Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 47,897 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel][GB] holoNote Kernel 0.1 (Ghost Touch detection removed)

Tip us?

DAGr8
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6332

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lactardjosh View Post
Same here.
It's not all the time, but it seems like the phone has some sort of accidental touch detection, but only in certain situations and it's not implemented very well. It's been a "feature" of all the ICS leaks that I tried as well.
hmm reading this , here is a hunch , could it have something to do with the wake screen thingy , like you know how it dims before it woudl shut the screen down , cuz everytime I unlock my phone and click anything right away on my phone this doesnt happen .. Ijust tested it liek 20 times in a row but coud be afluke
COME CHAT WITH US

T W I T T E R

King-Kang For The Galaxy Note LTE

The Hybrid for Galaxy Note II & SGH-I717

SAUROM-PROJEKT for I9000

or

hololight
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 171
Going to be a couple days at least before anyone sees anything from me; My 1.5 tb seagate drive is dying. Luckily it is still under warranty so I have to RMA it tonight... paying the extra cash to get it two day shipped though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hololight For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BlownFuze
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1553

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hololight View Post
Going to be a couple days at least before anyone sees anything from me; My 1.5 tb seagate drive is dying. Luckily it is still under warranty so I have to RMA it tonight... paying the extra cash to get it two day shipped though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
Are you still working on an ICS kernel ? Typing fast is a nightmare, with ghost touch detection.

Sent from my phone using xda premium app
Devices

AT&T Samsung Note
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2
AT&T HTC Inspire 4G
T-Mobile HTC G2
T-Mobile HTC HD2

The Following User Says Thank You to BlownFuze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

imranh101
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Tried to install this today and phone wouldn't boot past Samsung logo. Tried both install over fresh and install over booted&used... I'm running the custom rom that is just ICS stock deodexed / zipaligned or whatever from here. reflashed said ROM and it boots fine... Is it simply because this kernel is incompatible with that ROM or am i doing something wrong? Flashed via CWM btw

Teufel Hunden
Old
Thanks Meter 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by imranh101 View Post
Tried to install this today and phone wouldn't boot past Samsung logo. Tried both install over fresh and install over booted&used... I'm running the custom rom that is just ICS stock deodexed / zipaligned or whatever from here. reflashed said ROM and it boots fine... Is it simply because this kernel is incompatible with that ROM or am i doing something wrong? Flashed via CWM btw
Yes, it's because it's a GB(gingerbread) kernel, not ICS

Biggest dog on the block, NOTE!! PAed JB
The Following User Says Thank You to Teufel Hunden For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

imranh101
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel Hunden View Post
Yes, it's because it's a GB(gingerbread) kernel, not ICS

Biggest dog on the block, NOTE!! PAed JB
Ah apparently im blind. Read through the whole post twice and only now noticed it has GB in the title. Thanks lol