Headphones with Media Controller

OP t1mman

19th November 2012, 09:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 210

1,207 posts
Donate to Me
More
Anyone tried headphones with media Controller (Like the Galaxy S, the nokia)?

I'm looking for my car setup and I want to put a controller closer to the steering wheel and a microphone integrated, but I don't know it it'l work :|
20th November 2012, 04:20 PM   |  #2  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 17

116 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1mman

Anyone tried headphones with media Controller (Like the Galaxy S, the nokia)?

I'm looking for my car setup and I want to put a controller closer to the steering wheel and a microphone integrated, but I don't know it it'l work :|

You mean like any bluetooth stereo headphones? I'm pretty certain no wired headset will do this because the headphone jack doesn't support it.

There are quite a few standalone bluetooth stereo receivers around that you can plug generic headphones or a stereo line-out into though. I prefer the Jabra BT-3030 'dogtag' receivers, but there are plenty of others around. Just do a search on Froogle, Buy.com or any other big electronics site and you'll find them. The only real difference between them all is battery life and sound quality, they all have media player controls using standard Bluetooth profiles and they all include a condenser mic built-in.
Last edited by amrando; 20th November 2012 at 04:26 PM.
20th November 2012, 04:52 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

1,207 posts
Donate to Me
More
No, I was talking about a button on the wired headphone, like the Galaxy S, to skip track, answer call, those sort of things.

From what LG answered me, it's not possible...

Downer there :|
22nd November 2012, 04:31 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

1,207 posts
Donate to Me
More
Finaly found a spare pair of headphones from a Galaxy, with the button for the media controller.

Turns out, it works!

Long press opens voice control,
short press starts media player
two short press skips the track when playing.

There must be a standard for Android, I'll try to find the list tomorow and test it out, but anyway, good thing it works.

Anyway, good things it works! I'm running a lot, long distance, and it'll screw up any bluetooth, even S-10 (my current pair had some issue but cleaned up after drying in rice), so the good ol' button hearphones with the media controller is the best for me!

I've ordered a "seperate" microphone with a button and the input, I'll test and let you know!
13th December 2012, 06:09 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I just bought some a-JAYS One+ for about 60$ The remote works with the Optimus G and most android phones.

The remote lets you:
Skip tracks
FF / Rwind
Play / Pause
Volume up / Down
Pick up calls

The sound quality is actually very good especially for bass junkies like myself. Not to mention the sleek swedish design.

I absolutely recommend them to anyone out there.

Cheers!

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda app-developers app
13th December 2012, 07:07 AM   |  #6  
Flag Paris & Seoul
Thanks Meter: 41

111 posts
More
Hello,

Using the application "Jays Headset Control" (Play Store) we get the same result with the original headphones lg ^^
And you can change the button action in Advanced Mode...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tcontrol&hl=en

Enjoy!!!
3rd March 2013, 10:55 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 30

215 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1mman

Finaly found a spare pair of headphones from a Galaxy, with the button for the media controller.

Turns out, it works!

Long press opens voice control,
short press starts media player
two short press skips the track when playing.

There must be a standard for Android, I'll try to find the list tomorow and test it out, but anyway, good thing it works.

Anyway, good things it works! I'm running a lot, long distance, and it'll screw up any bluetooth, even S-10 (my current pair had some issue but cleaned up after drying in rice), so the good ol' button hearphones with the media controller is the best for me!

I've ordered a "seperate" microphone with a button and the input, I'll test and let you know!

it is not a Android feature, it is just the the extra rim on the 3.5 headphone minijack that adds controls to it. and Android have adapted it. like micro USB for charging and connecting.

open standards are always to prefer
18th March 2013, 09:21 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 554

687 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benseoul

Hello,

Using the application "Jays Headset Control" (Play Store) we get the same result with the original headphones lg ^^
And you can change the button action in Advanced Mode...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tcontrol&hl=en

Enjoy!!!

Huge thanks for this! As a new convert from iOS this is a sweet app to find!
20th March 2013, 04:01 AM   |  #9  
Flag Medellin
Thanks Meter: 6

68 posts
More
Re: Headphones with Media Controller
Quote:
Originally Posted by krankdroid

it is not a Android feature, it is just the the extra rim on the 3.5 headphone minijack that adds controls to it. and Android have adapted it. like micro USB for charging and connecting.

open standards are always to prefer

Well, I tried with my old Nokia N95 headset which has play, forward, volume, etc. And it did not work as expected, some buttons work as a single button headset. Also bought a Samsung headset (could not find LG headsets) with a button and volume control and the volume control does not work, the volume up key replicates the button.
So it is not that standard.
Or is there an app to activate the volume and multimedia buttons on those headsets?

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread