Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 46,558 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TUTORIAL]Update firmware through flashing the kdz files( With Picture )Step by Step

Tip us?

esag21
Old
(Last edited by esag21; 28th December 2012 at 04:39 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 127
Thumbs up [TUTORIAL]Update firmware through flashing the kdz files( With Picture )Step by Step

Here we go ( Read all instruction and comment before start flashing ) :

1 ) Download these 3 apps: http://www.4shared.com/rar/Re4VCOAS/kdz-udpate.htm (the original link is deleted, re-uploaded by RuedasLocas)
To get KDZ file you can find it here : http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=15

2 ) Once downloads complete Extract the file (ex.: C:\KDZ\) and u will get folder like this :-

3) Install B2CTools LG ( B2CAppSetup.exe ) this file is located on the folder that yr extract before .

4) Run LGMobile update (must be on your desktop) and install the usb drivers .

5 ) Turn off yr device and remove the battery .

6 ) Now just hold down vol - key ( hold hold hold dont release !!!! ) and plug the USB cable until you get screen like this :-

7 ) Wait for while due to yr computer will install some driver . Once the install is complete find "Device Manager" > Modems > disable the LGE Mobile USB Modem on yr computer ( me using win 7 -----> start ---> computer ---> right click / and you can find device manager )

8) Run as administrator KDZ_FW_UPD.exe ( file located at step no 2 )

9) - Run as administrator Windows Enabler.exe ( file located at step no 2 ) . After run the app, an icon will appear on your tray, single-click on the icon util the "ON" text appears over the icon like this :-

10 ) Go back to KDZ, locate press on the yellow folder and locate the .kdz file that you want to flash

11) Click on "Launch Software Update"

12 ) Please see below picture !! Very important !!!! Now standby to put yr battery back !!!!!!
When the log start to run, put the battery back on. ( thanks to RuedasLocas ) im copy from u

13 ) - WAIT until your phone reboots automatically and unplug the cable , ( ALL IS DONE ) please check yr firmware on yr phone ....
- Dont care about the errorlog, it's normal
If you got only bootloop after flash .kdz, just do a hard reset:
- press and hold [vol -] and [power] until you got the "android recovery figure" and wait until they reboot again.

INFO !
When you tried to update yr LG Optimus 4x HD , the error comes " Your Device Is Not Registered Yet "
That because you're using different version than the original country and you wont receive OTA update .
The only way to get it back is by using LG software or KDZ method and install yr country's firmware.

I hope this will help for those want to update firmware via KDS
And thanks to RuedasLocas because always help if we in trouble .. Thanks bro ..............

Before start flashing please do backup first ( yr photos , Videos , music on yr SD card )
For clean install wipe yr data / factory reset !!!
The Following 122 Users Say Thank You to esag21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

babymatteo
Old
Thanks Meter 720
Did you really need to make another thread but with pics? Honestly, I think reading is enough.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2
Gold HTC One M8

The Following User Says Thank You to babymatteo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

karamathdr
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks very helpful even if it is there in another thread

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda premium

esag21
Old
(Last edited by esag21; 28th December 2012 at 05:15 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymatteo View Post
Did you really need to make another thread but with pics? Honestly, I think reading is enough.

yup i think so .. because on pinned tutorial there some confusion step . If think this thread rubbish just delete it !
Someone will use this thread to upgrade the firmware .. Reading + picture =
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to esag21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hansey
Old
Thanks Meter 153

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by esag21 View Post
Here we go ( Read all instruction and comment before start flashing ) :

1 ) Download these 3 apps: http://www.4shared.com/rar/Re4VCOAS/kdz-udpate.htm (the original link is deleted, re-uploaded by RuedasLocas)
To get KDZ file you can find it here : http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=15

2 ) Once downloads complete Extract the file (ex.: C:\KDZ\) and u will get folder like this :-

3) Install B2CTools LG ( B2CAppSetup.exe ) this file is located on the folder that yr extract before .

4) Run LGMobile update (must be on your desktop) and install the usb drivers .

5 ) Turn off yr device and remove the battery .

6 ) Now just hold down vol - key ( hold hold hold dont release !!!! ) and plug the USB cable until you get screen like this :-

7 ) Wait for while due to yr computer will install some driver . Once the install is complete find "Device Manager" > Modems > disable the LGE Mobile USB Modem on yr computer ( me using win 7 -----> start ---> computer ---> right click / and you can find device manager )

8) Run as administrator KDZ_FW_UPD.exe ( file located at step no 2 )

9) - Run as administrator Windows Enabler.exe ( file located at step no 2 ) . After run the app, an icon will appear on your tray, single-click on the icon util the "ON" text appears over the icon like this :-

10 ) Go back to KDZ, locate press on the yellow folder and locate the .kdz file that you want to flash

11) Click on "Launch Software Update"

12 ) Please see below picture !! Very important !!!! Now standby to put yr battery back !!!!!!
When the log start to run, put the battery back on. ( thanks to RuedasLocas ) im copy from u

13 ) - WAIT until your phone reboots automatically and unplug the cable , ( ALL IS DONE ) please check yr firmware on yr phone ....
- Dont care about the errorlog, it's normal
If you got only bootloop after flash .kdz, just do a hard reset:
- press and hold [vol -] and [power] until you got the "android recovery figure" and wait until they reboot again.

INFO !
When you tried to update yr LG Optimus 4x HD , the error comes " Your Device Is Not Registered Yet "
That because you're using different version than the original country and you wont receive OTA update .
The only way to get it back is by using LG software or KDZ method and install yr country's firmware.

I hope this will help for those want to update firmware via KDS
And thanks to RuedasLocas because always help if we in trouble .. Thanks bro ..............

Before start flashing please do backup first ( yr photos , Videos , music on yr SD card )
For clean install wipe yr data / factory reset !!!
Thanks ,I think If this or any other articles have helped you in any way, please tell one (or many) people about us. It's good job

:thumbup: Thanks

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hansey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

23anand23
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Info 2 Thank u sooo muchh! :D

All tht i needed..step by step thnks a lot. now seems easier

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

one doubt...In type> does 3GQCT matters? if so..then what do i select for Indian GSM/3G sim?

esag21
Old
(Last edited by esag21; 28th December 2012 at 10:02 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23anand23 View Post
All tht i needed..step by step thnks a lot. now seems easier

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

one doubt...In type> does 3GQCT matters? if so..then what do i select for Indian GSM/3G sim?
ur welcome .. enjoy with new firmware ..... just follow the instruction then everything is done smoothly ...

Marcb
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansey View Post
Thanks ,I think If this or any other articles have helped you in any way, please tell one (or many) people about us. It's good job

:thumbup: Thanks

Seriouslly? You realy had to quote the whole first post?

JustChris20
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Nice tutorial thank you. :thumbup:

Gesendet von meinem LG-P880 mit Tapatalk 2

RuedasLocas
Old
Thanks Meter 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymatteo View Post

Even with pictures will appear someone with some problem...

Normal, even cause there are other settings available and required to specific kind of flashes.

The work is very good specially the intention.

Thanks @esag21

LG Optimus 4X HD - EUR-V20A - Rooted
Unlocked Bootloader
PC OS - Win7 Pro x64