Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Side power button not as responsive.

OP Snowdogg

28th November 2012, 04:34 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Does anyone know what at&t's return period is offhand? I've got the exact same issue with my handset :/

Also, if I'm past that point, does Sammy charge for fixing the button?
28th November 2012, 04:12 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaji

Does anyone know what at&t's return period is offhand? I've got the exact same issue with my handset :/

Also, if I'm past that point, does Sammy charge for fixing the button?

I believe it used to be 30 days for personal accounts, now those terms only apply to corporate accounts. For personal accounts, its now 14 days. From what I understand, this policy covers items bought from a corporate AT&T store, or ordered direct from AT&T. You are allowed to exchange or return at a corporate store, with a possibility of a $35 restocking fee depending on the scenario. Also, you can also send it back to AT&T but you will have to cover shipping. I only suspect if you buy from a re-seller (aka a non-corporate AT&T store but clearly marked 'AT&T') you can exchange or return at a corporate store.

From what I was told by AT&T and a brief conversation with Samsung, the Note II carries a 1 year manufacture's warranty. I don't know the specifics, but assuming there is no abuse or damage of the phone caused by the user, and if the phone does not perform as it should (like mentioned in this thread), Samsung's warranty will cover it with no charge. But realize, unless you have a backup phone, you won't have a phone for 2 weeks! Also, there is a possibility that Samsung may use reconditioned parts, and if they can't fix your phone, you will get a reconditioned model But what if you have insurance? Then there is a deductible. A possibility of a reconditioned phone too?

Oh, what to do?
30th November 2012, 01:59 AM   |  #13  
Flag Atoka
Thanks Meter: 19

142 posts
More
What is return period for premier accounts? Is it also 14 days?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
30th November 2012, 07:55 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 2

9 posts
Mine is the oppsite, it is too sensitive,not very tactile. I hit it accidentally all the time.
22nd December 2012, 02:59 PM   |  #15  
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 124

795 posts
More
my power button just went wonky last night. it used to be somewhat rocky, but it was responsive. now it barely moves. i cant tell if im pressing it or not. it still powers on the phone. but there is no click or comfirming feeling at all. it might as well be capacitive now. about 40 days old.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread