[Emulator][Root] BlueStacks 0.7.7.813

Search This thread

bcwebb73

Dec 24, 2012
The new root is awesome! I only have 1 question. When I root it, it shows my default GPS location as 0 deg long & 0 deg Lat (Gulf of Guinea off west coast of Africa). How can I change the default GPS location to my location? I have tried all sorts of things.

1. I modified the gps.conf file w/ no success

2. I mocked locations, but apps still see my location as Gulf of Guinea

3. I tried using wireless networks only and GPS only, but no success.

Is there a file to modify where when I open this rooted version of bluestacks, it will show my GPS location as my location?

TalynOne

Jun 25, 2007
First download that files mediafire.com/?3q5jhkwy1jvn1et
(Win key + R)
"%Program Files%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX86)
"%Program Files(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX64)
Copy files from this package to ""WINDOWS_DRIVE""\ProgramData\BlueStacks\...
Remember that "ProgramData" folder is hidden
(Win key + R)
"%Program Files%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX86)
"%Program Files(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX64)
If you have strange resolution import this to registry mediafire.com/?4e2lr5ddha6skd7
(this tweak change it to 1280x720)

Thanks for the package. As a suggestion I recommend removing the bluestacksrooted@gmail.com account. Since there's no reset factory defaults in Bluestacks I did the following to remove the unusable account (restart Bluestacks after entering these commands).

Open up Terminal App and enter the following commands:

• su
  • cd /data/system/
  • rm accounts.db

Also you should probably set the "Automatic Response" option in the SuperUser app to Prompt instead of Allow for a more secure setup.

Last edited:
Reactions: ateam_7

TalynOne

Jun 25, 2007
The new root is awesome! I only have 1 question. When I root it, it shows my default GPS location as 0 deg long & 0 deg Lat (Gulf of Guinea off west coast of Africa). How can I change the default GPS location to my location? I have tried all sorts of things.

1. I modified the gps.conf file w/ no success

2. I mocked locations, but apps still see my location as Gulf of Guinea

3. I tried using wireless networks only and GPS only, but no success.

Is there a file to modify where when I open this rooted version of bluestacks, it will show my GPS location as my location?

The following app worked fine for me:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lexa.fakegps

Febby

May 19, 2010
Does anyone know if it's possible to simply just back up my user install applications via a folder in windows? so i can uninstall bluestacks completely, reinstall, and drag the said folder/file and get my applications back? Probably a blank shot but worth asking since I'm trying to do free offers for a game for free credits but it involves tapjoy which requires a full uninstall to register a new person lol.

bcwebb73

Dec 24, 2012
The following app worked fine for me:

Fake GPS App

That app does work to move my gps location on the map, but for an app I use, purchasing credits is based on location and it still thinks I am in Gulf of Guinea and says that purchases are not allowed from my current country/location. Is there a way to modify the default settings so that it shows me where I would like to be without mocking or anything?

Poisadon

Dec 25, 2012
Thanks for the package. As a suggestion I recommend removing the bluestacksrooted@gmail.com account. Since there's no reset factory defaults in Bluestacks I did the following to remove the unusable account (restart Bluestacks after entering these commands).

• su
  • cd /data/system/
  • rm accounts.db

Also you should probably set the "Automatic Response" option in the SuperUser app to Prompt instead of Allow for a more secure setup.

i remove unusable "bluestacksrooted@gmail.com" put my account, open terminal app and enter the commands at the last one "rm accounts.db" dont do anything, why ?? simple say on the root "app_34@gt-n7000:/data/system #"

i want to use "Freedom", i enter the app, get permissions but dont do nothing at the BlueStacks 0.7.2.751 it seems to work

Last edited:

Febby

May 19, 2010
I wanted to know if someone with experience could help me with step "H- EDITING INITRD.IMG"

I edited my Root.fs successfully and it shows the superuser.apk and everything else under /system/app when I look via File explorer but obviously not installed I assume because I can't seem to edit the INITRD.IMG properly for my older version. The one I tried editing would cause bluestacks to crash after trying to boot. I put back the original non modified INITRD.IMG file it booted properly; so it leads me to believe I'm not doing it right.

If someone can please take the time to switch the RO TO RW line for me I'd greatly appreciate it a lot. :)

Download link for my INITRD.IMG below:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12072262/initrd.img

Reactions: tieubaubau

FalcionX

Dec 14, 2012
I wanted to know if someone with experience could help me with step "H- EDITING INITRD.IMG"

I edited my Root.fs successfully and it shows the superuser.apk and everything else under /system/app when I look via File explorer but obviously not installed I assume because I can't seem to edit the INITRD.IMG properly for my older version. The one I tried editing would cause bluestacks to crash after trying to boot. I put back the original non modified INITRD.IMG file it booted properly; so it leads me to believe I'm not doing it right.

If someone can please take the time to switch the RO TO RW line for me I'd greatly appreciate it a lot. :)

Download link for my INITRD.IMG below:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12072262/initrd.img

Your INITRD.IMG with Read/Write

Attachments

• initrd.img
    1.3 MB · Views: 338
Reactions: Febby

perry59

Jun 13, 2011
oregon
Portable Ubuntu

I am an android noob, but would like to try my hand at rooting my bluestacks (manual method), sounds like fun.
One thing that is temporarily holding me back is that "Portable Ubuntu Remix" only works on 32-bit systems (might want to mention this in the tutorial). I suppose I could make a full blown ubuntu install on a thumb drive and boot off that but the ubuntu window running under windows sounds pretty nice.
Does anyone know of a portable 'nix that will run under win 7 64? I found this site "downeu.net/p/Portable+Ubuntu+For+Windows+7" but have not tried it yet. Has anyone had experience with this software?
Thanks

(I pulled the http and 3 w's from the address above so I could post it)

Last edited:

Febby

May 19, 2010
Your INITRD.IMG with Read/Write

Thank you very much! that one worked like a beauty to boot up! =)

Edit: Had to mount the system.img and then set permissions for the apks I dragged to the /system/app folder but all worked great after that. Got my google play and framework working on the old 0.7.3 version. :D

Last edited:

FalcionX

Dec 14, 2012
I am an android noob, but would like to try my hand at rooting my bluestacks (manual method), sounds like fun.
One thing that is temporarily holding me back is that "Portable Ubuntu Remix" only works on 32-bit systems (might want to mention this in the tutorial). I suppose I could make a full blown ubuntu install on a thumb drive and boot off that but the ubuntu window running under windows sounds pretty nice.
Does anyone know of a portable 'nix that will run under win 7 64? I found this site "downeu.net/p/Portable+Ubuntu+For+Windows+7" but have not tried it yet. Has anyone had experience with this software?
Thanks

(I pulled the http and 3 w's from the address above so I could post it)

Portable ubuntu doesent work on WIN 7x64 better option for you is to download any Virtual Machine software and run ubuntu on it ... or any other distribution

Oracle Virtual Box : (Best free Virtual Machine)
Virtual Box Download Page

Xubuntu : (Ubuntu with lighter interface download 32bit even if you have 64bit support)
Xubuntu Download Page

if you want share files with virtual machine install
PHOTO

then use command:
mount -t vboxsf "YOUR_NAME_OF_SHARED FOLDER" "MOUNT_POINT"

rocketero

Jan 1, 2012
Portable ubuntu doesent work on WIN 7x64 better option for you is to download any Virtual Machine software and run ubuntu on it ... or any other distribution

Oracle Virtual Box : (Best free Virtual Machine)
Virtual Box Download Page

Xubuntu : (Ubuntu with lighter interface download 32bit even if you have 64bit support)
Xubuntu Download Page

if you want share files with virtual machine install
PHOTO

then use command:
mount -t vboxsf "YOUR_NAME_OF_SHARED FOLDER" "MOUNT_POINT"

I don't see how that 'portable ubuntu 4 windows 7' would run in x64, as it says: x86 http://www.downeu.net/software/143782-portable-ubuntu-for-windows.html .. and by the way, I hate those links that are multiple parts of a RAR, if you have one bad part the whole enchilada is not good.

perry59

Jun 13, 2011
oregon
"Portable Ubuntu Remix"

Yeah, I could us virtualBox. I've run other OS's on it before but was not real thrilled with it. The "Portable Ubuntu Remix" sounded like such a nice, easy, elegant solution. I did dig up an old laptop that is 32-bit, tried "Portable Ubuntu Remix" on it and it failed. Something about a "CGYN" dll or something. So much for linux, no wonder its so main stream. I'm gonna make a bootable USB drive and install ubuntu on that and see if I can boot the laptop with it and run it from the USB without installing on the laptop. If that does not work then I guess I'll have to run a VM.
So no one has tried the portable at "downeu.net/p/Portable+Ubuntu+For+Windows+7" ?
would be nice if there were a reliable, portable version...

Dingo_HR

Nov 14, 2007
Zagreb

• su
  • cd /data/system/
  • rm accounts.db

Did not worked for me still old account here, how to enter my account?

SOLVED : Forgot to restart.
;)

Last edited:

Dingo_HR

Nov 14, 2007
Zagreb
Why I get from time to time google talk authentication failed ???

I do not have talk app installed on bluestack for now.

Market authentication works, what is the problem ?

yass

Aug 14, 2005
[Root] BlueStacks 0.7.8.829

Hi,

Ive got a couple of questions, dont know if others have had the same issue. My system is running a MS Windows 9 Pro x64 on a laptop, Ive managed to boot up a rooted Root.fs using the OPs guide, and can see that Superuse.apk has been installed, but for some reason theres no icon to use etc. Furthermore I cant seem to download a Root Explorer application either or any app that I _want_ to download, it gives me a 'connectivity error' 'no app found, check your network connection' so I cant download a Launcher either. Anyone know the cause of this issue and how to fix it? I can download the frontpage games with no issue :/ but not the searched apps I want to download...

Note: I also have VMware installed for other virtualization machines, will try to uninstall that to see if its the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help and info.

regards
yass

ApokrifX

May 23, 2011
Guys,
I use C:\android-sdk-windows\tools\monitor.bat but cannot browse into /data folder.
Obviously, there are some other tools out there, but I’d really prefer use adbd.

Question about Root.fs image:
ls -l /sbin/adbd
-rwxr-x--- root root 205991 2013-01-01 01:57 adbd

Tried to
chmod 06750 /sbin/adbd
Unable to chmod /sbin/adbd: Read-only file system

mount
rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0

I guess, I’d need to unpack Root.fs change permissions and pack it back. :crying:
I hope there is an easier way around...

Added
Oops... It has nothing to do with permissions, boot image default.prop need to be modded:
#
# ADDITIONAL_DEFAULT_PROPERTIES
#
ro.secure=0
ro.allow.mock.location=1
ro.debuggable=1

More details in this thread, starting from post:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36281200#post36281200

Last edited:

perry59

Jun 13, 2011
oregon
I have considerable computer experience (windows), but almost zero Linux experience so please forgive me
if this question seems elementary. I wish to root bluestacks manually so that I do not need to rely on
very specific files or pre-modded files. That being said, this thread has been educational. Unfortunately
it is also HUGE and so some variations and discrepancies have crept in. I'm trying to compile my own
"sure fire" guide for manually rooting BS. To do so I am shamelessly plagerizing info from here (but not
without THANKS to all you hard working linux guru's who made this possible!) I have been focusing mostly
on this thread but there is something there which I find confusing, that is the process of copying Superuser,
su and busybox into BS. I am seeing two completely different sections of code which to the uninitiated
appear to be doing the same thing but by different methods.
The first method, using a linux terminal, is short and sweet.
This is how it reads...

B-II- SECOND ROOTING METHOD (Custom made rooted /system)
# Copy MOD "Superuser" & extracted "su" binary, busybox files (which you already did in step 7)
cp /media/cofs2/pubuntu/Superuser.apk /b/system_img/app
cp /media/cofs2/pubuntu/su /b/system_img/bin
cp /media/cofs2/pubuntu/su /b/system_img/xbin
cp /media/cofs2/pubuntu/busybox /b/system_img/xbin
chmod 6755 /b/system_img/bin/su
chmod 6755 /b/system_img/xbin/su
The second method is using ADB to connect to BS and inject the files into it.
It reads as follows...

G- COPY FILES TO /SYSTEM via ADB modified from codelover's commands (take a look on his POST)
You should have "su" with root permission.
a) To replace old "superuser.apk" with new file

1- Download "CodeLover_SU.rar" (superuserX86-3.2RC3) from HERE -> extract it into "C:\pubuntu" OR
use your own MOD file from step F- MOD LATEST "SUPERUSER.APK", EXTRACTED "SU" BINARY, BUSYBOX FILES
2- Run "Add_Open_Command_Window_Here_as_Administrator.reg " from "C:\pubuntu" folder
3- Write commands
Code:
adb connect 127.0.0.1:5555
adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "rm /*uperuser.apk"
adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 uninstall com.noshufou.android.su
adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 install *uperuser.apk

b)Replace old "su" binary file with new file
1- Download "CodeLover_SU.rar" (suX86-3.2RC3) from HERE -> extract it into "C:\pubuntu" OR
use your own Extracted file from step F- MOD LATEST "SUPERUSER.APK", EXTRACTED "SU" BINARY, BUSYBOX FILES
2- Run "Add_Open_Command_Window_Here_as_Administrator.reg " from "C:\pubuntu" folder
3- Write commands
Code:
adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 push su.86 /sdcard/
adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "cp /sdcard/su.86 /system/xbin/"
adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su.86"
adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su.86"
adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "mv /system/xbin/su.86 /system/xbin/su"
adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c whoami # if you got "Root"
adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "cp /system/xbin/su /system/bin/su"

c)Replace old "busybox" file with new file
1- Download latest version of "busybox-i686" from HERE to "C:\pubuntu" and rename the downloaded files
into "busybox" OR use one you already download it in step F- MOD LATEST "SUPERUSER.APK", EXTRACTED "SU" BINARY, BUSYBOX FILES
3- Write commands
Code:
adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 push busybox /sdcard/
adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "cp /sdcard/busybox /system/xbin/busybox-i686"
adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "chown 0.2000 /system/xbin/busybox-i686"
adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "chmod 0755 /system/xbin/busybox-i686"
adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "mv /system/xbin/busybox-i686 /system/xbin/busybox"
adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell busybox
My question is, do not these two sections sections of code (in part B-II and part G) do the same thing?
I do notice that the first piece of code seems to do nothing in terms of file permissions.
Also, in the second code section (G) it is copying busybox into the sdcard, why? busybox was made part of superuser.apk
in the previous code section (B-II).
Is it necessary to do ALL of the above? If so, could someone briefly explain why?
Thanks for your patience!

Last edited:

codelover

Oct 11, 2012
The Land Below The Wind
My question is, do not these two sections sections of code (in part B-II and part G) do the same thing?
I do notice that the first piece of code seems to do nothing in terms of file permissions.
Also, in the second code section (G) it is copying busybox into the sdcard, why? busybox was made part of superuser.apk
in the previous code section (B-II).
Is it necessary to do ALL of the above? If so, could someone briefly explain why?
Thanks for your patience!

Technically they are doing the same thing.

Section B-II is required if you are going to DIY to root your BS, note that you DO NOT have root access on BS until you replace the dummy 'su' provided by BS.
Section G more to an optional upgrade procedure to replace your binaries & apps with the latest one.

You will not be able run section G if you do not have a working 'su'.
You will have to copy busybox into the sdcard first because you cannot push file to system directly thru adb unless your adbd is running as root.
Busybox was made part of superuser.apk because the fact is that busybox comes with the app itself, required for some of it's functionality, but for some reason the one comes with the app might not work on all BS setup, so replacing with one that works on BS just make the app a little bit more complete, but optional too.

To answer your question, NO, you do not have to run ALL those commands, some are really optional.

Reactions: perry59

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm here give full guide for what I was learned from merrickville, codelover, and rocketero so all credits go to all of them either by direct guide and correction or by understanding their modified files. (is it OK codelover :good:)

To whom who don't know BlueStacks (as me before a week), it's emulated android system to works under windows system. for more info go to company page

A- REMOVE BLUESTACKS
    Good tool from "Microsoft Fix it to install/uninstall Programs" thanx Ba7rani123

1- Run command (Win Key + R) -> "%programfiles%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX86) "%programfiles(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX64)
    2- Open "task manager" by run command "taskmgr" -> "Processes" tab -> "HD-LogRotatorService.exe" -> right click -> "End Process Tree"
    3- Open "programs and features" by run command "appwiz.cpl" -> uninstall "BlueStacks App Player" & "Notifications Center"
    4- Delete all BS folders
    "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\BlueStacksSetup"
    "%programfiles%\BlueStacks" (WinX86), "%programfiles(x86)%\BlueStacks" (WinX64),
    "%programdata%\BlueStacks"
    "%programdata%\BlueStacksSetup"
    Setup from Desktop
    "%windir%\Installer" -> "View" -> "Details" -> right click on column header (i.e "Name", "Date Modified", "Type") -> "Authors" -> click over column header of "Authors" to sort files according authors -> search for "BlueStacks" and delete.
    Note: "%ProgramData%\BlueStacks\Logs\Hypervisor.log" will persist to delete, we will delete it later after restart
    5- Download RegScanner v1.95
    Install -> open it -> Registry Scan Options (it will open automatic) -> select all keys in option Scan the following base key -> write on Find String "BlueStacks" -> wait till search finish -> select all and delete -> Resisted keys can be deleted manually by open in Regedit (F8)
    I can't support this application because I have Windows 7 Manager, with perfect Registry Tools 1.1, it backup & delete all keys automatic
    6- Repeat step (5) by searching for "Notification Center"
    7- Reboot your devive now.
    8- Now you can remove %ProgramData%\BlueStacks\Logs\Hypervisor.log

B- ROOTING BLUESTACKS
    B-I- FIRST ROOTING METHOD (Ready made rooted /system)
    Download rooted "Root.fs" and modified "initrd.img" for BlueStacks 0.7.7.813:
    1- Download "BlueStacks-ThinInstaller_0.7.7.813.exe", "Root_Mod.rar" and "initrd_Mod.rar" from HERE
    2- Setup BlueStacks 0.7.7.813 by file "BlueStacks-ThinInstaller_0.7.7.813.exe"
    3- After setup finish installing, and BS open, close it (even before click "Got it") then run command (Win key + R) "%ProgramFiles%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX86), "%programfiles(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX64).
    4- Extract "Root_Mod.rar" and "initrd.rar" into same folder "%programdata%\BlueStacks\Android" (P.S no need to make backup because it's already packed in zip file on "%programdata%\BlueStacksSetup\[xxxxxxxx].zip"
    5- Open run command "%programfiles%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX86), "%programfiles(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX64)
    Now your BlueStacks have root permission (Thanks CodeLover) and google apps (already supported).
    OR
    Download rocketero's rooted Root.fs & initrd.img from the 3rd post , thanks rocketero

B-II- SECOND ROOTING METHOD (Custom made rooted /system)
    Rooting your "Root.fs" by your self, this method allow you root any versions of BlueStacks. it need to download "Portable Ubuntu Remix", [INFO: it's a portable Linux Ubuntu 10.4 LTS emulator that works under windows environment. for more information see PROJECT.
    1- Download "Portable Ubuntu Remix" from HERE
    2- Download "BlueStacks" from HERE
    3- Run "Portable Ubuntu Remix" and change the path to "%programfiles%\" (WinX86) "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\" (WinX64)
    4- Setup "BlueStacks" until it open -> close it.
    5- Open run command (win key + R) "%ProgramFiles%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX86), "%programfiles(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX64).
    6- Make RAR backup of your original "%programdata%\BlueStacks\Android\Data.sparsefs" in case of any errors may happen later.
    7- Follow steps of F- MOD LATEST "SUPERUSER.APK", EXTRACTED "SU" BINARY, BUSYBOX FILES .
    8- Follow steps of H- EDITING INITRD.IMG and place it in "%ProgramData%\BlueStacks\Android" (P.S: don't worry about original "initrd.img" because it is packed in zip file @ "%ProgramData%\BlueStacksSetup\[xxxxxxx].zip".
    9- Open run command "%programfiles%\Portable_Ubuntu_V4_slim2\pubuntu.exe" (WinX86), "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Portable_Ubuntu_V4_slim2\pubuntu.exe" (WinX64) and wait till it fully loaded (i.e top toolbar).
    10- From the top toolbar select Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal.
    11- Write the following commands (P.S: # means a note for you, it's not a command):
    Code:
    # Take a root permission
    sudo su
    # It will ask you for a root password: 123456

# Create a working folders
    mkdir /b
    mkdir /b/root
    mkdir /b/system_sfs
    mkdir /b/system_img

# Resize Root.fs to 500 MB
    e2fsck -f -y "/media/cofs2/ProgramData/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs"
    resize2fs -f "/media/cofs2/ProgramData/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs" 500M

# Mount root.fs to root folder
    mount -o loop "/media/cofs2/ProgramData/BlueStacks/Android/Root.fs" /b/root

# Mount system.sfs to system_sfs folder
    mount -o loop /b/root/android/system.sfs /b/system_sfs

# Extract system.img to /b folder
    cp /b/system_sfs/system.img /b/root/android

# Resize system.img
    e2fsck -f -y /b/root/android/system.img
    resize2fs -f /b/root/android/system.img 480M 

# Unmount system_sfs and delete it (make sure the command not unmount)
    umount /b/system_sfs
    rm /b/root/android/system.sfs
    rmdir /b/system_sfs

# Mount system.img into system_img
    mount -o loop /b/root/android/system.img /b/system_img

# Copy MOD "Superuser" & extracted "su" binary, busybox files (which you already did in step 7)
    cp "/media/cofs2/pubuntu/Superuser.apk" /b/system_img/app
    cp "/media/cofs2/pubuntu/su" /b/system_img/bin
    cp "/media/cofs2/pubuntu/su" /b/system_img/xbin
    cp "/media/cofs2/pubuntu/busybox" /b/system_img/xbin
    chmod 6755 /b/system_img/bin/su
    chmod 6755 /b/system_img/xbin/su

# Un mount system_img & delete folder
    umount /b/system_img
    rmdir /b/system_img

# Set Permission for system.img
    chown 0:2000 /b/root/android/system.img
    chmod 0644 /b/root/android/system.img

# Unmount root and save changes into root.fs
    umount /b/root
    rmdir /b/root
    rmdir /b
    12- Close Terminal and shut down Portable Ubuntu from system menu at top toolbar -> Shut Down
    13- Open run command "%programfiles%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX86), "%Programfiles(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX64)
    14- After BlueStacks run, download custom launcher (like Go Launcher HD for Pad, Apex).
    15- Now your BlueStacks have root permission.
    16- Make RAR backup of your "Root.fs" and "initrd.img".

C- BLUESTACKS INSTALLING TROUBLESHOOTS
    1- If you have msgbox telling you of missing img, rerun the setup

2- If you the setup just start and finish very soon
    See section A- REMOVE BLUESTACKS @ the top

D- ROOTING TROUBLESHOOTS
    You have to reset BS files:
    a) If you follow B-I- FIRST ROOTING METHOD:
    1- Download "Root_MOD.rar", "initrd_MOD.rar" and "Data_Org.rar" from HERE
    2- Extract them on "%programdata%\BlueStacks\Android"
    b) If you follow B-II SECOND ROOTING METHOD:
    1- If you already have previous root and made backup of your rooted "Root.fs" & edited "initrd.img" & stock "Data.sparsefs" -> just extract all back to "%programdata%\BlueStacks\Android"
    2- If you don't have backup -> either extract them from "%programdata%\BlueStacksSetup\[xxxxxx].zip" and start from scrach, or follow above (a) steps of B-I- FIRST ROOTING METHOD.

E- BACKUP/RESTORE BLUESTACKS by Codelover via bat executable commands see HIS POST

F- MOD LATEST "SUPERUSER.APK", EXTRACTED "SU" BINARY, BUSYBOX FILES I got it from codelover's MOD superuser4BS.apk
    1- Download last version of Superuser for x86 from HERE
    2- Download 7-Zip & install it from HERE (if you didn't have it)
    3- Download latest version of "busybox-i686" from HERE to "C:\pubuntu" (take attention it should be small letter) and rename the downloaded file into "busybox"
    4- Extract "\system\bin\su" to "C:\pubuntu" we need it to copy it to "/system/bin" & "/system/xbin"
    5- Extract "\system\app\Superuser.apk" to "C:\pubuntu"
    6- Close 7-zip
    7- Open "Superuser.apk" via "7-zip" -> extract "assets\sutools-x86" -> rename it into "sutools-armeabi" -> drag it back in 7-zip to replace existed "sutools-armeabi".
    8- Make copy of "busybox" and rename this copy to "busybox-armeabi" -> drag it again in 7-zip to replace existed "busybox-armeabi"
    8- Close 7-zip and now, you have latest files MOD Superuser,apk, extracted "su" binary and busybox files

G- COPY FILES TO /SYSTEM via ADB modified from codelover's commands (take a look on his POST)
    You should have "su" with root permission.
    [GOOD TOOL: "Add_Open_Command_Window_Here_as_Administrator.reg" HERE to allow you open command from any folder]
    a) To replace old "superuser.apk" with new file
    1- Download "CodeLover_SU.rar" (superuserX86-3.2RC3) from HERE -> extract it into "C:\pubuntu" OR use your own MOD file from step F- MOD LATEST "SUPERUSER.APK", EXTRACTED "SU" BINARY, BUSYBOX FILES
    2- Run "Add_Open_Command_Window_Here_as_Administrator.reg" from "C:\pubuntu" folder
    3- Write commands
    Code:
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "rm /*uperuser.apk"
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 uninstall com.noshufou.android.su
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 install *uperuser.apk
    b)Replace old "su" binary file with new file
    1- Download "CodeLover_SU.rar" (suX86-3.2RC3) from HERE -> extract it into "C:\pubuntu" OR use your own Extracted file from step F- MOD LATEST "SUPERUSER.APK", EXTRACTED "SU" BINARY, BUSYBOX FILES
    2- Run "Add_Open_Command_Window_Here_as_Administrator.reg" from "C:\pubuntu" folder
    3- Write commands
    Code:
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 push su.86 /sdcard/
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "cp /sdcard/su.86 /system/xbin/"
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su.86"
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su.86"
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "mv /system/xbin/su.86 /system/xbin/su"
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c whoami             # if you got "Root"
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "cp /system/xbin/su /system/bin/su"
    c)Replace old "busybox" file with new file
    1- Download latest version of "busybox-i686" from HERE to "C:\pubuntu" and rename the downloaded files into "busybox" OR use one you already download it in step F- MOD LATEST "SUPERUSER.APK", EXTRACTED "SU" BINARY, BUSYBOX FILES
    3- Write commands
    Code:
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 push busybox /sdcard/
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "cp /sdcard/busybox /system/xbin/busybox-i686"
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "chown 0.2000 /system/xbin/busybox-i686"
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "chmod 0755 /system/xbin/busybox-i686"
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell su -c "mv /system/xbin/busybox-i686 /system/xbin/busybox"
    adb -s 127.0.0.1:5555 shell busybox
    You should not have error

H- EDITING INITRD.IMG to mount /system for read & write, I got it from merrickville's initrd.img
    1- Download 7-zip and install it
    2- Download "NotePad++" from HERE and install it.
    3- Copy "initrd.img" from "%programdata%\BlueStacks\Android\initrd.img" or extract it from "%programdata%\BlueStacksSetup\runtimedata_[xxxxxxx].zip" (where xxxxxx = ur BS version) to "C:\pubuntu".
    4- Open 7-zip -> Tools -> Options -> Editor -> put the path of installed "NotePad++" ["%ProgramFiles%\Notepad++\notepad++.exe"]
    5- Extract "initrd.img" via 7-zip -> open extracted file "initrd" via 7-zip -> right click "initrd" -> Edit
    6- Search for:
    Code:
    [B]try_mount [COLOR="red"]ro[/COLOR] "$device /mnt || continue[/B]
    (It should be after "for device in /dev/sr* /dev/sd.....")
    and replaced with
    [B]"try_mount [COLOR="red"]rw[/COLOR] $device /mnt || continue[/B]
    7- Close it and save the file -> accept replacing of the file -> close 7-zip
    8- Open "initrd.img" via 7-zip and replace "initrd"
    9- Now you have your edited initrd.img -> copy back to "%programdata%\BlueStacks\Android"

If it helps you, give me thanks :good:
    Updated Root Package 7.8.829 + [8GB SDCARD]

• Google Play 3.10.10 [ No Account Included / Unlocked Patched ]
    • SuperUser 3.2
    • LuckyPatcher 2.84
    • GPS Options Unlocked [Tray Icon]
    Full R/W Support [Edit files with ADB CLI in Shell Mode]
    when bluestacks running
    adb root
    adb shell
    su

[use ''ls'' command to list files in directory ''cd'' to change it]
    [copy from device to windows use push and pull cmd's (must be disconnected from shell "quit" command)]
    [if you need help use "adb help" command]

This Version Have 8GB SDCARD!!
    [Use NTFS compression for smaller file size]
    okienko.png

DOWNLOAD [FIXED]
    (Win key + R)
    "%Program Files%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX86)
    "%Program Files(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX64)
    Copy files from this package to ""WINDOWS_DRIVE""\ProgramData\BlueStacks\...
    Import to registry "REG.reg"
    Start Bluestacks
    As requested I have zipped and uploaded my root.fs and initrd.img to Mediafire.
    As a small bonus I embedded the excellent Zeam Launcher (build by XDA-developers member cloakt which can be found here)

Both files can be found here mediafire.com/file/k3cgj6bgqdcq0xb/Rooted_BlueStacks_0.7.10.869.zip on MediaFire
    (Due to not having enough posts I cannot put a link to an external site)

Installation is simple, just follow step B from the first post in this thread :

B- ROOTING BLUESTACKS
    B-I- FIRST ROOTING METHOD (Ready made rooted /system)

1 - Download "BlueStacks-SplitInstaller_native.exe" from BlueStacks site --> bluestacks.com/bstk-download-success-2.htm
    2 - Download modified "Root.fs" and modified "initrd.img" for BlueStacks 0.7.10.869 from Mediafire -->mediafire.com/file/k3cgj6bgqdcq0xb/Rooted_BlueStacks_0.7.10.869.zip
    2 - Install BlueStacks 0.7.10.869 with downloaded file "BlueStacks-SplitInstaller_native.exe"
    3 - After installation has finished and BlueStacks has started successfully, exit BlueStacks.
    4 - Kill all running BlueStacks processes. Open "Run Command" (Win key + R) "%ProgramFiles%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX86) or "%programfiles(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX64).
    5 - Open "Run Command" (Win key + R) "%programdata%\BlueStacks\Android"
    6 - Create backup of your original "root.fs" and "initrd.img" (you can rename them to "_ORIGINAL_root.fs" and "_ORIGINAL_initrd.img"
    6 - Extract "root.fs" and "initrd.img" from "Rooted_BlueStacks_0.7.10.869.zip" into folder "%programdata%\BlueStacks\Android"
    7 - Start all necessary BlueStacks processes. Open "Run Command" (Win key + R) "%programfiles%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX86) or "%programfiles(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-StartLauncher.exe" (WinX64)

Now your BlueStacks should have root permission.
    Please verify this with one of the many apps you can find in Google Play store.

(Thanks ewwink for your excellent YouTube tutorial) and all others who shared their knowledge in this thread :).
    [root][repack] 0.7.12.896 Update !

Root Package:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?otl79weytj7qm9b
    REG: (1280x720,1024mb RAM)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?oqn3l345ynbxawr

If someone want to change the resolution use registry editor
    resolutionfs8.png

bluestacks7fs8.png

Install NFO:

• (Win key + R)
    • "%Program Files%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX86)
    • "%Program Files(x86)%\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe" (WinX64)
    • Copy files from this package to ""WINDOWS_DRIVE""\ProgramData\BlueStacks\...
    • Import to registry "1280x720 & 1024ram.reg" or not...
    • Start Bluestacks
    "E=mohazia;33618109]I'm here give full guide for what I was learned from mammadkhata and merrickville so all credits go to both of them.

To whom who don't know BlueStacks (as me before a week), it's emulated android system to works under windows system. for more info go to company page

You have 2 choices,
    First Method:
    :

I have a Root.fs rooted (& Initrd.img Edited) with system.img (/system partition) resized to 500MB that is working fine with BS07.7.813.

you can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdf35z9cupl5xnb/Root-fs_and_Initrd-img-bs077813.rar

it's MD5(sum) is: FFA77658EF35AACDDA06B379CBF52CB8
    it contains Root.fs and Initrd.img, this still can follow your method # 1 to root BS 077813.

A few notes:
    - system partition resized to 500MB
    - su version 3.2 x86-RC3-signed was added not only to /system/xbin but also to /system/bin as well as busybox to keep a fallback when updating the su binary.
    - binary /system/bin/ls was symlinked to busybox instead of toolbox to get nice color file listings in a terminal
    - superuser4BS.apk (moded by @codelover) was added to /system/app"