Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 42,934 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from Diamondback: Check out the new 3.x Beta version with the all new script system

[IDE][3.4.28.14000] Virtuous Ten Studio - Advanced Reverse Engineering Solution

Tip us?

Dic3ptor
Old
(Last edited by Dic3ptor; 23rd December 2012 at 08:48 PM.)
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1213

DONATE TO ME
Default Hi all

I tried to make a skin with the TUT from VTS HP. But when i push it to devices i can not see it under Skin Chosser menu. i checked all values and steps and it look exactly like that you did on your TUT.

Any ideas?

Another Question: When decompile fusion apk or Matte apk for example i see a lot off .9 png´s but without black lines and dots. How i have to handle those files? When i make a new on and patch them mit the tool from Android SDK i become a .9 png with that black lines on it. But i need them without that black lines?

This is the one i become when i decompile the apk: status_bar_close_on.9

And that is the one i did:status_bar_close_on.9

BTW: Great HP and great tutorials. Thanks for that.

knightwolf123
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2947

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dic3ptor View Post
I tried to make a skin with the TUT from VTS HP. But when i push it to devices i can not see it under Skin Chosser menu. i checked all values and steps and it look exactly like that you did on your TUT.

Any ideas?

One thing to consider is that by default it will push to system/app you'll want to change that to data/app . If you haven't already.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
My Android Family.. M7,Jewel,Shooter,Supersonic,sgs1
The Following User Says Thank You to knightwolf123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dic3ptor
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1213

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightwolf123 View Post
One thing to consider is that by default it will push to system/app you'll want to change that to data/app . If you haven't already.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Okay so i need to push it to Data/app and not to system/app? I pushed it to System/app.

Diamondback
Old
Developer Committee / Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 6289
Quote:

Any ideas?

Another Question: When decompile fusion apk or Matte apk for example i see a lot off .9 png´s but without black lines and dots. How i have to handle those files? When i make a new on and patch them mit the tool from Android SDK i become a .9 png with that black lines on it. But i need them without that black lines?

This is the one i become when i decompile the apk: status_bar_close_on.9

And that is the one i did:status_bar_close_on.9

Quote:
Okay so i need to push it to Data/app and not to system/app? I pushed it to System/app.
That's one point yes, however we don't push to /data, instead you need to use adb install (You can switch from push to install in the project settings)
On a different note, did you actually use the correct versioncode for your device? It's like a fingerprint and if you don't use the right one, your device won't show the skin. The one in the tutorial is NOT universal. You need to decompile one of the skins pre installed on your device and take the code of that one.

Another tip: Logcat is always helpful, even in this case. For example: If you selected the wrong versioncode (fingerprint) by accident, logcat will tell you so.

(I have no idea about those .9 without black borders unfortunately)

Contact the Developer Committee with any questions or concerns regarding
the Recognized Developer program.
Mention my name with @Diamondback in any post to easily get my attention.
Please use BB Codes to format your posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diamondback For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dic3ptor
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1213

DONATE TO ME
Default Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
That's one point yes, however we don't push to /data, instead you need to use adb install (You can switch from push to install in the project settings)
On a different note, did you actually use the correct versioncode for your device? It's like a fingerprint and if you don't use the right one, your device won't show the skin. The one in the tutorial is NOT universal. You need to decompile one of the skins pre installed on your device and take the code of that one.

Another tip: Logcat is always helpful, even in this case. For example: If you selected the wrong versioncode (fingerprint) by accident, logcat will tell you so.

(I have no idea about those .9 without black borders unfortunately)
Thank you for your answer. Yes the versions code is the right one. I will have a look again. If i have Problem i will post logcat too next time.

BTW: Merry Christmas to all.

orkorolev
Old
(Last edited by orkorolev; 25th December 2012 at 05:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 430

DONATE TO ME
Hi all, need some help. After adding transparency file strip_panel_center_btn.png(м10 fusion.apk) and subsequent Assembly, transparency no! i.e. if you re-fusion.apk and look at strip_panel_center_btn.png, transparency no.
http://db.tt/4hfvO0Ni

Diamondback
Old
Thanks Meter 6289
Quote:
Originally Posted by orkorolev View Post
Hi all, need some help. After adding transparency file strip_panel_center_btn.png(м10 fusion.apk) and subsequent Assembly, transparency no! i.e. if you re-fusion.apk and look at strip_panel_center_btn.png, transparency no.
http://db.tt/4hfvO0Ni
If you have questions concerning m10 this thread here is probably better.

Diamondback
Old
Thanks Meter 6289
Okay everyone, please have a look at the changelog, I'd like to highlight a few things and give you a preview of the next version (~January 2013)

1) Support for decoding HTC's jpg files (world's first)

HTC's newer ROMs contain proprietary JPG files. These jpgs actually have transparency (yes jpg & transparency).
You can't edit these jpgs because once you do the transparency is gone and the images are all screwed.

In the next version VTS brings support for these jpgs, they get decompiled to proper png files so you can edit them. Once building the apk VTS automatically transforms the pngs back to jpgs.

Have a look at these comparisions: (left original jpg, right png, the red background is normally transparent, just added it for visibility reasons)

Now you can properly edit these images

2) New "Resource Manager"

I tried to think of something to make it easier to manage public.xml. It can be quite an annoying task to add new entries to this file, so I automated the whole process.

Once you add new entries to any resource file (like strings.xml) the Resource Manager can detect these new entries and automatically add them to public.xml for you.
Of course it selects a proper ID so you don't have to deal with that.
Here is how it looks like:

You can access the Resource Manager via the context menu of an Apk-Project in the solution explorer.

3) Improvements for "batch-adding" projects

Since many of you asked for it, I made some important improvements for "batch-adding" new projects. There are two "main" new features:
  • The "New project window" now saves default values for most settings
  • Improved Drag & Drop support for binaries

If you combine these two you can easily add a lot of similar projects in no time:
  1. Drag & Drop the first apk/jar on VTS and it will open the "New project window"
  2. Adjust all settings to our needs and let VTS finish the import process
  3. Just Drag & Drop another apk/jar on VTS and if you don't need to change any settings, just directly close the "New project window" again via the "OK" button
  4. Since all settings were remembered you can continue to Drag & drop all your apks/jars

4) SplitView support

As detailed earlier, VTS now supports SplitView, so you can place multiple documents next to each other for a better overview.

5) No more Windows XP support

From now on you will need .net 4.5 to run VTS and unfortunately .net 4.5 only exists for Windows Vista or later. So no more Windows XP support.

VERY IMPORTANT: This new version is not ready yet but I expect a release date somewhere in January 2013.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Diamondback For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

memnoc
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4843

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Okay everyone, please have a look at the changelog, I'd like to highlight a few things and give you a preview of the next version (~January 2013)

HTC's newer ROMs contain proprietary JPG files. These jpgs actually have transparency (yes jpg & transparency).
You can't edit these jpgs because once you do the transparency is gone and the images are all screwed.

In the next version VTS brings support for these jpgs, they get decompiled to proper png files so you can edit them. Once building the apk VTS automatically transforms the pngs back to jpgs.

Have a look at these comparisions: (left original jpg, right png, the red background is normally transparent, just added it for visibility reasons)

I tried to think of something to make it easier to manage public.xml. It can be quite an annoying task to add new entries to this file, so I automated the whole process.

Once you add new entries to any resource file (like strings.xml) the Resource Manager can detect these new entries and automatically add them to public.xml for you.

You can access the Resource Manager via the context menu of an Apk-Project in the solution explorer.

Since many of you asked for it, I made some important improvements for "batch-adding" new projects. There are two "main" new features:

If you combine these two you can easily add a lot of similar projects in no time:
  1. Drag & Drop the first apk/jar on VTS and it will open the "New project window"
  3. Just Drag & Drop another apk/jar on VTS and if you don't need to change any settings, just directly close the "New project window" again via the "OK" button
  4. Since all settings were remembered you can continue to Drag & drop all your apks/jars

4) SplitView support

As detailed earlier, VTS now supports SplitView, so you can place multiple documents next to each other for a better overview.

From now on you will need .net 4.5 to run VTS and unfortunately .net 4.5 only exists for Windows Vista or later. So no more Windows XP support.

VERY IMPORTANT: This new version is not ready yet but I expect a release date somewhere in January 2013.
AMAZING

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

Bebida
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 6188

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

4) SplitView support

Amazing! great job and thank you guys

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to Bebida For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
adb, all in one, apk, apk manager, apk multi tool, apktool, dex2jar, draw9patch, dsixda, ide, java, logcat, m10 files, m10 images, m10 tools, resources, sense, sense skins, smali, super powerful, syntax highlighting, theming, visual studio, vts, xml