[GUIDE][WP7.8] Update all Nokia Lumia's to WP7.8 (New firmwares in Navifirm!!!)

Search This thread

safariking

Jan 4, 2012
Lelystad
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
windowsphone8logo1.jpg

Hello guys,

I have here a tutorial that will help you to install wp7.8 on your lumia 610.

New Firmwares!!!

Firmware avaible for the following models

Supported 610 models are:

- Nokia lumia 610 (RM-835)
- Nokia lumia 610 (RM-836)

Supported 800 models are:

- Nokia lumia 800 (RM-801)

Supported 900 models are:

- Nokia lumia 900 (RM-823)

Supported 710 models are:

- Nokia lumia 710 (RM-803)
- Nokia lumia 710 (RM-809)

Supported 510 models are:

- Nokia lumia 510 (RM-889)

What you need is:

Nokia care suite:http://www.softpedia.com/get/Mobile-Phone-Tools/Nokia/Nokia-Care-Suite.shtml
Navifirm:http://www.softpedia.com/get/Mobile-Phone-Tools/Nokia/NaviFirm-Plus.shtml

Step 1) Download the Firmware:

- First download Navifirm and extract it to your desktop in a folder named Navifirm
- open Navifirm and choose by server: Nokia care suite
- Now browse for your phone in my Case it is the nokia lumia 610 (RM-835)
- Download the firmware 8858
- Wait for it to finish download can take up to ~10 minutes
- After the download is complete navigate to the Fw folder and stay there!

Step 2) Flashing the firmware:

- Download and install nokia care suite 5.0 from the link in this thread
- Open the Application launcher and from there choose (Product support tool for store 5.0)
- Now connect your nokia lumia 610 to your pc and leave it powered on!
- Go to file and open product type in RM-835 and choose the device
- and then by no connection choose USB1 RM-835 and click on the sync button.
- Now click on the tab programming and choose recovery.
- in the down right corner you see download progress and behind that a green squere click on the arrow behind the green squere and choose ''open data package location''
- The folder should be empty that is good now go to the Navifirm folder and copy all the files inside the Fw folder to the folder from Nokia care suite!
- DO NOT FORGET TO CICK ON UPDATE LIST!
- after you done that click in nokia care suite on the 1066.0000.8858.12470 firmware and click on start your phone will shut down and the screen will stay black.
- Wait for the progress to be done and your phone will have WP7.8!

Good luck and happy flashing!

The Final Results:

Color theme's:

20121218220928.jpg

Boot screen:

20121218220900.jpg

Home screen:

20121218220821.jpg

Last edited:

uNb0rN1

Jun 10, 2012
Orsova
can you explain me what is that RM?i have nokia lumia 610 but i dont know what RM to choose...
edit:i found what is :D

Last edited:

cdzo72

Costa Rica

Hey guys... trying to update a Lumia 610 RM-835 for a friend but we are in Costa Rica.... the variant is an 059P9L5FT13r6C which is not on the list... the closest ones are:

059P9Q5: Nokia 610 RM-835 Country Variant Norway NO Magenta_v3_COLOR
059P9V4: Nokia 610 RM-835 MTEL (MobilTel EAD) BG Black V3
059P9Q6: Nokia 610 RM-835 Telenor Mobil NO NO Magenta v3_COLOR

Could any of these work or should I not try to update?

Thanks for any help

Reactions: tinhlanhuthe

uNb0rN1

Jun 10, 2012
Orsova
i cant update it.i think dont work on windows 8.i run the app,connect phone and pc dont detect it..after i remove usb from phone,reboot...with zune work fine.will be aviable update from zune to 7.8?

uNb0rN1

Jun 10, 2012
Orsova
finally i installed o2 UK and phone is from T-mobilre(without T logo),on O2 have logo when i power on.can you recomand other uk fw for me pls?

bob_man_uk

Mar 14, 2010
Marsaxlokk, Malta
I have a Nokia Lumia 610 that was bought from Carphone Warehouse and was carrier unlocked straight out of the box, the only firmware i can find on navifirm that is remotely close is Tesco_GB does this lock it to tesco or just put tesco branding on the phone? there are other firmwares that say CV_GB_VAR22....whatever, are these for UK (Great Britain) and what effect does it have on the phone?

sorry for all the questions, ive done loads of googling on this and cant find a scrap of info that would help.

Thanks

Rikcon

Jan 4, 2011
Kirovohrad
I have a Nokia Lumia 610 that was bought from Carphone Warehouse and was carrier unlocked straight out of the box, the only firmware i can find on navifirm that is remotely close is Tesco_GB does this lock it to tesco or just put tesco branding on the phone? there are other firmwares that say CV_GB_VAR22....whatever, are these for UK (Great Britain) and what effect does it have on the phone?

sorry for all the questions, ive done loads of googling on this and cant find a scrap of info that would help.

Thanks
Can't find firmware suitable for my product code too.
My Product code is 059P407,in navafirm there is no firmware for such P.C.
Can i flash any other firmware,and i'm curious about will branded firmware simlock my phone too ?
Does Czech Republic firmware contain Russian language?

Last edited:

The420Dank

Apr 13, 2008
Lumia 900 cannot remove a battery for an RM number. I'd want to back my phone up before doing this in case something goes wrong.

SMillerNL

Sep 6, 2011
Amsterdam
Windows 8 WORKS. I just got it to work atleast. After you installed the Care Suite, you need to go to the install location and then the drivers folder. Install all of those and it now turns up in the options screen.

Reactions: tinhlanhuthe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    windowsphone8logo1.jpg

Hello guys,

I have here a tutorial that will help you to install wp7.8 on your lumia 610.

New Firmwares!!!

Firmware avaible for the following models

Supported 610 models are:

- Nokia lumia 610 (RM-835)
    - Nokia lumia 610 (RM-836)

Supported 800 models are:

- Nokia lumia 800 (RM-801)

Supported 900 models are:

- Nokia lumia 900 (RM-823)

Supported 710 models are:

- Nokia lumia 710 (RM-803)
    - Nokia lumia 710 (RM-809)

Supported 510 models are:

- Nokia lumia 510 (RM-889)

What you need is:

Nokia care suite:http://www.softpedia.com/get/Mobile-Phone-Tools/Nokia/Nokia-Care-Suite.shtml
    Navifirm:http://www.softpedia.com/get/Mobile-Phone-Tools/Nokia/NaviFirm-Plus.shtml

Step 1) Download the Firmware:

- First download Navifirm and extract it to your desktop in a folder named Navifirm
    - open Navifirm and choose by server: Nokia care suite
    - Now browse for your phone in my Case it is the nokia lumia 610 (RM-835)
    - Download the firmware 8858
    - Wait for it to finish download can take up to ~10 minutes
    - After the download is complete navigate to the Fw folder and stay there!

Step 2) Flashing the firmware:

- Download and install nokia care suite 5.0 from the link in this thread
    - Open the Application launcher and from there choose (Product support tool for store 5.0)
    - Now connect your nokia lumia 610 to your pc and leave it powered on!
    - Go to file and open product type in RM-835 and choose the device
    - and then by no connection choose USB1 RM-835 and click on the sync button.
    - Now click on the tab programming and choose recovery.
    - in the down right corner you see download progress and behind that a green squere click on the arrow behind the green squere and choose ''open data package location''
    - The folder should be empty that is good now go to the Navifirm folder and copy all the files inside the Fw folder to the folder from Nokia care suite!
    - DO NOT FORGET TO CICK ON UPDATE LIST!
    - after you done that click in nokia care suite on the 1066.0000.8858.12470 firmware and click on start your phone will shut down and the screen will stay black.
    - Wait for the progress to be done and your phone will have WP7.8!

Good luck and happy flashing!

The Final Results:

Color theme's:

20121218220928.jpg

Boot screen:

20121218220900.jpg

Home screen:

20121218220821.jpg
    If you're looking for some answers.... :D

Sooo, I decided to be a brave and adventurous one on this fine day at 7AM and give it a shot in hopes I wouldn't brick my friend's phone. If you're having issues with the earlier "guide" or if you're just looking for some clarifications,I hope this will suffice.

WARNING: I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE TURNS INTO A NUCLEAR BOMB! You choose to follow this guide under your own good will and with the knowledge that something MIGHT go wrong and blow up or brick your phone. You can attempt to flash back the original firmware which I can show you how, but there's no guarantee. So no mobs at my door please D:

First, not sure why you need the NaviFirm as it doesn't seem to sync up with the Products Tool. In addition to this, I couldn't get my Products Tool to open any external firmware files, so if you're having an issue there too, this might help.

I just used the Products Tools provided by OP (its in the Nokia Care Suite). Upon opening it, I had to connect the phone and let it sync up. If you're having problems letting it auto-detect, just click File > Open Product. From here, it should be self explanatory as to which device to click on :silly: After doing so and choosing your phone, click the Programming tab and then click "Recovery".

After this, I made sure to check the "Update automatically" checkbox at the bottom. If you don't do this, then don't blame me if you can't find anything, cause nothing will show up.

Since I couldn't open the option to "Open data package location", I attempted to click the "Find Online..." button in order to find the firmware. You MIGHT need NaviFirm for this (can someone confirm this?) but if anything, it'll only cost you another 10-20 minutes of your life depending on your internet speed.

From here, a dialog box shows up. If you don't see the versions listed, try using the "Open Product" selection under the File menu, as that's how I got mine to show up. From here, it should be the first one, but if not, here's the info you should search on:

Code: 059N0V3
    Variant Name: RM-803 VAR APAC1 IN CV THEME WHITE
    Version: 1600.3036.8858.12460

From what I can tell, the variant name/code doesn't really make much of a difference. So, for most of you who were asking earlier about whether any of the 200 different variants make a difference, apparently not. They all come with English, and at most you'll just have to change the language when it's done flashing. If anything, just use the build I listed above and you should end up with a starting language of UK English :D Testing the phone out, I can see that it is working for the most part, but I'll update if anything goes wrong, and people should report if something goes bad. That way, we can try and figure out the best route of installation.

Once you choose one, click the Download button and let it do it's thing. It'll download and when it's done, you can highlight the particular build and press the "Start" button. From here, it's smooth sailing as it'll do it's thing and then reboot you, hopefully, into a Windows 7.8 build :D

Note that the following was performed on a T-Mobile RM-803 Black, so your mileage and steps may vary depending on phone. :)

....annnndddd, done. :D wasn't too bad now, was it? :) Enjoy Windows 7.8!

Oh, and I almost forgot. The flashing back to the original firmware :)

If the steps from the OP worked for you using external firmware files, then just find the previous version build in NaviFirm and then just download it. From there, just flash it, and if your phone is dead, they advise you use the "No Connection" option under device in Nokia Care. As simple as that. :) (let me know if this is confusing. I can expand it

If it didn't work for you, try to find the closest firmware in the download window closest to your original code. I've checked, and most of them only have the latest firmwares, so you might be stuck :\ if someone can figure out how to get back down using this method, that'd be awesome :D Well, hopefully you won't need it, so good luck!
    I would like to do this but I don't want to lose all my data which I assume that updating this way will do that :( If I could backup through Zune I would be very happy and would revert back in the future.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

You can back up through Zune but can't restore all your data because the OS you'll be running after flashing this method won't sync with the backup you created... I tried all that yesterday and found out the hard way...

So I think the OP should change the title of the thread because this is a FAR CRY from being a guide... its more akin to a collection of useful links

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
    Then look in navifirm by nokia lumia 610 (RM-835)

I'LL say it ONE MORE TIME... in Navifirm there are almost 200 different downloads selections depending on a.secondary device number... so knowing you have an RMXXX is not hardly enough

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
    can you explain me what is that RM?i have nokia lumia 610 but i dont know what RM to choose...
    edit:i found what is :D

Look under your battery