5,594,438 Members 34,142 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.2 | Floating Multiwindows! | Apr 20 r484 |★ ☆

Tip us?

Aquila76
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Default USB Tether

Is there a way to enable USB tethering (wired tethering) in this ROM? Search results makes it seem that this stopped working since Jelly Bean released, maybe?
2011.03.17: HTC Thunderbolt - santod040's Official Thunderbolt ICS | Rooted | Deodexed | Stock
2012.07.11: Samsung Galaxy S III - VRUCML1_Stock_Root_Deodex_Aroma(01.14.14)

eschelon
Old
(Last edited by eschelon; 2nd January 2013 at 07:07 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 8962

DONATE TO ME
Synergy_d2vzw_01Jan13_2347_r147_s.zip (MD5: 4813b7d459912ae16783ea45dc8283bd) http://beta.androidfilehost.com/?a=s...files&flid=660

Before I get started, I'd like to thank Zig for his amazing kernel and apk/binary/pretty much anything work, and I can't begin to thank TrevE enough for his contributions to the ROM. I work on Android with some really smart cats, but TrevE has to be from the future or something. The guy did some absolutely great work on the ROM as you'll see below and elsewhere... and he does it all blind since he doesn't even own the phone. We're lucky to have him around.

This is a full rebase to the LK3 OTA Jelly Bean build. This was fully rebuilt from the ground up (no merging of old files; these were all modded from scratch) and is probably the single build that I have spent more time on than any other in my life. We heavily modified frameworks and many other system files SO A FULL WIPE IS REQUIRED. Even if you think you got away with a dirty flash, stuff behind the scenes that you can't see is broken. So make your nandroids, back up your apps, wipe it clean, then rebuild everything from scratch with Titanium Backup or whatever.

As of this build (r147) Synergy now includes PDroid support. Longtime Android tweakers will know what this is. Those who don't, it's an app that allows you to selectively block permissions to individual apps. For example, I use Facebook but I don't like how it logs my GPS location whenever it wants. So using PDroid, I can block Facebook from accessing my location settings. You can block apps from any permission it has access to, even apps that try to trick the OS. PDroid takes a lot more than just an app, it requires a heavy modification of the framework in order to function properly. We also found that other PDroid ports out there were missing critical code that made PDroid think it was blocking stuff even thought it wasn't. We now have it all functioning properly and TrevE has a great writeup here that you need to go read while you're downloading the ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2077839

The framework is already good to go in Synergy. If you want to use PDroid, you can grab the app here: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390248398092763896

Once again, BIG THANKS to TrevE for his efforts on this. See his thread for GPL compliant source links.

Changelog:
  • r126 - Rebase to official JB OTA - Jelly Bean 4.1.1 I535VRBLK3. Also blocked Samsung root checkers/screenloggers. Most previous mods/tweaks left intact, rest to follow in next several commits
  • r127 - Hacked LK3 ramdisk. ADB remount, boot animation support, increased buffers, opened bluetooth services, debugging battery killers removed, dual mass storage, etc. Thanks TrevE!
  • r128 - System/data app updates, Titanium Backup fix, ad blocking
  • r129 - Added initial PDroid support. More to follow. As always, thanks to the many devs involved with creating and porting this great app
  • r130 - 1% battery, remove constant GPS location reticle from statusbar, remove battery charged notification
  • r131 - 4-in-1 reboot menu, double tap home to open Google Now search, long press volume to skip tracks
  • r132 - Remove ongoing wifi notification
  • r133 - Added share file version 5.11
  • r134 - Added Ziggy kernel (exFAT was working on the 32 gig card we tested here)
  • r135 - Remove setting ondemand for post_boot
  • r136 - Update bash and abootimg
  • r137 - Added modules
  • r138 - New busybox with ndk, nslookup, and ping
  • r139 - Messaging app updated to allow screen on/off option, also unlocked TONS of other menu options and settings in messaging. Thanks TrevE!
  • r140 - Fix for Google Now
  • r141 - Restore lockscreen notification bubbles that Verizon tried to kill off for some reason
  • r142 - EOL
  • r143 - Zipalign, added latest binary
  • r144 - Full Pdroid support. Huge thanks to Trev for all his time on this. Please read TrevE's thread for more details: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2077839
  • r145 - Added toggles for: Tap home for flashlight in lockscreen, switch between AOSP and Touchwiz lockscreen (most TW options should still work with AOSP lockscreen), hide time in statusbar, hide AM/PM. AM/PM size and center clocks mods only partially functioning at this point. Great work and big THANKS to Didact74!
  • r146 - Updated Ziggy kernel. More exFAT support (working on our end). Also includes better voltage logic and drivers for USB to ethernet adapters
  • r147 - Cleanup, debloat, app updates
The Following 75 Users Say Thank You to eschelon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jihoonie
Old
Thanks Meter 268
Wow. Glad I'm still up. Awesome work guys.

eschelon
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 8962

DONATE TO ME
To those who felt I missed a previous request of yours because you didn't see it in the changelog, don't worry: I've still got more stuff I'm working on. I just had to tie the line and drop a release already, otherwise I'd just keep working on it in perpetuity and you guys would never see it

More mods and requests coming soon
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to eschelon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brennanb
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Hell yeah!

Unlocked just to piss off Verizon!

DrDr3z85
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschelon View Post
To those who felt I missed a previous request of yours because you didn't see it in the changelog, don't worry: I've still got more stuff I'm working on. I just had to tie the line and drop a release already, otherwise I'd just keep working on it in perpetuity and you guys would never see it

More mods and requests coming soon
Thank you for your time efforts and dedication

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
"The marines have their few good men...... They are called Corpsman."

lucky13
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Fantastic work. To all the people who popped in this thread to say it was dead...lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

babydo
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancora76 View Post
Pandroid would be sick! I wouldn't have any reason to look at the other threads ever again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
Looks like you'll have a lot less things to check on XDA
Great work guys!

newbie4ever
Old
(Last edited by newbie4ever; 2nd January 2013 at 10:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 53
Is this supposed to have the volume up to skip track mod?

Never mind... it has it, just doesn't work for Pandora... Other than that, FANTASTIC rom
Thanks for all your hard work

Chuckleb0ne
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Flashing now!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app