4 posts
hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by alejob54

I bought a chinese cheap tablet.
Model gs701b,
Android version: 4.0.3
Kernel 3.0.8 wineulo@Monia-Server #15

And the next day that crap stop working. There was a error message. "unfortunately the process android.process.acore has stopped" and so on with the applications. Some days worked, some days didn't, even the keyboard stopped working. First i did, was to reset factory data on settings. it didn't work. then turn it on with the power button + Vol+. and select the 1 option. Erase user data. Didn't work as i expected, the problem went on. So i started to read on internet and after searching for a week i followed the instructions provided here

/* I can not place the link here because it says im new, so search in youtube : gs701b " and the video with the name "Tablet PC Q8, gs701b, MIPS, ATM 7013, not Allwinner A13" thats the one */

I downloaded that file and did what he said.
Some people says that method does not work and their touch screens got locked, as you can read on the video comments. I think its because their models weren't the same.

So i did it with my gs701b and everything went perfectly. I just put that file(extracted) on the recently formated MicroSD, rebooted it with power button and vol+ pressed, selected option 3: upgrade firmware from SD and it took a few minutes, no longer than 5. Now apps work fine and the touch screen didnt screw up. I hope it helps someone as this forum and the video did it.

Sorry about my english. I speak spanish.

PS: after i did it, the android version is still the same. 4.0.3

Can i downgrade it to android 2.3 ? i think it would become faster. Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

There is a video where a guy fixes a problem like that.
Cant post links but search in youtube: "Como cambiar la rom a una tablet china". it's in spanish.

Hi, i also did the steps from there, and the touchscreen does not work, I don't know if there is 2 kinds of gs701b, to be precise, there is 2 different models of gs701b, the one with the home button and the other without it, so i don't really know if I can use that stuff on both, the one is not working is the one with the home button on it, I have both because I resell those, I really need the stuff for warranty purposes, really appreciate your comment and thanks, by the way, I'm a spanish speaker too, but we can't write in spanish here.
18th December 2012, 01:59 PM   |  #12  
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 4

396 posts
hi

if after the hardreset the touchsreen is not working and the reflash is the firmware has the same effect then its definitely a hardware issue with the screen, its a shame they havent released any other firmware updates, anyway for warranty purposes reflash the firmware, and take bak to vendor is you are not having much joy.
18th December 2012, 02:14 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
has anyone figured out how to root the gs701b yet ?
18th December 2012, 03:54 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmamuas

Hi, i also did the steps from there, and the touchscreen does not work, I don't know if there is 2 kinds of gs701b, to be precise, there is 2 different models of gs701b, the one with the home button and the other without it, so i don't really know if I can use that stuff on both, the one is not working is the one with the home button on it, I have both because I resell those, I really need the stuff for warranty purposes, really appreciate your comment and thanks, by the way, I'm a spanish speaker too, but we can't write in spanish here.

As you say, there could be more than one kind of them. The one i fixed yesterday (my gs701b) doesn't have home button.
Hope it could be useful.
The Following User Says Thank You to alejob54 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2012, 04:51 PM   |  #15  
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 4

396 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnytimes

has anyone figured out how to root the gs701b yet ?

rooting should be similar to methods for the A13 MID tablet (either using the unlock root - unlockroot.com or suggestions here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post33349032), however my challenge has been finding the right usb drivers for the tablet to be recognised by my PC?? Anyway will play around a bit later and see what i could make of things.

Coincidentally for the guys having touchscreen probs, i have tried the other firmware listed on http://ele-china.com/soft/tablet/Atm/Q8/ - 2012092002_Q8_TF.zip and it works well
The Following User Says Thank You to jfran For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2012, 09:14 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfran

rooting should be similar to methods for the A13 MID tablet (either using the unlock root - unlockroot.com or suggestions here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post33349032), however my challenge has been finding the right usb drivers for the tablet to be recognised by my PC?? Anyway will play around a bit later and see what i could make of things.

Coincidentally for the guys having touchscreen probs, i have tried the other firmware listed on http://ele-china.com/soft/tablet/Atm/Q8/ - 2012092002_Q8_TF.zip and it works well

same .. i can't get adb to even find the thing .. i tried unlockroot with no luck as it can't find the tablet .. i tried installing the google usb drivers with an edited usb inf file with still no luck .. hmm if that firmware works could we not just edit the firmware before flash to be rooted ? , not that i know how to do that yet..
18th December 2012, 10:37 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by alejob54

I bought a chinese cheap tablet.
Model gs701b,
Android version: 4.0.3
Kernel 3.0.8 wineulo@Monia-Server #15

And the next day that crap stop working. There was a error message. "unfortunately the process android.process.acore has stopped" and so on with the applications. Some days worked, some days didn't, even the keyboard stopped working. First i did, was to reset factory data on settings. it didn't work. then turn it on with the power button + Vol+. and select the 1 option. Erase user data. Didn't work as i expected, the problem went on. So i started to read on internet and after searching for a week i followed the instructions provided here

/* I can not place the link here because it says im new, so search in youtube : gs701b " and the video with the name "Tablet PC Q8, gs701b, MIPS, ATM 7013, not Allwinner A13" thats the one */

I downloaded that file and did what he said.
Some people says that method does not work and their touch screens got locked, as you can read on the video comments. I think its because their models weren't the same.

So i did it with my gs701b and everything went perfectly. I just put that file(extracted) on the recently formated MicroSD, rebooted it with power button and vol+ pressed, selected option 3: upgrade firmware from SD and it took a few minutes, no longer than 5. Now apps work fine and the touch screen didnt screw up. I hope it helps someone as this forum and the video did it.

Sorry about my english. I speak spanish.

PS: after i did it, the android version is still the same. 4.0.3

Can i downgrade it to android 2.3 ? i think it would become faster. Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

There is a video where a guy fixes a problem like that.
Cant post links but search in youtube: "Como cambiar la rom a una tablet china". it's in spanish.

buddy, could you post a picture (or many) of your tablet, i just want to know if is the same as mine, and tell me where are you from, thanks in advance.
19th December 2012, 12:39 PM   |  #18  
Flag travel for work alot
Thanks Meter: 28

156 posts
More
anyone find the proper mid gs701b drivers yet? spent 3 days searching and still havnt found it.
20th December 2012, 04:43 AM   |  #19  
Flag cardiff
Thanks Meter: 3

8 posts
hi i got the drivers and how to root my tablet from a site i found look at post 5 google ' help-needed-how-root-apad-gl5201'
if drivers dont work you can manually edit android_usb driver . to do this use a a usb andoid driver you downloaded then you edit add the hardware id of your tablet you can find that information if you look in device manager right click on your tablet click properties then click on details. for my tablet it reads USB\VID_10D6&PID_0C02&MI_01. you open android_winusb.inf in notepad then add your hardware details for my tablet it looks like this after i have edited it.

;
; Android WinUsb driver installation.
;
[Version]
Signature = "$Windows NT$"
Class = AndroidUsbDeviceClass
ClassGuid = {3F966BD9-FA04-4ec5-991C-D326973B5128}
Provider = %ProviderName%
DriverVer = 12/06/2010,4.0.0000.00000
CatalogFile.NTx86 = androidwinusb86.cat
CatalogFile.NTamd64 = androidwinusba64.cat

;
; This section seems to be required for WinUsb driver installation.
; If this section is removed the installer will report an error
; "Required section not found in INF file".
;
[ClassInstall32]
Addreg = AndroidWinUsbClassReg

[AndroidWinUsbClassReg]
HKR,,,0,%ClassName%
HKR,,Icon,,-1

[Manufacturer]
%ProviderName% = Google, NTx86, NTamd64

[Google.NTx86]
; Action-semi
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_10D6&PID_0C02&MI_01

[Google.NTamd64]
; Action-semi
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_10D6&PID_0C02&MI_01

[USB_Install]
Include = winusb.inf
Needs = WINUSB.NT

[USB_Install.Services]
Include = winusb.inf
AddService = WinUSB,0x00000002,WinUSB_ServiceInstall

[WinUSB_ServiceInstall]
DisplayName = %WinUSB_SvcDesc%
ServiceType = 1
StartType = 3
ErrorControl = 1
ServiceBinary = %12%\WinUSB.sys

[USB_Install.Wdf]
KmdfService = WINUSB, WinUSB_Install

[WinUSB_Install]
KmdfLibraryVersion = 1.9

[USB_Install.HW]
AddReg = Dev_AddReg

[Dev_AddReg]
HKR,,DeviceInterfaceGUIDs,0x10000,"{F72FE0D4-CBCB-407d-8814-9ED673D0DD6B}"

[USB_Install.CoInstallers]
AddReg = CoInstallers_AddReg
CopyFiles = CoInstallers_CopyFiles

[CoInstallers_AddReg]
HKR,,CoInstallers32,0x00010000,"WdfCoInstaller0100 9.dll,WdfCoInstaller","WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll"

[CoInstallers_CopyFiles]
WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll
WdfCoInstaller01009.dll

[DestinationDirs]
CoInstallers_CopyFiles=11

[SourceDisksNames]
1 = %DISK_NAME%,,,\i386
2 = %DISK_NAME%,,,\amd64

[SourceDisksFiles.x86]
WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll = 1
WdfCoInstaller01009.dll = 1

[SourceDisksFiles.amd64]
WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll = 2
WdfCoInstaller01009.dll = 2

[Strings]
ProviderName = "Google, Inc."
SingleAdbInterface = "Android ADB Interface"
CompositeAdbInterface = "Android Composite ADB Interface"
SingleBootLoaderInterface = "Android Bootloader Interface"
WinUSB_SvcDesc = "Android USB Driver"
DISK_NAME = "Android WinUsb installation disk"
ClassName = "Android Phone"

you can copy this if you want and just make the changes to match your tablet (just change USB\VID_10D6&PID_0C02&MI_01 to what it is for your tablet) . save it as androidusb.inf and replace the one thats part of the android usb drivers you got

---------- Post added at 03:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by brynthomas

hi i got the drivers and how to root my tablet from a site i found look at post 5 google ' help-needed-how-root-apad-gl5201'

just to update it better to google ' [Help needed] How to root **** gl5201? ' that will give you the right site. I also forgot to ask people on here say that they were able to reflash their tablet. has anyone or dose anyone know how to flash it if the sd slot dont work and you cant enter recovery menu so you cant use update from sd or enter adfu mode.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brynthomas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th December 2012, 11:37 AM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Hi.

Same problem here: after installing TF-20121031-Q8-0329camera.zip from SD, my screed died. Before that, all was working fine. The partially good thing is that I've got another full working tablet, same model.

For the record, I'm a complete noob in Android stuff, but willing to try. My ideea was to somehow dump the working ROM from the tablet that is working and restore it on the one with the dead digitizer.

Is it possible to do such a thing? Also, I've got a zip with three files: icecream_gl5201_q8_rgb.fw, misc.img and system.img. Are they useful to something?

Thanks!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread