5,603,646 Members 36,797 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[recovery] twrp 2.6 OFFICIAL AT&T AND INTERNATIONAL

Tip us?
 
Diesel321
Old
#101  
Diesel321's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 295
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lexington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloir View Post
it doesn't restore kernel at all as we are s-on
Thanks I didn't think so but wanted to check for sure

Never Die!
WORLDWIDE & PERSONIFIED
 
govno64
Old
#102  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 28
Join Date: Aug 2006
Just wanted to share my experience with everyone, so hopefully nobody repeats it.

Info for rooting/unlocking/flashing recovery for the ATT HOX+ is quite disorganized at this point. Kinda went in blind, using experience from multiple other phones.

Flashed TWRP after unlocking bootloader. Could not mount SD (no option, was using the version on TWRP's website before I'd found this thread). Thought perhaps WIPING DATA might fix this. F*#@ me. Softbrick.

Found this thread. Realized I'm an idiot (though in fairness, WHAT THE HELL?! WIPE DATA=softbrick?!?! Never seen that one before).

Flashed new TWRP in this thread. Mount SD button shows up. Try to mount. No good, device not showing up on PC (Win 7 x64). Try to ADB sideload. Also no good (error: device not found). Maybe bad drivers? Searched around, updated binaries, etc. Still couldn't push anything to SD.

Give up. Return phone. New phone. Keeping stock until there's more development =/

Also, FWIW, all this was only an attempt to fix the bluetooth on the phone, since bluetooth audio quality is substantially worse than on my original HOX.
 
Notechis
Old
(Last edited by Notechis; 11th December 2012 at 07:08 PM.) Reason: mistake
#103  
Notechis's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 444
Posts: 1,027
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

 
DONATE TO ME
Well ,

some Infos are hard to get and you have to read some threads careful, before you do something...

ADB sideload should work with newest version of binaries, another user stated
Xposed -Gem Flat
 
MarylandCookie
Old
#104  
MarylandCookie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 349
Posts: 1,214
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by govno64 View Post
Just wanted to share my experience with everyone, so hopefully nobody repeats it.

Info for rooting/unlocking/flashing recovery for the ATT HOX+ is quite disorganized at this point. Kinda went in blind, using experience from multiple other phones.

Flashed TWRP after unlocking bootloader. Could not mount SD (no option, was using the version on TWRP's website before I'd found this thread). Thought perhaps WIPING DATA might fix this. F*#@ me. Softbrick.

Found this thread. Realized I'm an idiot (though in fairness, WHAT THE HELL?! WIPE DATA=softbrick?!?! Never seen that one before).

Flashed new TWRP in this thread. Mount SD button shows up. Try to mount. No good, device not showing up on PC (Win 7 x64). Try to ADB sideload. Also no good (error: device not found). Maybe bad drivers? Searched around, updated binaries, etc. Still couldn't push anything to SD.

Give up. Return phone. New phone. Keeping stock until there's more development =/

Also, FWIW, all this was only an attempt to fix the bluetooth on the phone, since bluetooth audio quality is substantially worse than on my original HOX.
I had the same issue and fixed it via adb sideload.
I have uploaded the latest binaries to my dev host account.
1. Download and extract these to a directory and copy the rom over into the same directory.
2. Boot up your phone into twrp recovery.
3. Select advanced and adbsideload (Your phone will be waiting for the file transfer.)
4. Open command prompt in the above directory you created with the binaries and rom.
5. Issue command "adb devices" (You should get the serial number with sideload next to it)
6. Finally issue command "adb sideload rom.zip" (rom.zip will be the name of your rom)

This will start sending your rom to the handset and will automatically install.

Hope the above helps

Link to Binaries:

ADB Binaries
Device: HTC One
Rom: StOcK
Kernel: -=StOcK 3.4.10=-
Radio: -=4A.14.3250.13_10.33.1150.01L=-

Device: GOOGLE Nexus 7
Rom: Stock
Kernel: -=Stock=-[n/a]
Radio: N/A

TOUCH Recovery By CWM


The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MarylandCookie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
govno64
Old
#105  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 28
Join Date: Aug 2006
Thanks for the upload/info. Would the OP perhaps modify the first post with this info as well, to help other people?
 
Lloir
Old
#106  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 6429
Posts: 5,034
Join Date: Mar 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by govno64 View Post
Thanks for the upload/info. Would the OP perhaps modify the first post with this info as well, to help other people?
done added to the 2nd post
The Following User Says Thank You to Lloir For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ChefChaudart
Old
(Last edited by ChefChaudart; 12th December 2012 at 09:19 AM.)
#107  
ChefChaudart's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 1,212
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gaume
Hello Lloir,

Cannot mount usb, I got driver failure "MTP USB Driver".

I tried on 2 different PCs ( W7 64 bit )

Cheers
Do not forget Liu Xiaobo
Do not forget Troy DAVIS, Yokamon Hearn
 
skdubg
Old
#108  
skdubg's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 222
Posts: 841
Join Date: Feb 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
install pdanet, it helps with driver issue

Tablet: Kindle Fire HD 8.9
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
ROM: CM11 by Hashcode
Kernel: by Hashcode
 
Lloir
Old
#109  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 6429
Posts: 5,034
Join Date: Mar 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefChaudart View Post
Hello Lloir,

Cannot mount usb, I got driver failure "MTP USB Driver".

I tried on 2 different PCs ( W7 64 bit )

Cheers
Read the op

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2
 
ChefChaudart
Old
(Last edited by ChefChaudart; 12th December 2012 at 10:46 AM.)
#110  
ChefChaudart's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 1,212
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gaume
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloir View Post
Read the op
I did it Lloir, but I do not see any mention on USB.
Do not forget Liu Xiaobo
Do not forget Troy DAVIS, Yokamon Hearn

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes