Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to enable some features with S-Pen ?

OP Khashayar jan

29th November 2012, 03:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi
I recently bought a Galaxy Note 10.1
I saw some videos that people pressed the button on the s-pen and then draw on the screen and then it would capture the picture inside that drawing and they could import that into s note or message or email or ... . I googled it and unfortunately I didn't find anything . Does anyone know how to enable that feature ? does it require a software or something ?
also I saw some other clips that people would draw a circle around a day in s planner and write Mike's Birthday , and the app would detect that and add an event that the day is birthday . I can't do that either !
there is one more thing . in S-Note when I press the button on S-Pen , it doesn't toggle between pen and eraser . how can I enable that ?

thanks ( in advance ) for your answer
( sorry for bad english )
29th November 2012, 06:37 PM   |  #2  
Flag North Branch
Thanks Meter: 147

1,021 posts
Donate to Me
More
Those are all things you will get when you get the jellybean update.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Premium HD app
29th November 2012, 08:13 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

31 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khashayar jan

Hi
I recently bought a Galaxy Note 10.1
I saw some videos that people pressed the button on the s-pen and then draw on the screen and then it would capture the picture inside that drawing and they could import that into s note or message or email or ... . I googled it and unfortunately I didn't find anything . Does anyone know how to enable that feature ? does it require a software or something ?
also I saw some other clips that people would draw a circle around a day in s planner and write Mike's Birthday , and the app would detect that and add an event that the day is birthday . I can't do that either !
there is one more thing . in S-Note when I press the button on S-Pen , it doesn't toggle between pen and eraser . how can I enable that ?

thanks ( in advance ) for your answer
( sorry for bad english )

You click on the button and then you push on the screen (long push). You will capture the screen.
29th November 2012, 08:27 PM   |  #4  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 580

4,475 posts
Push button and double tap screen opens floating note...
Download the note 10.1 users digest from the app store - free - and it explains a few features to you for ICS 4.0.4...
Last edited by ultramag69; 29th November 2012 at 09:14 PM.
26th December 2012, 04:56 AM   |  #5  
Flag Renton, WA, USA
Thanks Meter: 21

620 posts
More
Same issue....S-pen screen selection does not work.
I had the Note 10.1 (N8013) for about 3months now. I bought one for my partner for Christmas and when we try to select a portion of the screen with the S-Pen, it does not work. (full screen capture works fine - but we need partial selection)
The new device are on 4.0.4 (it was ALGB and got an update to ALI3) a couple of hours back, but still we cannot do a selective screen capture.
The double-tap with the button pushed, brings up the SNote mini-app.
Press and hold, dragging from top to bottom, brings up the menu for that particular app
The Press-button and hold on screen, captures the whole screen - but we need the partial-selection on the screen to work.

What are we missing?
My device is working fine. I have rooted mine (a few minutes after I got it, three months ago and in the mean time upgraded to JB (4.1.2) and can for the life of me not remember if it was a feature of later versions than ALI3 that introduced this selective screen capture?

Any help?
Thanks
27th December 2012, 10:56 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2

9 posts
Partial Screenshot advice
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert269

I had the Note 10.1 (N8013) for about 3months now. I bought one for my partner for Christmas and when we try to select a portion of the screen with the S-Pen, it does not work. (full screen capture works fine - but we need partial selection)
The new device are on 4.0.4 (it was ALGB and got an update to ALI3) a couple of hours back, but still we cannot do a selective screen capture.
The double-tap with the button pushed, brings up the SNote mini-app.
Press and hold, dragging from top to bottom, brings up the menu for that particular app
The Press-button and hold on screen, captures the whole screen - but we need the partial-selection on the screen to work.

What are we missing?
My device is working fine. I have rooted mine (a few minutes after I got it, three months ago and in the mean time upgraded to JB (4.1.2) and can for the life of me not remember if it was a feature of later versions than ALI3 that introduced this selective screen capture?

Any help?
Thanks

Hi Bert!

I also have the 8013 device and experienced similar problems.

When I first rooted and installed the Jellybean update, the jellybean version was from the international 3g/wifi version when the unofficial update was released. I suspect you may have the same.

When you try a partial screen capture, do those dashed lines still appear? If so, look in your gallery under screenshots( I think). They should be there. Unfortunately, I don't think this version of the jellybean gave you the application prompt at the bottom of the screen when you finished the partial screen capture.

If you haven't already, I would update to the official (4.1.1) jellybean for the German OTA wifi models. You will enjoy all the premium suite benefits you see in the videos.
27th December 2012, 11:10 PM   |  #7  
Flag Milan
Thanks Meter: 1

281 posts
Never had such an issue............. make sure the os is correctly working.... check out www.sammobile.com and look for a JB update, 4.1.2 is coming along this week.

Enjoy.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread