Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,699 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xoom-Sandbox: No Write permissions on any Partition [WIPE, Flash nothing works]

Tip us?

jnc8651
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I had something like this happen awhile back to me. It had this issue and apps kept crashing as they could not write to the /data partition.

I ended up booting in to android rescue and unmounted the data partition then i fsck'ed it. i did it two times and it apparently had a TON of FS errors and once it finished i booted back up and i dident have issues with apps crashing
and the /data partition was mounted rw instead of ro
8125 ----> att tilt cracked screen ( i miss my tilt ) ----> att fuze (digitiser is eff'ed) -----> sh1tty samsung x427m ------> att touch pro2 { lost } ---> iphone 3g :/ ----> att touch pro 2 ---> tmo htc hd2 ---> htc thunderbolt ( sold) --> Moto Droid 4+ motorola xoom ( with lte installed) ---> moto xoom ( with LTE) and a verizon samsung galaxy s3 (blue 32gb)

crackmaniac
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
at this time i can't test it. I sent it back to amazon...
Still waiting for an answer....

ioish
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I seem to have the same problem with my Xoom, did you get an answer from Amazon?

crackmaniac
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
After sending back to amazon i first got an offer to repair the Xoom on my costs. It was about 290€ .
The offer was not directly from Amazon, but from an repairservice charged with this.

After an nice but hard e-mail directly to Amazon i got an complete new Xoom without any trouble.

ioish
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackmaniac View Post
After sending back to amazon i first got an offer to repair the Xoom on my costs. It was about 290 .
The offer was not directly from Amazon, but from an repairservice charged with this.

After an nice but hard e-mail directly to Amazon i got an complete new Xoom without any trouble.
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately for me my warranty is over, so I'll have to keep trying to find another solution.