5,606,409 Members 33,506 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

bad brick , need urgent help

Tip us?

CoverSpark
Old
(Last edited by CoverSpark; 15th December 2012 at 02:34 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Service bad brick , need urgent help

Hello guys, my captivate is bricked badly right now, The reason being of me being stupid and trying to experiment with random 95mb rom's that just ruined my phone but right now my phone just doesn't boot up,
its not even doing the bootloops, it just shows the AT&T logo, i kept the phone for about 3 hours and it still was at the bootscreen of AT&T.
now after some time i tried to go into CWM but its showing a error with semaphore cwm background image stating :-

"" E: Can't Open /cache/recovery/log ""
"" E: Can't Open /cache/recovery/log ""
"" E: Can't Open /cache/recovery/last_log ""
"" E: Can't Open /cache/recovery/last_log ""

and there is no progress to it, i can just restart and then the phone will freeze itself again in the AT&T/Charging logo.

i also have no idea about odin but just went through a YT tutorial , installed its drivers and have a odin file of 180+ mb,
i tried pressing the volume rockr, three button combo but it just doesn't shows any download thingy on my screen or any detection of device at odin also.

please help guys, sorry for the bad english.

4-2ndtwin
Old
(Last edited by 4-2ndtwin; 15th December 2012 at 03:16 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2405

DONATE TO ME
If u can't use the button combo (hold volumes + & - together and insert micro usb into phone, having the usb end already connected to pc, with Odin already open prior to this)...then u r gonna need a Jig. Either make or buy one. See my sig link below for where to go for either. Then once in download mode ur gonna have to flash back to Stock firmware. I recommend i897ucKK4. See my sig link for that also.

See here for pc connection issues... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=33227541

And stop flashing random Odin stuff without knowing what u r doing or ur gonna end up with a hard brick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4-2ndtwin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CoverSpark
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2ndtwin View Post
If u can't use the button combo (hold volumes + & - together and insert micro usb into phone, having the usb end already connected to pc, with Odin already open prior to this)...then u r gonna need a Jig. Either make or buy one. See my sig link below for where to go for either. Then once in download mode ur gonna have to flash back to Stock firmware. I recommend i897ucKK4. See my sig link for that also.

See here for pc connection issues... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=33227541

And stop flashing random Odin stuff without knowing what u r doing or ur gonna end up with a hard brick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium
Thanks for your reply,
i just bought a Jig and went through your procedure with some help from my friend and now its working well ,
its running on stock and i'm very stunned by its boot animations but eclair still is of no use for my needs.
Thanks again.