
12th March 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #110  

5 posts
Wow, this is really a useful and practical guide or reference to help users..

I will put in in my signature for easy reference...

Thanks and cheers

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread