Straight Talk SGS2- SGH-S959G

OP mr-cook

3rd January 2013, 01:50 AM   |  #531  
Thanks Meter: 2

62 posts
Yes, the APN can be changed and the phone will work on AT&T. It is technically working on AT&T when you use it with Net10 or Straighttalk.
3rd January 2013, 01:50 AM   |  #532  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,577

891 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinergy02

So does the phone model still register as S959G? If not, could this cause any problems with the operation of the phone?

Apparently my tapatalk signature changed too.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using xda app-developers app

Its both. It still has s959g for some stuff and shows i777 for others with cm 10.1. It causes no problems. There are very minor bugs, voice search not working properly but I don't think I've ever used it anyway. Its running great, data WiFi SMS MMS calling everything works perfect. Battery life seems to be very good also.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mr-cook For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd January 2013, 02:00 AM   |  #533  
Toilet
Thanks Meter: 168

323 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinergy02

So does the phone model still register as S959G? If not, could this cause any problems with the operation of the phone?

In About Phone its listed as the i777 under Model. I think the only time this may cause an issue is if Straight Talk regularly issued OTA updates and that is not going to happen and even if they did I doubt it would be anything like CM10.1. I firmly believe CyanogenMod is going to be the best thing to have on this model phone. We have pretty much official CM support and will get Android updates fairly quickly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r00t4rd3d For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd January 2013, 02:27 AM   |  #534  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 5

20 posts
More
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> CWM-Recovery.tar (1).md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CWM-Recovery.tar (1) (1).md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...

This is what i get in odin?? Im sure im doing something wrong, can some one help??
3rd January 2013, 02:42 AM   |  #535  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyzbadboy16

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CWM-Recovery.tar (1).md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> End...

This is what i get in odin?? Im sure im doing something wrong, can some one help??

is ur recovery file is written as CWM-Recovery.tar.md5?
The Following User Says Thank You to biohazard2004 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd January 2013, 02:56 AM   |  #536  
Toilet

323 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyzbadboy16

The original name must be kept the same or md5 checks will fail, remove the (1) or just remove the .md5 at the end and it wont do md5 checks.
The Following User Says Thank You to r00t4rd3d For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd January 2013, 03:03 AM   |  #537  
Flag Manchester

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r00t4rd3d

The original name must be kept the same or md5 checks will fail, remove the (1) or just remove the .md5 at the end and it wont do md5 checks.

ok, ya i got it through the checksum,, but cant get into recovery now, hell ive tried everything i could think of

AND THANKS AHEAD OF TIME FOR THE TIMELY RESPONSES AND HELP!!!
Last edited by daddyzbadboy16; 3rd January 2013 at 03:08 AM. Reason: edit:
3rd January 2013, 03:15 AM   |  #538  
Toilet

323 posts
Turn your phone off. Hold down both volume buttons and then press and hold the power button till you see the Samsung Galaxy logo and let go of just the power button till you see the hat.
The Following User Says Thank You to r00t4rd3d For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd January 2013, 03:18 AM   |  #539  
Flag Manchester

20 posts
More
Quote:

Turn your phone off. Hold down both volume buttons and then press and hold the power button till you see the Samsung Galaxy logo and let go of just the power button till you see the hat.

I had to reflash with odin, i got it in recovery mode, knew about the 3 finger solute,, i really appreciate all the work on this phone!! you guys are awesome and way far beyond my knowledge!!!!
Last edited by daddyzbadboy16; 3rd January 2013 at 05:30 AM. Reason: edited
3rd January 2013, 06:01 AM   |  #540  
Thanks Meter: 9

59 posts
Quote:

The fastest way to get from stock to CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly.

With Odin flash this in the PDA slot - --- (This is the newest version of ClockWorkMod Recovery required to flash CM10.1)

Download these two zips and place them on your SD Card - CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly and GAPPS

Boot into Recovery , install the CyanogenMod zip first then the GAPPS zip then factory reset/wipe the cache and finally reboot.

[/CODE]

I've never rooted a phone before, but I've been following this thread for a pretty long time now and I feel comfortable enough to try. I've been reading stuff here and there, and I've seen stock and stock+root mentioned. Other than apps, media and whatever extra stuff may or may not accumulate by regular phone usage, my phone is just as it was in the box. Does this method work from a completely stock state, or does it have to be stock+root? Thanks in advance, and I appreciate the progress you all have made. It's been cool watching it all unfold

[EDIT] Nevermind. I got it working! the only problem I've noticed is I'm getting a bit worse signal strength with data and WiFi now. Any tips?
Last edited by Cap'n Jazz; 3rd January 2013 at 07:29 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread