[Q] GS3 with T-Mobile Advantage?

Search This thread

Lizzy345

Mar 16, 2011
I am planning on switching to T-Mobile and I did some research to try and find the best deal possible since I am going to get into a new 2 year contract. I am a college student attending the University of Ohio and my university doesn't have a direct relationship with the school. I found a discount via the T-Mobile Advantage program and I attached the flyer here.

You get
A $50 account credit with a new activation (expires on 12/31)
Waived activation fees
10% discount

You have to call CS to activate I am not sure whether you can do it online. There is a promo code in the flyer which you have to mention. That discount is also affiliated with the student discount website Student rate. I am not sure whether you actually have to be a student or not.

Has anyone used this discount before??

Attachments

• tmoadvantage.jpg
    tmoadvantage.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 462

daxecutioner24

Jun 24, 2011
Well with everything make sure you read the fine print, always little things to reduced the discounts you're getting. You sure you want tmobile they are not definitely not the best company in terms of customer service and business model. Anywho you should definitely check out best buy, they usually have really good deals on phone.
Right now they have the s3 for 179.99 way cheaper than what you would get it at tmobile around 300 or so. Make sure you call them because for some reason tmobile doesn't allow in store pickup(****ty business model). Also I don't know how all that works when you starting off, I was just upgrading good luck.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Pennycake

Nov 20, 2012
Rupert
Examine if you really need to enter a 2-year contract.

Look at the Montly 4G plans. What are your needs - how many minutes and how much data do you need ?

I went with the 100minute/unlimited texting/5Gb plan for $30/mo. Even buying the phone up-front I'm saving a great deal over locking myself into a contract - a contract that wouldn't even give me what I actually wanted.

I made the mistake of going contract with Sprint on my first phone off of my family's the family plan. Overpaid for service I barely used. I don't see myself going back to contract plans - you overpay in the long-run - much more than if you just bought the phone and then paid a lower rate for the service instead of the hidden fee of paying them back for that "free" or "reduced cost" phone.

For instance, if I went with Verizon and paid $80/mo for their cheapest smartphone plan, that's $1200 more over two years than I'm paying now. Take away the $450 I spent on the phone - that's still $750. I could literally buy a brand new phone with THAT, even and two great-condition used ones. Maybe I'm a cynical jerk, but carrier subsidising is just a way to trick you into paying more money.

daxecutioner24

Jun 24, 2011

Look at the Montly 4G plans. What are your needs - how many minutes and how much data do you need ?

I went with the 100minute/unlimited texting/5Gb plan for $30/mo. Even buying the phone up-front I'm saving a great deal over locking myself into a contract - a contract that wouldn't even give me what I actually wanted.

I made the mistake of going contract with Sprint on my first phone off of my family's the family plan. Overpaid for service I barely used. I don't see myself going back to contract plans - you overpay in the long-run - much more than if you just bought the phone and then paid a lower rate for the service instead of the hidden fee of paying them back for that "free" or "reduced cost" phone.

For instance, if I went with Verizon and paid $80/mo for their cheapest smartphone plan, that's $1200 more over two years than I'm paying now. Take away the $450 I spent on the phone - that's still $750. I could literally buy a brand new phone with THAT, even and two great-condition used ones. Maybe I'm a cynical jerk, but carrier subsidising is just a way to trick you into paying more money.

It really is for most cases. Just some people like to aim high and go for an s3 and not everyone has 700 upfront to pay a company. While you end up paying more in a contract most people get paid every 2 to 4 weeks and are satisfied paying a fee monthly and two years is not very long. After the two years you can always take that phone you bought and get into those no contact based companies like metro etc.

ktetreault14

Feb 12, 2012
Largo

How exactly do you get on the $30 unlimited plan with 100 talk minutes if you are already on T-Mobile prepaid.. I checked in the area on my T-Mobile to change the plan and it doesn't show up in there?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

MissyThinks

Jul 20, 2011
Actually, this offer seems to be back on back on until 02/28 - $50 credit + 10% discount + waived activation fees. They also have some pretty good sales on handsets

Attachments

• Bannertmo.jpg
    Bannertmo.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 243

MntClmr

Aug 4, 2011
Samsung Galaxy SIII is free right now until the 18th of feb, i think actually almost all tmo devices are free

eliasadrian

Nov 8, 2010
SLC, UT
Samsung Galaxy SIII is free right now until the 18th of feb, i think actually almost all tmo devices are free

Is this just new accounts and contracts through calling customer service? I got the s3 for free after tons of issues with my amaze, and now my wife is super jealous and wants one, haha.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

MntClmr

Aug 4, 2011
Is this just new accounts and contracts through calling customer service? I got the s3 for free after tons of issues with my amaze, and now my wife is super jealous and wants one, haha.

If you call and upgrade using the promo code I think you can still get the discount and a discounted device. It mayb depend whether your account is eligible for an upgrade or not. You should definitely give it a shot they're usually very helpful on the phone!

Reactions: eliasadrian

LFrank342

Nov 29, 2011
If you call and upgrade using the promo code I think you can still get the discount and a discounted device. It mayb depend whether your account is eligible for an upgrade or not. You should definitely give it a shot they're usually very helpful on the phone!

When is T-Mobile expected to get the iPhone?

LFrank342

Nov 29, 2011
actually i think they're supposed to announce the GS4 pretty soon... so i probably won't even wait for the iPhone to come out

MissyThinks

Jul 20, 2011
that 50 bucks for activation is gone... bummer. do you know if i still get the discount and my activation fees waived with the promo code ?

AppzTheGawd

Dec 16, 2012
By a t mobile s3 no contract or steal one lol, just get one. Then go to si. Please mobile and get the rg plan 53 dollars a month and that's it.. "unlimited" data message and minutes. 3g is cheaper also does not need to be unlocked. I'm on it currenttly

Sent from my SGH-T999

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

SIMPLE Mobile Invoice: $43.63 has been applied to your account. Thank you.

Thank you for your payment of $43.63. Your confirmation number is 7701215xxxxxx

This was the bill I just payed in the beginning of March and the text the sent me. Customer service e helps u set up your apn.. They help unlike the douche that is t-mobile.

Sent from my SGH-T999

Pennycake

Nov 20, 2012
Rupert
I pay $30 plus less than $2 in sales tax with T - Mobile.

I've never had an issue with their customer service - and it was I fact one of the reasons I was happy to switch to them when my contract with Sprint was up.

People need to pick what works best for them.

AppzTheGawd

Dec 16, 2012
Bad thing about t-mobile is that when you run your limit on t-mobile they put you on 2g. Simp puts you on 3

Sent from my SGH-T999

---------- Post added at 04:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 AM ----------

And they use the same towers

Sent from my SGH-T999

Pennycake

Nov 20, 2012
Rupert
Bad thing abiut Simple Mobile is that I'd pay $50 to be throttled after 2Gb whereas I now pay $30 and get 5Gb until throttled. And T - Mobile avtually tells you about the soft data cap up front.

Hey, Simple Mobile is great for whoever it works for, and T - Mobile is great for who it works for. Notice that I'm not calling them "douches" even though I disagree with some of their business practices. :)

AppzTheGawd

Dec 16, 2012
I am calling them douche because I've had a family plan since the razor came out and the price just gets crazy. They treated me like a wallet. And yeah simp tells you, read the fine print.

Sent from my SGH-T999

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.