[POLL] Unlocking Bootloader on TF700

Have you been able to unlock your bootloader on the TF700 using the ASUS utility?

• Yes

Votes: 113 45.0%
  • No

Votes: 58 23.1%
  • Haven't tried or don't know

Votes: 80 31.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

kulapika

May 22, 2012
I know the server is not in their hands anymore but before they decided to let others be in charge of their server they should know better they are still responsible to this decision or they should give us the customer service phone number of whoever who is in charge of this now so that we can call and figure it out. As said, it's just ridiculous....:mad:
I could be wrong but I believe the server is not in their hands anymore.. I forget where I read this from though.
I fully agree with you, we shouldn't be having issues like these, it's ridiculous.. I can't exchange/refund my tablet either :(

Garalor

Dec 22, 2012
Has anyone tried to unlock the bootloader with the latest update?

i can not unlock my device because of network error :(

I'm on JB 4.1.1 and Build Number JRO03C.WW-epad-10.4.4.23-20121127

I have no Root.
What can i try out? any ideas?
downgrade? i could not find a way to downgrade from this JB version.

am i stuck on asus rom?
would be thankfull for any advice

@bckldwn
do you have any new information about this issue?

with kind regards,
Garalor

Thats OK

Jul 29, 2012
To all with unlock problems:
It may be of some help to register your device here: https://vip.asus.com/login.aspx

Make sure your tablets S\N is the same on both the sticker by the connector and the S\N found under settings\about tablet\
If they match then try registering with Asus...then wait for a return e-mail from them and retry the unlock tool again.

No guarantees here this has worked for some users.

kabuk1

It may be of some help to register your device here: https://vip.asus.com/login.aspx

Make sure your tablets S\N is the same on both the sticker by the connector and the S\N found under settings\about tablet\
If they match then try registering with Asus...then wait for a return e-mail from them and retry the unlock tool again.

Didn't work for me :{ Damnit I wanna unlock this thing SO BAD.

Last edited:

Garalor

Dec 22, 2012
It may be of some help to register your device here:

Hi,
Did that, does not help yet. I will continue to try. Wrote an mail to asus. Maybe that helps.
This problemrealy suxx :)

kabuk1

just found a way to do it. i put the old file in my tablet memory, and it find update. but it's actually downgraded automatically to ICS. and then i can use the unlock tool

What file are you talking about? If you got this to work, I'm sure a detailed description of exactly what you did would be greatly appreciated by everyone here.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
What file are you talking about? If you got this to work, I'm sure a detailed description of exactly what you did would be greatly appreciated by everyone here.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium

I'm sure he's talking about the .30 ICS firmware. I found it may works for some but not all.

Garalor

Dec 22, 2012
Hey,
i finally got mine unlocked.

i hope this works for more people too:

1. i registered my device on the asus Siteus. (dont know if that is necessary)
2. after that i clickt on the contact technical support button
3. i wrote this to the support:
I want to use the unlock tool from asus, but a error shows up:
unknown network error,
please wait and try later.

People over at xda developer say that it is a problem with your server.
The tool trys to connect, to check my serial number and mark that number as
unlocked. That seems not to work. Can you fix your server. Would be great.

4. i got an answer from asus the day after, and they wanted to know my WiFi Mac Address(seems to be important for the unlock tool)
he said he will give the mac address to his colleagues to check it (my serial he already had)

5. half a day later i could unlock my device

hope this helps others. plz report here if it works for you too

sry for english mistakes and a happy x-mas from germany

acme99

Oct 7, 2012
I just unlocked this morning, it worked on the first try.

My Infinity is now running CleanROM Inheritance 3.0.4. :)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

unni_kmr

Dec 24, 2012
I just downloaded the apk from Asus website, ran it and it unlocked in the first try (bought the tablet just last week, and running 4.1.1). I didn't register.

unni_kmr

Dec 24, 2012
Where did you you find the link?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

I got it from here: http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=28&s=1&m=ASUS+Transformer+Pad+Infinity+TF700T

Select Android as the OS.

Remember: As far as I know, once you unlock, there is no going back. You lose your warranty.

You can get more info about the unlocker from this thread (the 'Can I unlock the bootloader?' section): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1834521

Also, this video will be useful to get an idea before getting your hands dirty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iank8iYulzo&feature=youtu.be

Reactions: third son

kabuk1

Holy crap you guys, I think I may have stumbled onto something here.

Little bit of backstory- So I've been trying to unlock this thing since I got it with zero success. Just one failure after another & lots of anger. I registered it, I tried unlocking it on different wifi networks, different times of the day, etc, all to no avail. I rooted it on day one & froze DMclient & CMclient b/c I tried the JB update when I first got it & didn't like it, so I rolled back & froze the updaters cause didn't want it nagging me to update again. It hit me while I was at work today- these apks communicate with Asus's servers, what if them being frozen is what's stopping the unlocking? So I unfroze them, ran the unlocker again, and... it worked. Immediately and with zero errors :eek:

Maybe its just a coincidence, maybe Asus randomly fixed their servers just today, I dunno. But if you have those apks frozen/removed & can't unlock, defrost/reinstall them & try again. Not promising this is THE answer, but it seems more than coincidental to me that after literally a MONTH of trying to unlock it nearly every day with no success, it worked right away as soon as I did that.

Last edited:

johnlgalt

Nov 16, 2009
Atlanta
androidforums.com
Holy crap you guys, I think I may have stumbled onto something here.

Little bit of backstory- So I've been trying to unlock this thing since I got it with zero success. Just one failure after another & lots of anger. I registered it, I tried unlocking it on different wifi networks, different times of the day, etc, all to no avail. I rooted it on day one & froze DMclient & CMclient b/c I tried the JB update when I first got it & didn't like it, so I rolled back & froze the updaters cause didn't want it nagging me to update again. It hit me while I was at work today- these apks communicate with Asus's servers, what if them being frozen is what's stopping the unlocking? So I unfroze them, ran the unlocker again, and... it worked. Immediately and with zero errors :eek:

Maybe its just a coincidence, maybe Asus randomly fixed their servers just today, I dunno. But if you have those apks frozen/removed & can't unlock, defrost/reinstall them & try again. Not promising this is THE answer, but it seems more than coincidental to me that after literally a MONTH of trying to unlock it nearly every day with no success, it worked right away as soon as I did that.

Actually that makes perfect sense. Others have been unlocking in the meantime, so I don't think it was an ASUS server issue in your case at all.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 running Android JB (rooted) via Tapatalk HD

Anatosuchus

Feb 20, 2013
I managed to do this using the stock Asus tool on the first try today, on a JB pad.

Of course, I'm now having a devil of a time actually rooting the thing, nothing seems to work...

Aug 7, 2011
I managed to do this using the stock Asus tool on the first try today, on a JB pad.

Of course, I'm now having a devil of a time actually rooting the thing, nothing seems to work...

You can't root JB at the moment. Since you're unlocked, why not just install a custom rooted rom?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey,
    i finally got mine unlocked.

i hope this works for more people too:

1. i registered my device on the asus Siteus. (dont know if that is necessary)
    2. after that i clickt on the contact technical support button
    3. i wrote this to the support:
    I want to use the unlock tool from asus, but a error shows up:
    unknown network error,
    please wait and try later.

People over at xda developer say that it is a problem with your server.
    The tool trys to connect, to check my serial number and mark that number as
    unlocked. That seems not to work. Can you fix your server. Would be great.

4. i got an answer from asus the day after, and they wanted to know my WiFi Mac Address(seems to be important for the unlock tool)
    he said he will give the mac address to his colleagues to check it (my serial he already had)

5. half a day later i could unlock my device

hope this helps others. plz report here if it works for you too

sry for english mistakes and a happy x-mas from germany
    http://d-h.st/pLH
    Can't you doods just download the .apk from the above link and run it?
    Maybe I'm not understannding what's going on with the server down thing.

From a tablet running CleanROM 2.3

The app is going to connect to Asus server to register in order to unlock. The app is not just unlock your device locally.
    Where did you you find the link?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

I got it from here: http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=28&s=1&m=ASUS+Transformer+Pad+Infinity+TF700T

Select Android as the OS.

Remember: As far as I know, once you unlock, there is no going back. You lose your warranty.

You can get more info about the unlocker from this thread (the 'Can I unlock the bootloader?' section): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1834521

Also, this video will be useful to get an idea before getting your hands dirty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iank8iYulzo&feature=youtu.be