[VIDEO Overviews and How To's] Samsung Galaxy SIII (SGH - T999)

OP AllAboutAndroids

7th October 2012, 04:56 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 5

25 posts
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutAndroids

Hey Aqua, sorry to say this...but you actually only have the HSPA+ Galaxy SIII. Since T-Mobile does not support LTE yet, their S3 version is not an LTE capable device. TO fully utilize your new AT&T line, I recommend you selling your S3 and getting one on a Contract over there for a cheaper price or add some more to purchase the LTE version of the phone.

~Imraan

Thank you for the reply, but what I don't understand is that this phone came from the T-Mobile store. And I do have a contract with them. But it wasn't bought under my account name. The phone was bought from a friend who worked at a T-mobile stand. So why I don't get 4G or LTE service I'm still puzzled. I am so sorry for being an idiot on this, but I'm really dont understand why?
7th October 2012, 08:19 PM   |  #32  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vaughan, Canada
Thanks Meter: 696

717 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaWater

Thank you for the reply, but what I don't understand is that this phone came from the T-Mobile store. And I do have a contract with them. But it wasn't bought under my account name. The phone was bought from a friend who worked at a T-mobile stand. So why I don't get 4G or LTE service I'm still puzzled. I am so sorry for being an idiot on this, but I'm really dont understand why?

Every T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SIII model is the SGH-T999 and that phone itself does not support LTE connectivity
7th October 2012, 08:54 PM   |  #33  

25 posts
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutAndroids

Every T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SIII model is the SGH-T999 and that phone itself does not support LTE connectivity

But it does support 4G service, i know this because my sister actually has a TMobile Account and she is getting 4G service on hers. But for me I can only pick up 3G service. So that is question 1.

And for question two, is basically your saying I would need to get a AT&T model version of the phone in order to receive the LTE or 4G service that is provided in my area?

Thanks so much for helping me out here.
~Aqua
8th October 2012, 02:43 AM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 1

35 posts
No LTE on SGH T999
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaWater

But it does support 4G service, i know this because my sister actually has a TMobile Account and she is getting 4G service on hers. But for me I can only pick up 3G service. So that is question 1.

And for question two, is basically your saying I would need to get a AT&T model version of the phone in order to receive the LTE or 4G service that is provided in my area?

Thanks so much for helping me out here.
~Aqua

I have the tmobile version of the S3 running on At&t. The SGH T999 does not have an LTE firmware. The most you will get is HSPA+. You will definitely need to get the AT&T version to take advantage of their LTE network.
8th October 2012, 05:48 PM   |  #35  

25 posts
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by kekuta

I have the tmobile version of the S3 running on At&t. The SGH T999 does not have an LTE firmware. The most you will get is HSPA+. You will definitely need to get the AT&T version to take advantage of their LTE network.

OK thank you everyone who has helped me understand this. I really have no idea why it wasn't registering in my head. I 100% get it now. I also called AT&T and i did a 3G speed test and I'm getting like 700Kbps and 50Kbps up. which is horrible. I don't even think I'm getting HSPA+. I'm like a step below.

So i was talking to him and he suggested that I could get a refurbished version of the phone for $100 and all i would need to do is extend my contract a little by 6 months. Now Since my phone is factory unlocked I could sell my phone and easily get the $100 for the phone plus it comes with a 90 day warranty. And for $5.99/month I could get the insurance package which if something happens they will replace it for $199.00. Which isn't a bad idea. But he said a lot of times people buy the phones and decides they just simply don't like it or would rather have a different one and since it has been used, they have to advertise it as " refurbished."

So what my question is, is has anyone ever bought a refurbished phone and had success with it? Or has anyone had any horror stories with the getting a refurbished one?

Thanks in advance everyone.
~Aqua
5th November 2012, 02:19 PM   |  #36  
Gunnison
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
More
If you are still trying to sell your SGH-I999 I would be very interested. I am in the opposite situation as you I have a Gaqlaxy S II and went to t-Mobile and now I don't have 3g/4g so I have to find a T-mobile Phone. Please message me if possible
9th November 2012, 12:22 AM   |  #37  
Flag Miramar
Thanks Meter: 10

103 posts
More
Talking
thanks for those videos..
12th December 2012, 02:15 AM   |  #38  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 16

90 posts
More
videos are awesome!
It is nice to review these before I flash.
12th December 2012, 07:58 PM   |  #39  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vaughan, Canada
Thanks Meter: 696

717 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linofer

thanks for those videos..

Thanks for watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJaynAZ

It is nice to review these before I flash.

Haha that's the goal

Thanks for watching!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread