Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Deleted

Dash Radio Increase Hack to Increase Bandwidth

OP miker2431

3rd April 2009, 09:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Bristol, CT
Thanks Meter: 5

76 posts
More
I've been reading around, and have seen that some people have been able to increase the radio power on their phones leading to increased bandwidth... Has anyone successfully done this? If so, how can I do this?
3rd April 2009, 11:50 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

59 posts
wow...i didn't even know that was possible...i always thought that was controlled by the network...as in the towers or something. then again where there's a will..there's a way
3rd April 2009, 11:57 PM   |  #3  
Retired Moderator & Assistant Forum Admin
Flag XDA Server Likes: The Art of War Hates: Cowards
Thanks Meter: 507

9,835 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm not sure about hacking a Radio? I know that there are different Radio's available that allow different reception\battery life\GPS fix, there are a few radio's out for the Dash\Excalibur but not as much choice as many other models mainly due to fact not as many official builds or people porting them from other models.
4th April 2009, 07:36 AM   |  #4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 6

288 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miker2431

I've been reading around, and have seen that some people have been able to increase the radio power on their phones leading to increased bandwidth... Has anyone successfully done this? If so, how can I do this?

I have also heard about this !.! several times on 2 forums (I cannot remember witch ones)

I thought this would be really cool hack did lots of research BUT NEVER found a how to guide.
there is people saying this is possible but there is no guide.....
4th April 2009, 08:46 AM   |  #5  

218 posts
Never bad to have a strounger Radio on Dash Excalibur
30th August 2009, 08:13 AM   |  #6  
Banned
Flag salem, oregon

181 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miker2431

I hate reviving dead threads... but a quick explanation which might spur interest. This would be plausible for any American phone that isnt running the T-mobile network. Radio signal runs off the towers, when a cellular company increase cellular tower power they release a patch OTA (most times) or on the web page changing the current radio software to the updated radio software. Sooo I know that tmo has nothing new i checked with a tmo rep today but at&t might be an option worth looking at.
30th August 2009, 03:04 PM   |  #7  
Flag Cloppenburg
Thanks Meter: 3

86 posts
More
Radio Hacking to get better bandwith
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylez

I'm not sure about hacking a Radio? I know that there are different Radio's available that allow different reception\battery life\GPS fix, there are a few radio's out for the Dash\Excalibur but not as much choice as many other models mainly due to fact not as many official builds or people porting them from other models.

Hi stylez,

you´ve spoken about some wm 6.5 roms, wich habe different battery life and reception. Could you tell me a rom, with has a better battery-lifetime than the last 3vo-rom (wich is absolutely perfect but has a battery-lifetime of less than one day. )

Thanks

kowalskie

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread