Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 50,876 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

UHS-1 MicroSD

Tip us?

doctorasgr
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default UHS-I doesn't work nice!

I try to use a SanDisk 16GB class10 Ultra MicroSd HC-I but as I found out it doesn't feet with my HD2 EU..... ...Although it works very smooth and fast after some hour my phone just freezes....only the light of the hardbuttons works...screen turns black...I take off the battery...and all this sadness comes to my face...
So I got back to my Transcend 16GB class10 and everything works almost fine (a little bit slow sometimes, so I use sd card boost and swapper2).
You can see by yourself ...the mmc driver has not included UHS mode...

zaro143
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Post UHS vs CLASS

The UHS means it has content transfer speed of minimum 30mbps to maximum of 104mbpswhen you transfer the content from MicroSD to System(PC)....but the data write speed on the MicroSD depends on the CLASS mentioned on it i.e., CLASS 10 has MAX write speed of 10MB/S......(Note: all this speed transfer test will use top speculated system configurations so it may vary on our PC's).

allclownsareevil
Old
(Last edited by allclownsareevil; 29th June 2013 at 04:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Hello,

Just to echo what a few people have said elsewhere and clarify something. Using an SDcard with a UHS classification may well cause your HD2 to hang, black screen, freeze, crash .... especially when using certain ROMs. Some seem more resilient than others, but the NativeSD ROMs in particular rely heavily on accessing the SDcard. The only way to reset after a blackscreen is to remove battery and reboot.

The HD2 was never designed to work with these cards and they require specific voltages from the phone hardware in order to run correctly. The HD2 does not have such hardware. I used a Sandisc 16GB Class-10 UHS-1 card and my phone would hang/crash 7-10 times each day. After replacing it with a Class-10 Kingston card with no UHS classification, the phone runs fine. Nothing else was changed except the SDcard. The exact same installation was used by cloning the SDcard partitions. Consequently the phone runs fine now.

Just thought I'd post up in case it helps others.

Would appreciate if someone could mirror this post for me (I have less than 10 posts on XDA and don't want to spam the forum just to get them) on this thread for [ROM][4.1.2][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10 V1.5 [NativeSD] because a few people were complaining of bugs and it's nothing to do with the ROM itself, more the memory cards they are using.

Mister B
Old
Thanks Meter 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorasgr View Post
I try to use a SanDisk 16GB class10 Ultra MicroSd HC-I but as I found out it doesn't feet with my HD2 EU..... ...Although it works very smooth and fast after some hour my phone just freezes....only the light of the hardbuttons works...screen turns black...I take off the battery...and all this sadness comes to my face...
So I got back to my Transcend 16GB class10 and everything works almost fine (a little bit slow sometimes, so I use sd card boost and swapper2).
You can see by yourself ...the mmc driver has not included UHS mode...
Use 32GB Sandisk class10 Ultra UHS HC-I without a single issue. Did want the mobile Ultra class 6 to be safe but sent me class10 UHS but worked out fine ...
[DEVICE1] : [HD2] [EU late model, socket lcd & samsung nand]
[ROM] : [Energy Dinik 23699 Nov24]
[OS] [WindowsMobile® 6.5.x][CHT2.0.S2.5]
[RADIO] : [2.12.50.02_2]

[DEVICE2] : [Raphael] [sold]
[ROM] : [Energy Dinik 23699]
[OS] [WindowsMobile® 6.5.x]
[RADIO] : [1.14.25.05 + RILPHONE.DLL]
[SOFTWARE] : [Mortscript] [MyMobiler] [CeRegEditor] [SkypeMobile] [FingerKBD Eng/Thai (WVGA)] [Thai Font/Input SIP] [IM+]

maximo86
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister B View Post
Use 32GB Sandisk class10 Ultra UHS HC-I without a single issue. Did want the mobile Ultra class 6 to be safe but sent me class10 UHS but worked out fine ...
:thumbup:

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 4 Beta

jurgen99
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Very strange,i using a Sony 8GB UHS-1 and it works fine with all roms (dataonext,nativesd).I'm thinking to buying a Sony 16GB UHS-1

HTC HD2 : Android 2.1 - Android 4.2 (Android 4.3 ? ) Windows Phone 7-7.8 Windows mobile 6.1-6.5.5
Thanks XDA Community

yaro666
Old
Thanks Meter 49
I am using SanDisk ultra 16Gb UHS-1 card without any issue for some time now with many different ROMs. I would rather bet that not original (Kingston, Sony, no names) that looks like original cause that.

yashwantsingh
Old
Thanks Meter 112
guys what do you think about this card http://youtu.be/PuHfmuJ8pf0.... I am about to buy a new 32gb card for my new phone.
please give suggestions....
Here is link:- http://min.us/rD3DdFC
Join before its too late...