XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gmail via Exchange Activesync Help

Tip us?

lexluthor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
Default Gmail via Exchange Activesync Help

I'd like to use my gmail account connected via exchange activesync. I set that up with various email apps and it works nicely.

The only problem is that I don't use my gmail address as my known email address. I have an alias that points to gmail. When I email people, I want that alias to show as the email and reply to addresses.

When I have everything set up via IMAP/SMTP, I'm able to do that with K9.

Unfortunately, when connected via the Activesync way and I send mail, it always shows my gmail address to the recipient.

Is there any way/app that would allow me to do what I want?

I do have my alias set up as a send mail as option in the gmail web interface.

lexluthor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post
I'd like to use my gmail account connected via exchange activesync. I set that up with various email apps and it works nicely.

The only problem is that I don't use my gmail address as my known email address. I have an alias that points to gmail. When I email people, I want that alias to show as the email and reply to addresses.

When I have everything set up via IMAP/SMTP, I'm able to do that with K9.

Unfortunately, when connected via the Activesync way and I send mail, it always shows my gmail address to the recipient.

Is there any way/app that would allow me to do what I want?

I do have my alias set up as a send mail as option in the gmail web interface.
Bump. I've tried a bunch of different apps. Looks to me that when you use activesync, Google hardcodes your Gmail address as the From address.

If anyone finds anything different, please share.

Back to Gmail's broken implementation of imap. Maybe one day they'll start to push read flags.