Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 45,459 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] ICS Style Settings for CM7

Tip us?

lowert
Old
(Last edited by lowert; 2nd August 2012 at 11:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisham027 View Post
I will try to do something about it on Saturday, but I wont be able to test it since I dont use the O2X now so I will just upload the new file here.
Thanks for that,i will try it.BTW check my post at Optimus black,i was successfully removed the battery use menu(i cant fix it cause i think targetclass for it is different) and gave credit to you
Nexus 4 - Slim Bean BUILD5 w\ Trinity Kernel Build125
Nexus S - Hellybean
The Following User Says Thank You to lowert For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hisham027
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 121
I tried to do it, but I am getting errors when tryin to recompile apk

Quote:
[*] C:\Users\user\Downloads\AutoAPKTool2.0.4a\AutoAPKT ool2.0.4\_INPUT_APK\Settings
recompiling C:\Users\user\Downloads\AutoAPKTool2.0.4a\AutoAPKT ool2.0.4\_INPUT_APK\Settings...
I: Smaling...
I: Building resources...
C:\Users\user\Downloads\AutoAPKTool2.0.4a\AutoAPKT ool2.0.4\_INPUT_APK\Settings\res\xml\settings.xml: 9: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'icon' with value '@drawable/ic_settings_bluetooth2').
C:\Users\user\Downloads\AutoAPKTool2.0.4a\AutoAPKT ool2.0.4\_INPUT_APK\Settings\res\xml\settings.xml: 12: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'icon' with value '@drawable/ic_settings_more').
C:\Users\user\Downloads\AutoAPKTool2.0.4a\AutoAPKT ool2.0.4\_INPUT_APK\Settings\res\xml\settings.xml: 38: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'icon' with value '@drawable/ic_settings_battery').
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL3558518093 760725633.tmp, -I, C:\Users\user\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\user\Downloads\AutoAPKTool2.0.4a\AutoAPKT ool2.0.4\_INPUT_APK\Settings\res, -M, C:\Users\user\Downloads\AutoAPKTool2.0.4a\AutoAPKT ool2.0.4\_INPUT_APK\Settings\AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(An drolibResources.java:193)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib .java:301)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.jav a:248)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:171)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:154)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:182)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:67)
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL3558518093 760725633.tmp, -I, C:\Users\user\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\user\Downloads\AutoAPKTool2.0.4a\AutoAPKT ool2.0.4\_INPUT_APK\Settings\res, -M, C:\Users\user\Downloads\AutoAPKTool2.0.4a\AutoAPKT ool2.0.4\_INPUT_APK\Settings\AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:83)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(An drolibResources.java:191)
... 6 more
The system cannot find the drive specified.

X8Fan
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Seems to be nice.. Trying it.

dirtsky
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisham027 View Post
Thanks to xda member balamu96m, now we can make the settings menu look like the ICS one.

With CM7 Stock Theme

With Sonny Sekhon CM7 theme https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...onny.theme.ics

With jasonevil Ice9 theme for CM7 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1327602

I have made a flashable zip by following balamu96m guide. You can find it attached with this post, If it doesnt work out delete the settings.apk from system/app/ and replace it with the one attached in this post and set permissions as rw-r-r.

Update: 29-April-2012

- Battery Use menu now directs you straight to the settings/About phone/battery use.

- Added new flashable zip

Thanks for sharing this. I decided to give this Settings.apk a shot on my Incredible 2 and as fate would have it, it works. Nice mod.
Nexus 4 (Straight Talk)
ROM: SlimKat 4.4.2 - Build 3.4 Unofficial (Self Built)
Kernel: Matr1x v.13

Galaxy Nexus (Verizon)(Got rid of the money hungry whores!)
Rom: SlimKat 4.4.2 - Build 3.2 Unofficial (Self Built)
Kernel: Mpokang

Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8064 MDP/T
Tablet that is on steroids!
Rom: Stock (Rooted)
Kernel: Stock

Ouya Console
Rom: Stock (Rooted)
Kernel: Stock

If I've helped you please press the thanks button