Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 49,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy 10.1 USB connection kit problem, USB sticks

Tip us?

Pilsor
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Default Solution ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerweed View Post
I'm hoping this thread is still alive because I am having the same problem. @ajnindlo I'm using the standard Samsung USB Connector with a 8gb usb stick. I've tried with USB Debugging on & off and I get the same message. "Damaged USB" and asked me to reformat.
I am using a Mac BUT I did format the stick as a ms-dos fat format.
Please help...
Thank you

PS. I know this is more of a q&a place, didn't know where else to post and didn't find any other with this problem but here. Please redirect to correct location if you know of a solution. Thank you
I have exact the same issue, but it's strange, some SD has this issue, some don't.
"Damaged USB"
I found a trick, but it solved my problem only once: format SD card by a digital camera (Canon powershot) , SD was now recognized by Tab10.1
Putting some extra files on it by PC ... insert SD to Tab10.1 ... same issue again

Have tried several SD formats & sizes ... notting helps

Did someone knows a solution to solve this problem

GT-P7510
Android 3.2
Rooted, TASK 14 Rom
from Psion 3 series to Palm3 series<-> Sony Clio ->TungstenC to Hp HX4700 to iPhone (2G) ... now back to PPC, HTC Touch HD... iPhone 3G ... Android: Samsung Galaxy S1 ... Samsung Tab 10.1 ... now Nexus 4 and Nexus 10

bar_rodoy
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Try to reboot, it worked for me.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
LG Optimus One P500 (Not in use)
iPhone, pay more for less.

Pilsor
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by bar_rodoy View Post
Try to reboot, it worked for me.
Correct ... but after a second or third time connecting same SD , issue returns

Have tried this, waiting for a while does helps time to time ... so I guess it's maybe "memory" or "kernel" (system) related.

It seems we have the same TASK14 ROM + Pershoot's kernel.
Strange things.
from Psion 3 series to Palm3 series<-> Sony Clio ->TungstenC to Hp HX4700 to iPhone (2G) ... now back to PPC, HTC Touch HD... iPhone 3G ... Android: Samsung Galaxy S1 ... Samsung Tab 10.1 ... now Nexus 4 and Nexus 10

Pilsor
Old
Thanks Meter 45
I made the test by unroot my device and went back to factory stock ... it look like the issue is solved for 90% ... it appears when you disconnect and reconnect to fast after the 1st disconnection .

ioulianos
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default usb not recognised

Nothing happens when i plug (several) usb sticks. /mnt/usbdrive is empty.
Any idea?

gautamcool12
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up charging Problem

You must Check that Your usb Debugging is On or Not as it creates problems and this will be stopping You device from Accepting Usb Sticks..

bill2fm
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I found that FAT 'sdCard's would mount , but that NONE of my NTFS sticks would mount
All my sticks are NTFS , so that was unacceptable.

rooted 7500 and 6800

Installed 'Paragon NTFS&FHS', from the AndroidMarket and all files now popup in 'MyFiles' when I insert the usb with the adaptor

DaPhinc
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I have the Samsung Connection Kit containing as USB and a SD adapter. The USB adapter works fine, but the SD adapter doesn't work at all. All it does is starting the TuneIn Radio app when it is connected. I uninstalled the app and now connecting the adapter has no effect at all. Any suggestions?