[Mod][4.1.2][TW] Ink Effect No S Pen Now with Red/Black [Darker Ink]

Search This thread

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Good to know. I honestly think these two colors look the best out of all of them. They're fuller and deeper then the stock ones.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium

+1
The Red is amazing.:thumbup: It's like my ink pen just got refilled! Lol:p
Also working flawlessly on Jelly Thunder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
What's the semi dark gray transparent color towards the bottom of the lock screen. After the mod it was there? So after I noticed it, I just flashed a new Rom I'm testing out. And no grayish color on the lock screen. Only after mod is applied!:confused: just wondering. ..
Love the red & black colors. Sammy should have included them! :p

regulusv7

Sep 16, 2012
What's the semi dark gray transparent color towards the bottom of the lock screen. After the mod it was there? So after I noticed it, I just flashed a new Rom I'm testing out. And no grayish color on the lock screen. Only after mod is applied!:confused: just wondering. ..

I will look into that. I only changed the arrays for the colors but I will check the conds and see if it is referencing something.

regulusv7

Sep 16, 2012

Found it. Will upload v2 in a minute

Reactions: Bajanman

conflict0102

Aug 23, 2012
Hollywood
Im on Jedi X 6.1.2 and the red/black v2 is working perfectly.

Loving the red ink. Thanks for this mod.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Bodoct

Nov 11, 2012
On jedi 6.1.2 with aosp blue theme and flashed with v2 ink and red/black, everything works great. Thanks for the awesome work.

Blairware

Nov 12, 2009
Wake Forest, NC
Truly awesome mod!

I love stuff like this. Absolutely useless, (therefore you MUST have it, lol) from a practical standpoint, but the kind of thing that always gets a reaction, especially from non-android types. Anyway I just got here, and I want to flash only what's needed. If I go for V2 do i just need to flash:

Ink Effects Red and Black V2.zip OR: Darker Ink V2.zip
AND:
SecSettings RedBlack.zip AND: Classes.zip

Just want to be clear, since there are now 7 zips in the Op. Thanks for making such an awesome, cool, totally useless, amazing mod for our already amazing devices. Take THAT, Nexus 4 and DNA. Lets see your stylus... oh wait. You ain't even gotta stylus now, do ya? :cyclops:

the2rrell

Jun 27, 2011
Yes i agree i have no idea which one to flash.......lol

i am on jedi and others say that they have the v2 red and black ink working...i have flashed three of these and they do absolutly NOTHING to my ink options or lock screen.

the OP is not very clear on what is for what, i understand the whole stand point of IF YOU DONT WHAT DO WITH IT, THEN DONT FLASH IT......but its a freakin INK mark.

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
I love stuff like this. Absolutely useless, (therefore you MUST have it, lol) from a practical standpoint, but the kind of thing that always gets a reaction, especially from non-android types. Anyway I just got here, and I want to flash only what's needed. If I go for V2 do i just need to flash:

Ink Effects Red and Black V2.zip OR: Darker Ink V2.zip
AND:
SecSettings RedBlack.zip AND: Classes.zip

Just want to be clear, since there are now 7 zips in the Op. Thanks for making such an awesome, cool, totally useless, amazing mod for our already amazing devices. Take THAT, Nexus 4 and DNA. Lets see your stylus... oh wait. You ain't even gotta stylus now, do ya? :cyclops:

I would suggest flashing ink back&red V2zip:thumbup:
And sec black&red zip.
I personally flash the the inkv2 first, then the sec zip after. :eek:
The darker Ink zip, is to make all of the inks darker. .

Yes i agree i have no idea which one to flash.......lol

i am on jedi and others say that they have the v2 red and black ink working...i have flashed three of these and they do absolutly NOTHING to my ink options or lock screen.

the OP is not very clear on what is for what, i understand the whole stand point of IF YOU DONT WHAT DO WITH IT, THEN DONT FLASH IT......but its a freakin INK mark.

Yeah I can understand what your saying. But all of them work, but I had noticed there was a slight gray image towards the bottom of the screen.:eek: On the first version that's in the Op. So he made V2 to fix that problem! :D

Last edited:

DJBBOX

Sep 14, 2012
Miami/Panama
The shadow image is there for a purpose, makes the water effect more realistic as the water moves with the ripple effect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium HD app

DroidOnRoids

Dec 30, 2011
Baltimore, MD
I've done a thread search and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Can I use this mod for CleanROM 3.4 on Verizon? Even though it's based on 4.1.2, I'd like to make sure I can use this. Thanks.

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
The shadow image is there for a purpose, makes the water effect more realistic as the water moves with the ripple effect.

Yeah I can see that. But for certain wallpaper's it doesn't look right. Just my 2¢..
Guess that's why he left the original Zip in the Op..:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Darker Ink - For those of you that like the darker ink over the stock ink I modified the colors to make them bolder. Let me know what you think.

Flash either Darker ink or Ink Effect Red and Black but not both. They override each other.

Just flash the files attached. The first is the new patched android.policy.jar which should work like the other
    The 2nd is a vrtheme to add classes.dex to secsettings so that you can choose the new colors

Step 1:
    Flash the ink effect that you would like. Only diffenece between v1 and v2 is the grey shadow on lockscreen.
    Step 2:
    Flash SecSettings RedBlack especially if you want the Red and Black options to show up in you settings menu.

That's it. Pretty simple If you want darker in pick that one, if you want the standard ink pick that one. They override each other so only pick one.

I also attached the classes.dex file so you can do it manually for different roms, just overwrite the classes.dex in the secsettings.apk DO NOT FLASH THIS ONE. IT JUST HAS CLASSES.DEX IN IT.

V2
    Removed the greyish tint on lockscreen that bajanman noticed. If you like it you can keep v1 that is the only change.

I would like to give a special thanks to jarari2 for helping me get the arrays right in the smali.

Confirmed Working on
    NOTEorious Prime RC1.5 JB 4.1.2 AOSP/TW Mash-up N7105
    CleanROM 3.0.1 Thanks P1 Wookie
    Jelly Thunder Thanks Bajanman
    http://db.tt/l7ea68B8

Here is the secsettings.apk from CleanROM 4.0. It should be the same as 4.0.5

Sent from my Galaxy Note II on CleanROM 4.0

Here you go, let me know how it goes.

Here you go, let me know how it goes.
    My phone won't install the classes zip. It installed the first two fine but keeps failing on classes. I'm on Jedi X6 . 1 with persus 28 kernel. It didn't mess up my phone or boot loop. Not sure....

Sent from the highly modded JDevil Note 2
    If your flashing this through recovery you only need to do the first two files. The classes.zip is for dev's to bake it into their ROMs

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium

Thank you. Working perfect

Sent from the highly modded JDevil Note 2
    Bug confirmed! I'm on CR4.0.5 and have that too but it works perfectly. I hope the amount of download the files get is the same amount of thanks regulusv7 get for this fix. Thanks you more time.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Regulusv7 did you use the file I sent you or the one Alcapone posted here? I think his was from 4.0 the one I sent by email is pulled straight from CleanRom4.0.5 that am running. I dont think like he said that there is a difference but I'll ask scott and see.

Did you send me Secsetting.apk? i just saw andoid.policy.jar.
    I only made smali changes so if the public.xml file in the values folder has different associations that can happen. I can send you the secsettings.apk if you want to test that to see if it still happens.