Firefox OS Architecture and Collaboration Opportunities w/ Asa Dotzler – XDA:DevCon 2014

We were privileged to host many presentations … more

Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Unable to install Custom ROM on my Galaxy Mini

OP gunjarya

29th December 2012, 02:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Here :)
Thanks Meter: 50

259 posts
More
Hi,

Today for the first time i have updated my mini using the Samsung Kies to Android 2.3.6. After that i rooted my phone and then installed CWM recovery 5.0.2.6. However, when i tried to install custom ROM i'm unable to do so. It stops in the first screen itself.

Before this i backed up my stock ROM and now when i'm trying to restore it..it got stuck in the Galaxy POP GT-S5570 screen.

Please help..
29th December 2012, 03:01 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bandung, Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 1,492

2,673 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunjarya

Hi,

Today for the first time i have updated my mini using the Samsung Kies to Android 2.3.6. After that i rooted my phone and then installed CWM recovery 5.0.2.6. However, when i tried to install custom ROM i'm unable to do so. It stops in the first screen itself.

Before this i backed up my stock ROM and now when i'm trying to restore it..it got stuck in the Galaxy POP GT-S5570 screen.

Please help..

LOL, you restore a stock ROM on Custom Recovery. SOFTBRICK.

Flash new firmware with Odin.
29th December 2012, 03:03 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

259 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4uzan

LOL, you restore a stock ROM on Custom Recovery. SOFTBRICK.

Flash new firmware with Odin.

Can you direct me to a firmware which can be used with ODIN..i just want to be on gingerbread and not to ICS/JB.
As far as i understand all firwares are .zip and ODIN needs .MD5 .Please advice.
29th December 2012, 03:19 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bandung, Indonesia

2,673 posts
More
Quote:

Can you direct me to a firmware which can be used with ODIN..i just want to be on gingerbread and not to ICS/JB.
As far as i understand all firwares are .zip and ODIN needs .MD5 .Please advice.

LOL, firmware is .md5.

Custom ROM is .zip. Next time you need to read. Of course you will get Gingerbread ! Who is saying Galaxy Mini is getting official ICS and JB ? That's impossible.
29th December 2012, 03:33 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

259 posts
More
Quote:

LOL, firmware is .md5.

Custom ROM is .zip. Next time you need to read. Of course you will get Gingerbread ! Who is saying Galaxy Mini is getting official ICS and JB ? That's impossible.

Just updated my mini by downloading firmware DDKQ7 (Asian Region) and was able to get things back for my phone. Now, as i would need your advice as what different should do now to install Custom ROM. No one has mentioned in their posts the prerequisite firmwares.
29th December 2012, 03:44 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bandung, Indonesia

2,673 posts
More
Quote:

Just updated my mini by downloading firmware DDKQ7 (Asian Region) and was able to get things back for my phone. Now, as i would need your advice as what different should do now to install Custom ROM. No one has mentioned in their posts the prerequisite firmwares.

Install custom ROM ? Isn't you already did it ? Just never do a backup for Stoc ROM.
29th December 2012, 03:51 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

259 posts
More
Quote:

Install custom ROM ? Isn't you already did it ? Just never do a backup for Stoc ROM.

this flashing seems to be very different from what i do with my Xperia mini pro..where i have to use different kernels for GB, ICS and JB..not sure how it works for Samsung mini.

Also, i did installed custom rom before but it did go beyond the first screen. Now, that i have flashed firmware, i have to again root and install custom recovery..which i did now..Now i want to install custom ROM.. can i flash ROM CM7.2New Experience v6.0 by autoradio78 directly using CWM recovery on the same firmware?
29th December 2012, 04:00 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bandung, Indonesia

2,673 posts
More
Quote:

this flashing seems to be very different from what i do with my Xperia mini pro..where i have to use different kernels for GB, ICS and JB..not sure how it works for Samsung mini.

Also, i did installed custom rom before but it did go beyond the first screen. Now, that i have flashed firmware, i have to again root and install custom recovery..which i did now..Now i want to install custom ROM.. can i flash ROM CM7.2New Experience v6.0 by autoradio78 directly using CWM recovery on the same firmware?

Yep, Xperia devices need different kernels, and recovery is always bundled in kernel. While Mini doesn't, kernel is different part from recovery.

I suggest you flashing it CM7.2 by Mebitek since CM7.2 New Experience have some booting bugs. Firmware is doesn't matter, it's not like Xperia devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to F4uzan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th December 2012, 04:42 PM   |  #9  
Flag Jupiter
Thanks Meter: 76

182 posts
More
I suggest you flash unofficial cm7
Democrazy
Mebitek
MIUI GB
or Honeycream
Etc