How to get rid of the wifi notification

Search This thread

flaring afro

Jul 11, 2011
Just found this out. Press and hold the notification and then hit "App info". Then, hit force stop. It says Android system, but it seems to really only be the notification that you stop. You'll have to do this every time you reboot, but is worth the 2 seconds.

jsadler09

Jan 1, 2012
Any change in wifi connection will bring it back too. I was doing this but noticed that the clock on my notification Window and loco screen wouldn't update until I locked and unlocked my phone so I've stopped for now and my clock is back to normal.

flaring afro

Jul 11, 2011
Any change in wifi connection will bring it back too. I was doing this but noticed that the clock on my notification Window and loco screen wouldn't update until I locked and unlocked my phone so I've stopped for now and my clock is back to normal.

That's weird, mine is working. And I haven't left home since doing it so I don't know if it comes back on mine yet or not.

flaring afro

Jul 11, 2011
I also noticed my lockscreen not showing the right time after I moved away from my wifi. I think it only doesn't update when you haven't unlocked and moved to another area to make the wifi notification appear again, but am not sure.

LBJM

Feb 3, 2011
Thanks. I don't use wifi at all with my note since I have unlimited data and purchased my note from vzw outright. I'll keep an eye out to see if it comes back and when.

tfly212

Dec 1, 2011
New York
I tried this a few days ago and found that I ended up getting some freezing on some apps (which never happened before or since). Could be a total coincidence, but I feel like there might have been some issue with stopping android system. I guess I will learn to live with it until someone comes up with a working hack (or I flash a new rom).

LBJM

Feb 3, 2011
It only comes back when I reboot. Again very nice catch.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

I tried this a few days ago and found that I ended up getting some freezing on some apps (which never happened before or since).

No freezing on rev3 rom here. The rom is adam's stock with root for use after you unlock the bootloader.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just found this out. Press and hold the notification and then hit "App info". Then, hit force stop. It says Android system, but it seems to really only be the notification that you stop. You'll have to do this every time you reboot, but is worth the 2 seconds.