CM 10.2 for Canadian Optimus G (E973/E971)

Search This thread

massih88

Dec 12, 2012
Ya I used free gee. I couldn't use tw if not or

Sent from my LG-E971 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added 26th December 2012 at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was 25th December 2012 at 11:40 PM ----------

So i downloaded again flashed again and same thing:(( While flashing its says: MD 5 files not found skipping... does that mean something?

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
Ya I used free gee. I couldn't use tw if not or

Sent from my LG-E971 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added 26th December 2012 at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was 25th December 2012 at 11:40 PM ----------

So i downloaded again flashed again and same thing:(( While flashing its says: MD 5 files not found skipping... does that mean something?

It's normal.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda premium

Dec 13, 2011
Amazing

Been following the progress for about a month or so, and recently downloaded it, and I am in love with it!
I only have two issues/questions, is there any ETA on working wifi? As well, a way to disable the soft keys? I tried multiple tools to remove them and I for the life of me cannot remove them, am I just missing something?

Keep up the great work, and only continues my love and passion for the Android platform!!!

Cheers!

boakun

Mar 26, 2010
Vancouver
Chad. Are you aware of any issue with the latest telus ota and freegee. I kept root after the ota and applied freegee , however flashing cm with full wipe results in black screen after lg logo.

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda app-developers app

solomon4400

Apr 16, 2012
CANADA(SOMETIMES I ASK Y?)
This is really great and I'm not sure if this is a known issue but I only get 3g instead of 4g like I did on stock. I still use the same sim card from my Xperia play but I still had 4g connectivity but since I flashed this ROM for the first time last night I only get 3g. Not a big deal to me I probably just need to upgrade to lte sim card. Thanks for the great work and updating during the holidays despite being busy with the fams and all. I can't wait for this forums to be filled with a bunch of goodies!

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
Been following the progress for about a month or so, and recently downloaded it, and I am in love with it!
I only have two issues/questions, is there any ETA on working wifi? As well, a way to disable the soft keys? I tried multiple tools to remove them and I for the life of me cannot remove them, am I just missing something?

Keep up the great work, and only continues my love and passion for the Android platform!!!

Cheers!

We wont give any ETA and if you remove the software button, you will simply have no button.

This is really great and I'm not sure if this is a known issue but I only get 3g instead of 4g like I did on stock. I still use the same sim card from my Xperia play but I still had 4g connectivity but since I flashed this ROM for the first time last night I only get 3g. Not a big deal to me I probably just need to upgrade to lte sim card. Thanks for the great work and updating during the holidays despite being busy with the fams and all. I can't wait for this forums to be filled with a bunch of goodies!

I do not count this has a problem since we are at least 2, in different region with no problem on 3G/HSPA+/LTE

Please all keep in mind that this is christmas holliday and that we might not be pushing things fast.

Reactions: Sketchy_Whiskers

panoulil

Aug 15, 2011

I suspect stock was showing 4G for H+. Some stock roms show LTE for true 4G. If stock rom didn't show LTE you weren't actually getting 4G. You absolutely need an LTE sim card to get LTE/4G on your phone.

solomon4400

Apr 16, 2012
CANADA(SOMETIMES I ASK Y?)
I suspect stock was showing 4G for H+. Some stock roms show LTE for true 4G. If stock rom didn't show LTE you weren't actually getting 4G. You absolutely need an LTE sim card to get LTE/4G on your phone.

Thanks guys for reply but I know I need that sim card as required for lte/4g but its just stock ROM was showing me 4g didn't know that it plays games with me lime that lol.

My next issue is audio when in call for both earpiece and speaker phone is way too low. Is there any way to boost those volumes or is this a bug that needs attention? But Chad please take your time and enjoy you guys holidays we are great full for the holiday update.

MattyMatt8

Oct 8, 2012
Cannot wait for this to come to fruition. I am so sick of these LG apps. Wish there was a way to remove them. I like the phone, but why do developers and providers always load so much crap onto these devices? Is freezing worth the donate version of titanium? I dont really understand what it does.

metal_god69

Nov 26, 2011
Regina
Cannot wait for this to come to fruition. I am so sick of these LG apps. Wish there was a way to remove them. I like the phone, but why do developers and providers always load so much crap onto these devices? Is freezing worth the donate version of titanium? I dont really understand what it does.

If you are rooted and unlocked with FreeGee, Titanium works wonders with freezing/uninstalling LG bloatware apps. I am stock E973 and have successfully uninstalled the following with Titanium

-Facebook
-Finance
-News
-SmartShare
-Twitter
-Weather
-Media Home
-Music.3.1.007
-Music.3.0.33
-MusicFX
-Video Editor
-Video Wiz

The bloatware removal is still ongoing for me as I am mainly focusing on the APPS installed that I will never use, or prefer stock Google versions. I would be cautious of messing around with unknown LG stuff as it may cause issues with features of the phone. As long as you are constantly backing up and have something to revert back to if you remove something you shouldn't have.

Last edited:

MattyMatt8

Oct 8, 2012
Only rooted, didnt use FreeGee. I tried a few and it said it couldnt find an APK, so I just moved on. Now that I have seen your list, I at least know that it is possible to remove some. My biggest problem right now is that the phone does not remember WiFi hotspots. I did update, but Im not ure what that even accomplished. Ever since having Slim on my Galaxy S, I am finding it hard to use something else... Maybe I should have gotten the Nexus after all, but I really wanted LTE :(

Last edited:

thracky

Apr 23, 2008
Mississauga
Only rooted, didnt use FreeGee. I tried a few and it said it couldnt find an APK, so I just moved on. Now that I have seen your list, I at least know that it is possible to remove some. My biggest problem right now is that the phone does not remember WiFi hotspots. I did update, but Im not ure what that even accomplished. Ever since having Slim on my Galaxy S, I am finding it hard to use something else... Maybe I should have gotten the Nexus after all, but I really wanted LTE :(

If you guys could please keep the discussion here specific to the rom Chad and myself would appreciate it.

MattyMatt8

Oct 8, 2012
Sorry devs. Just cannot wait for this. Phone is nice, but I hate even the idea of having the bloat on there.

panoulil

Aug 15, 2011
Sorry devs. Just cannot wait for this. Phone is nice, but I hate even the idea of having the bloat on there.

If you can live without Wifi and nfc this is suitable as a daily driver, IMO. I've been using it since the December 13th build and it works great. Intermittent connections issues aside it really is great. Give it try, you can always refer back if you don't like it.

panoulil

Aug 15, 2011
Chad,

I see you are now making nightlies available for testing. Is there a changelog available for these new builds? The last commit I see is December 21st, does that mean these nightlies simply have the latest changes to CM and nothing from you guys yet?

Thanks again for everything.

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
Chad,

I see you are now making nightlies available for testing. Is there a changelog available for these new builds? The last commit I see is December 21st, does that mean these nightlies simply have the latest changes to CM and nothing from you guys yet?

Thanks again for everything.

I aint providing changelog for these rom beside they always have the newest cm things merged. Beside that, it's mainly testing. And those are not nightlies.

Reactions: panoulil

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, This is a continuation of the CM 10.1 nightlies thread. Things has been moving on and we are now at CM 10.2. I have been working with xboxfanj, houstonn and bbelos to bring you this. Again, this is based on mako with adapted change for optimus G. This time we are even more in sync with CAF (Code Aurora Forum).

What is working
    Everything.

What is not working

You tell me.

Here are the repo needed for our devices :

https://github.com/TeamPlaceHolder

Of course, you have to be rooted, to have bootloader unlocked and a working recovery to flash this custom rom.

DO NOT FLASH NEXUS 4 KENEL MADE BY 3rd PARTY. THIS WILL MOSTLY PERMA BRICK YOUR DEVICE.

This is simply because people tend to use partition number and not by-name and our partition is different than nexus 4 ones. i.e. The rpm partition on our phone is the boot partition on nexus 4. So flashing a custom kernel will flash a boot.img in your rpm partition and then you are bricked. You have been warned.

Like usually, i can't be hold responsible if you damage your phone during any of the process described in this thread.

Thracky and houstonn who also works with me on this.

xplodwild
    codeworkx
    IOMonster
    sk8erwitskil
    faux123
    dvhexer
    Cyanogenmod Team

and a special thanks to shelnutt2 who shown me how to fix 3G
    and juggie who found out the good file to change to get wifi working
    Download

All the downloads will go here :

ribs.bbqdroid.org

Use geeb package

Gapps package :

http://goo.im/gapps

Modem :

There is a newer modem now available (From JB update. Houstonn and I extracted each of them and made flashable so you don't need to do the painful process of kdz only to get a new baseband)

MAKE SURE TO NOT FLASH KOREAN MODEM.

http://downloads.codefi.re/houstonn/lgog/modem
    How to intall that rom ?

This require you to have TWRP or CWM already installed on your device. I recommand the former. On our device, this mainly mean you have rooted your phone and unlocked the bootloader.

Apparently, it seems these instruction where not clear enough. So I'll try to make them dumbproof. If you are not following these instruction and it doesnt work, dont expect support. It's like buying a cake mix where you only need to add milk and call the company saying their product is bull****, you added water and only got a brick. To add to this metaphor, Asking if it's because you used CWM instead of twrp or reverse is like saying : Did it didnt work because i used a fork instead of a whip to mix it ?

To flash this rom, you have to be on older Bootloader. You can alternatively flash the bootloader i linked in this thread. Read the post carefully before you flash.

1. Download file in the download section.
    2. Put the rom AND the gapps on your internal SDCard.
    3. Reboot into recovery.
    4. Flash CM rom.
    5. Flash Gapps package.
    6. DO A FACTORY RESET (EMPHASIS HERE)
    7. reboot into system
    There is a new build up. It has fixed bluetooth and has latest cm changes.

Is there ANY WAY you can add to this the changes in faux123's Nexus 4 kernel (see here http://rootzwiki.com/topic/36722-kernellinux-340-makojbuvoctuncifsv001-nov-30/#entry1032460) to reduce the horrible msm_hsic_host wakelock battery drain?

You sir, deserve a punch in the face. Come on. We are not at optimizing things. I'm still trying to figure out what is working or not. This is really stupid.

Note to all other user : I WILL NOT ACCEPT FEATURE BEFORE EVERY PROBLEMS HAVE BEEN SOLVED.

on a related note to your question, if you would have read carefully, you would have seen that i already use faux123 kernel . . .
    Anyway, this is not going to be the case soon.