No registration required

Trident has released the Kraken

OP P1 Wookie

19th May 2012, 10:37 AM   |  #41  
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 38

183 posts
More
Hey guys, had the windshield mount for more than a month now. Stopped using it a few days after trying it out. It can't seem to stick properly on my window. It looks like the diameter of the suction cup isn't that big enough and the rubber isn't as soft as other windshield suction cups. I always clean the mounting surface and suction before use.
There are times when a small bump on the road made the suction cup lose its' grip. Other times when it's mounted with the phone attached, it would slide either clockwise or counter-clockwise, depending where most of the weight is if you don't balance it evenly.

So for now its collecting dust. Maybe try it on another device (like an iPhone) with a Kraken case or mod a better suction cup to it.

Galaxy S2 ShoStock 1.9.4
19th May 2012, 03:53 PM   |  #42  
Flag Bear, DE
Thanks Meter: 20

184 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EhHowzit808

Hey guys, had the windshield mount for more than a month now. Stopped using it a few days after trying it out. It can't seem to stick properly on my window. It looks like the diameter of the suction cup isn't that big enough and the rubber isn't as soft as other windshield suction cups. I always clean the mounting surface and suction before use.
There are times when a small bump on the road made the suction cup lose its' grip. Other times when it's mounted with the phone attached, it would slide either clockwise or counter-clockwise, depending where most of the weight is if you don't balance it evenly.

So for now its collecting dust. Maybe try it on another device (like an iPhone) with a Kraken case or mod a better suction cup to it.

Galaxy S2 ShoStock 1.9.4

Have you tried wetting the surface of the suction cup before applying it? You can just lick your finger a bit, and rub it on the bottom of the cup. That always helps suction power for me
19th May 2012, 08:03 PM   |  #43  
Ewa Beach, Hawaii

183 posts
More
Yup, that's what I did after cleaning the area a few times. It'll stick, but eventually will start sliding until it pops itself off.
I suspect it could be the curve of the glass and the quality of the rubber causing it not to stick.

Galaxy S2 ShoStock 1.9.4
22nd May 2012, 07:07 PM   |  #44  
NorCal
Thanks Meter: 68

555 posts
More
I couldnt risk taking any more drops so I'm back to the Kraken after riding naked for a while then running with just the silicone skin but now its full protection time again. For anyone wondering, this case (not even the silicone skin alone) does not do well with any type of skins (ie. microfiber skin or clear skins). I had this skin on for the longest and love it but I need more protection all around.
29th December 2012, 08:39 PM   |  #45  
Ewa Beach, Hawaii

183 posts
More
Sorry for bring back a dead post
I bought the case on February, tried a few other cases (even got an Otterbox Commuter which I returned within a few days), but went back to the Kraken. It feels more well-constructed than the leading competitor. I clean the phone and case every month and the phone still looks like brand new. The kickstand still works and that makes my friends with the Otterbox quite jealous.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread