Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,865 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Proximity Sensor

Tip us?

ntothes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Proximity Sensor

Does anyone else have problems with the screen not turning off when on a phone call? Mine doesn't turn off unless I directly cover the proximity sensor with my fingertip. I believe it has been this way the whole time I've had the phone, but maybe it's been worse since I went to ICS. I'm on Dark Raider right now.

I have been turning off the screen when in a call, but it would be nice if the sensor just worked. Is there any calibration tool available for the vivid? Or is this probably a busted sensor? My fiance's vivid also does the same thing.

MauiKeitai
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I get the opposite. The screen turns off when put on my ear but doesn't come back when taken away from ear. Very annoying when you're dealing with an automated teller. Anybody know know anything?

Sent from my NookColor using XDA

Choanita
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Did you find a solution for the proximity sensor? My screen stays one while calling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntothes View Post
Does anyone else have problems with the screen not turning off when on a phone call? Mine doesn't turn off unless I directly cover the proximity sensor with my fingertip. I believe it has been this way the whole time I've had the phone, but maybe it's been worse since I went to ICS. I'm on Dark Raider right now.

I have been turning off the screen when in a call, but it would be nice if the sensor just worked. Is there any calibration tool available for the vivid? Or is this probably a busted sensor? My fiance's vivid also does the same thing.