Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,523 Members 50,299 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dash Radio Increase Hack to Increase Bandwidth

Tip us?

miker2431
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Dash Radio Increase Hack to Increase Bandwidth

I've been reading around, and have seen that some people have been able to increase the radio power on their phones leading to increased bandwidth... Has anyone successfully done this? If so, how can I do this?

mossimo53
Old
Thanks Meter 0
wow...i didn't even know that was possible...i always thought that was controlled by the network...as in the towers or something. then again where there's a will..there's a way

stylez
Old
Moderator Committee - Assistant Forum Admin
Thanks Meter 507

DONATE TO ME
I'm not sure about hacking a Radio? I know that there are different Radio's available that allow different reception\battery life\GPS fix, there are a few radio's out for the Dash\Excalibur but not as much choice as many other models mainly due to fact not as many official builds or people porting them from other models.

MAKO / GROUPER / XOOM / G1

tuppaacc
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by miker2431 View Post
I've been reading around, and have seen that some people have been able to increase the radio power on their phones leading to increased bandwidth... Has anyone successfully done this? If so, how can I do this?
I have also heard about this !.! several times on 2 forums (I cannot remember witch ones)

I thought this would be really cool hack did lots of research BUT NEVER found a how to guide.
there is people saying this is possible but there is no guide.....

HTCP4000PPC
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Never bad to have a strounger Radio on Dash Excalibur

jdshifflett
Old
Banned
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by miker2431 View Post
I hate reviving dead threads... but a quick explanation which might spur interest. This would be plausible for any American phone that isnt running the T-mobile network. Radio signal runs off the towers, when a cellular company increase cellular tower power they release a patch OTA (most times) or on the web page changing the current radio software to the updated radio software. Sooo I know that tmo has nothing new i checked with a tmo rep today but at&t might be an option worth looking at.

kowalskie
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Radio Hacking to get better bandwith

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylez View Post
I'm not sure about hacking a Radio? I know that there are different Radio's available that allow different reception\battery life\GPS fix, there are a few radio's out for the Dash\Excalibur but not as much choice as many other models mainly due to fact not as many official builds or people porting them from other models.
Hi stylez,

you´ve spoken about some wm 6.5 roms, wich habe different battery life and reception. Could you tell me a rom, with has a better battery-lifetime than the last 3vo-rom (wich is absolutely perfect but has a battery-lifetime of less than one day. )

Thanks

kowalskie