How to flash and root new 4.0.4 ICS stock rom

Search This thread

m4r5h411

Oct 29, 2012
Hi,

I've manage to install ICS but I want to root again my Galaxy Tab. I read the instructions:

"Done now your running ICS, but wait - you don't have root! or CWM recovery for that matter! Don't worry, keep reading!

CWM Recovery and Rooting:
- Download this update.zip for rooting your tab and move it to the root of your tab
- Put your tab into download mode
- Plug it into the computer
- Let the computer install the drivers (Automatic on Win 7 - unsure about other OS's)
- Download and unzip Odin 1.85
- Download CWM Touch Recovery & save to same folder as Odin 1.85
- Open up odin
- Click PDA and select the file named recovery.tar.md5
- Click start
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LET ODIN DO IT'S THING & WAIT FOR TAB TO RESTART
- Put the tab into recovery mode.
- Select install from sd card and select Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LET RECOVERY DO IT'S THING

But the links to download are no longer working.

There's a place to download them?

see post #138

wowstigmark

Feb 28, 2009
Vancouver
Rooting process completes, but tab isn't rooted in the end

Hello,

I'm using the OP to root my GT-P7500M. I've found the updated recovery.tar.md5 and I've flashed clockwork recovery touch.using Odin (not in that order) . When the rooting process is completed I reboot and the tablet comes back still unrooted. At least according to emulator having a $ sign not a # sign and also Mobile Odin indicated no root access.

I've done the root process a bunch of times but it doesn't seem to stick. Haven't been able to find a common error in the forums to get a resolve.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I saw in another thread that someone resolved this by clearing dcache and correcting permissions. but when I clear dcache I get a E:// drive error....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOT MY CREDITS
    Perhaps scryshark should made this post
    (This applies both 7500 7510 and was writen when we didn't had the wifi only version, so for 7510 ignore the mention steps)

On step 1, you can use also:
    --------------------------------
    ODIN->PDA->SELECT FIRMWARE AND AFTER PUT TAB IN FLASH MODE CLICK START
    --------------------------------

Here's a definitive guide for P7510 owners on how to install stock ICS on their tabs with root. How do I know it's definitive? Well, I'm running it right now with no problems!

NOTE: Obviously I shouln't have to say this but... WiFi only guys may run into a bug of some sort if trying to apply this. I haven't had any prblems yet. Everything works: WiFi, GPS, Camera, Auto-brightness, G-Sensor etc. If something wrong happens, then it's not my fault! :D

That said there are a few things going on because of running a P7500 ROM on a P7510. Like there is a signal indicator in the status bar showing no signal. There are mobile data options in the settings menu. The device is recognised as a P7510, i think you get the point.

Now to the actual instructions.

Step 1: Putting ICS on

- Create a Nandroid backup!
    - Download & install Mobile Odin by Chainfire. [Redistrubution is not allowed so I've linked to his thread] <- Read that properly before you go onto the next step so it's istalled properly!
    - Download the firmware and unzip
    - Move the file P7500XXLQ8_P7500OXALQ8_P7500XXLQ8_HOME.tar.md5 to the root of your Tab.
    - Open Mobile Odin
    - Select the .md5 firmware you just put onto your Tab
    - *IMPORTANT FOR WIFI TABS* Select Modem and press Clear
    (there's no need to select the option of auto root or odin insall 'cos it wont work! :p)
    - Select the 2 wipe options
    - Plug your tab into the power supply
    - Press the fflash firmware button

---------------------------------------------------
    LET IT DO IT'S OWN THING. LEAVE IT AND WAIT FOR IT TO RESTART TO THE SETUP SCREEN
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Done now your running ICS, but wait - you don't have root! or CWM recovery for that matter! :crying: Don't worry, keep reading!

CWM Recovery and Rooting:
    - Download this update.zip for rooting your tab and move it to the root of your tab
    - Put your tab into download mode
    - Plug it into the computer
    - Let the computer install the drivers (Automatic on Win 7 - unsure about other OS's)
    - Download and unzip Odin 1.85
    - Download CWM Touch Recovery & save to same folder as Odin 1.85
    - Open up odin
    - Click PDA and select the file named recovery.tar.md5
    - Click start
    LET ODIN DO IT'S THING & WAIT FOR TAB TO RESTART
    - Put the tab into recovery mode.
    - Select install from sd card and select Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LET RECOVERY DO IT'S THING
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - Tap go back and then reboot now

There you have it stock ICS for P7500 & P7510 rooted.
    I've successfully rooted my new P7500 with the attached files. My device is with ICS 4.0.4.
    If you're nut enough to do this, follow the lines (TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK):

1 - Copy SuperSU_V0.93_-efghi-signed_Stable_Update.zip to the root of your tablet.
    2 - In Odin, flash the ClockworkMod_Recovery_v5.5.0.4_P75xx.tar as bootloader. This will stop the rolling screen.
    3 - Reboot in recovery mode and flash the SuperSU_V0.93_-efghi-signed_Stable_Update.zip
    4 - Enjoy your tablet rooted.

Few considerations:

In the first time I've tried this, the SuperSU_V0.93_-efghi-signed_Stable_Update.zip was flashed correctly. On the second time, it give me an error but the device got rooted anyway.

Since you're dealing with bootloader, take EXTREME careful. You can brick your device permanently.
    Can you please re-up Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip coz link broken

Here you go.
    nothing. just flash it it will be OK

If anyone has the issue where it just sits at the Samsung logo just reboot into recovery and do a data/cache wipe.
    Guys the root zip works fine but the Superuser apk it comes with is not friends with Ics. Go to androidsu.com/superuser and download the 3.1.3 update zip for ARM. Flash that and you'll be good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Premium HD app