CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can no longer connect to 5ghz wifi

OP geiswiz

29th April 2012, 03:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

62 posts
I used to be able to connect to my 5ghz wifi network without a problem. It stopped working recently when I flashed one of the CM9 ROMs. I thought it had something to do with the ROM but it was working on earlier CM9 builds. I flashed back to Task650's v14.1 ROM where it used to work fine but I still can't connect. It sees the network but when I click connect it doesn't do anything. I haven't made any changes on my router and I can connect to my 2.4ghz network fine. I have a Linksys E3200 router with the 5ghz network setup on channel 36, 40mhz channel width and WPA2 personal security. I've tried changing all the settings on the router but i still can't connect. I did Odin back to stock last week because I was getting a lot of reboots on the CM9 ROM I was running. After that I flashed CWM and then flashed the latest CM9 ROM. It seems like the trouble connecting to my 5ghz network started around that same time.

Does anyone have any idea what problem could be? I have a 7510 32gb Tab.

Thanks.
10th May 2012, 03:15 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

62 posts
Does anyone have this issue? I Odin'd back to stock 3.1 and I still couldn't connect to my 5ghz network. When I click on the network it doesn't do anything. I found this issue with the galaxy nexus connecting to 5ghz wifi - http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=22474. A lot of the posts on there describe the exact same problem I am having. I used to be able to connect fine then it stopped working. It was working fine on the stock ROM, all of Task650's ROMs and all the CM9 KAMGs. I was flashing a lot of the CM9 ROMs during the time it stopped working. It could be a hardware issue, but the fact that it sees the network fine makes me think it's not. I recently upgraded the firmware on my router and did a factory reset on it but that didn't help.
16th May 2012, 06:38 PM   |  #3  
Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 354

1,247 posts
More
I have this same problem on my Galaxy Nexus. Put your phone really close to your router (a few inches) and I bet it will connect on the 5GHz band.

If it connects at really close range then you know the hardware is damaged... my guess is samsung has some kind of serious design flaw in their phones for this to be happening to so many people on different models of their phones.
28th May 2012, 08:26 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

5 posts
5GHz bug?
I recently discovered that my Tab 10.1 works with low channels (eg 36) but not high channels (eg 149). I was surprised to find quite a number of postings about the same issue. Is there a firmware issue or is it a bad RF chip? It seems Samsung has a problem...
23rd December 2012, 10:26 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

31 posts
If anyone is still having this problem I found something that worked for me. The info below is copied from this issue http://code.google.com/p/android/iss...il?id=40999#c4

"...only channels 36, 40, 44 and 48 work for 5GHz on the Galaxy Nexus. (My AP was on auto and blasting on # 149).
I manually set it to 48 and presto I was connected."
27th December 2012, 09:25 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,569

1,924 posts
Donate to Me
More
There's an error in the configuration file- /system/etc/wifi/nvram_net.txt
Take a look at the thread here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1866908
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread