Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,428 Members 46,563 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Orbox C - great puzzle game with simple and addicting concept.

Tip us?

progamix
Old
(Last edited by progamix; 4th January 2013 at 08:43 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Lightbulb Orbox C - great puzzle game with simple and addicting concept.

Orbox C is a great puzzle game with simple and addicting concept.
It is the third of the orbox sliding-block puzzle games. Like it’s ancestors this game requires you to navigate the orbox through each puzzle. When you push orbox to any of 4 directions (left,right,up,down) it will keep move until it hits the wall. So you have to think your way to complete the missions.
The game has variety of missions. Find exit, blow all the bombs, activate sensors, collect stars, break ice, and any mix between of these.
It is a fun coffee break game, you will not have to over-think yourselves, the various missions and the different objectives are what will make you keep playing.
The levels are well designed and it brings good mind satisfaction when solving them. Such a mental reward.
Orbox C has somewhat a sci-fi style powered by catchy electronic music. Shiny animations please the eye.
Game has plenty of levels, over 100. Later on it will become pretty challenging and will require a logic thinking instead of trial-an-error.
Orbox C is a great choice for puzzle/logic games lovers. It trains analytical ability, logical reasoning, and short-term memory.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oxctrial.myapp
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to progamix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

D4rkSoRRoW
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Looks nice!
Reminds me of Quell, and I loved that game. Will definitely give this one a try!
HTC HD2 (T8585) | 16GB SDHC (class 4)
WinMo -> CleanEX UniQ 655 Series V. 4.30
-> NAND Android -> HyperDroid CM7 v5.9.0
- HTC One X. | Will it truly beat the legendary HD2?.. (Hint: It didn't.)
- Nexus 4 on Official AOKP.
-> OnePlus One
-> Nexus 5 on Cataclysm.
- Nexus7 3G (2012) on Official CM10.1 AOKP.

iamelton
Old
Thanks Meter 313
thx.. its a very interesting game indeed..
LG Nexus 5 (D821) : KitKat 4.4.4 (KTU84P) rooted (by bigxie), Xposed Framework (by rovo89, Tungstwenty)

LG Nexus 4 (E960) : KitKat 4.4.2 (KOT49H) rooted
ASUS Nexus 7 (ME370T) : KitKat 4.4.4 (KTU84P) rooted
Sony Xperia S (LT26i) : Jelly Bean 4.1.2 (6.2.B.1.96) rooted, DooMKernel (by DooMLoRD)
Huawei IDEOS X5 (U8800H) : Aurora ICS 5.0u21 (by dzo)

==================================================

[INFO] Disable OTA update notification

progamix
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rkSoRRoW View Post
Looks nice!
Reminds me of Quell, and I loved that game. Will definitely give this one a try!
Yes, "Quell" is same kind.
But we have some differences that makes "Orbox C" stand enough apart from Quell series.
Also I can ensure you that author(Arseniy Shkljaev) come up with idea by himself very long ago(somewhere in 96-97).
Orbox probably made this type of game popular in 2005(tho russian version released in 2004). It was flash game and it was a hit back then. After that there appeared lot of games of this kind.

polobunny
Old
Thanks Meter 2352
Quote:
Originally Posted by progamix View Post

Orbox C is a great puzzle game with simple and addicting concept.
It is the third of the orbox sliding-block puzzle games. Like itís ancestors this game requires you to navigate the orbox through each puzzle. When you push orbox to any of 4 directions (left,right,up,down) it will keep move until it hits the wall. So you have to think your way to complete the missions.
The game has variety of missions. Find exit, blow all the bombs, activate sensors, collect stars, break ice, and any mix between of these.
It is a fun coffee break game, you will not have to over-think yourselves, the various missions and the different objectives are what will make you keep playing.
The levels are well designed and it brings good mind satisfaction when solving them. Such a mental reward.
Orbox C has somewhat a sci-fi style powered by catchy electronic music. Shiny animations please the eye.
Game has plenty of levels, over 100. Later on it will become pretty challenging and will require a logic thinking instead of trial-an-error.
Orbox C is a great choice for puzzle/logic games lovers. It trains analytical ability, logical reasoning, and short-term memory.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oxctrial.myapp
I played and finished the trial and I must say it's fun. However, on my Nexus S running jellybean, the more you move, the slower the game gets. I believe it's because of how the blue path is programmed/drawn, the longer it gets, the slower the game becomes.
Please press THANKS if someone helps you!

My current configuration:

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747M
ROM: cm-11-20140720-NIGHTLY-d2lte
Kernel: Stock/KT747
Baseband: I747MVLDMF1
Bootloader: I747MVLDMF1
Governor: Ktoonservative

Older device: Nexus S i9020A
The Following User Says Thank You to polobunny For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

helmycapuchino
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I will try,thanks...

D4rkSoRRoW
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by progamix View Post
Yes, "Quell" is same kind.
But we have some differences that makes "Orbox C" stand enough apart from Quell series.
Also I can ensure you that author(Arseniy Shkljaev) come up with idea by himself very long ago(somewhere in 96-97).
Orbox probably made this type of game popular in 2005(tho russian version released in 2004). It was flash game and it was a hit back then. After that there appeared lot of games of this kind.
I already played games like that back then, just don't remember the name.
Probably it was that then? x)
HTC HD2 (T8585) | 16GB SDHC (class 4)
WinMo -> CleanEX UniQ 655 Series V. 4.30
-> NAND Android -> HyperDroid CM7 v5.9.0
- HTC One X. | Will it truly beat the legendary HD2?.. (Hint: It didn't.)
- Nexus 4 on Official AOKP.
-> OnePlus One
-> Nexus 5 on Cataclysm.
- Nexus7 3G (2012) on Official CM10.1 AOKP.

rolo143
Old
Thanks Meter 77
It's good, the only problem is that touch sometimes fail, on the main menu when pressing start exit etc....
Galaxy S4 Mini + Root + TWRP Recovery

andresv3
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Wink looks promising

downloading and testing: D: D: D

progamix
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Thanks people!

Next update will add around 40-50 levels so it will be 85-95 levels total. Split levels to a packs - Easy, Average, Normal, Hard
Then with one more update all 120 levels will be available in paid version. 30 levels in each difficulty.
In the trial/free version we plan to allow play 20 levels from Easy, 15 levels from Average and 10 Levels from Normal difficulty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polobunny View Post
I played and finished the trial and I must say it's fun. However, on my Nexus S running jellybean, the more you move, the slower the game gets. I believe it's because of how the blue path is programmed/drawn, the longer it gets, the slower the game becomes.
Thanks for the feedback! We will fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rkSoRRoW View Post
I already played games like that back then, just don't remember the name.
Probably it was that then? x)
Hard to say.
You can check the first Orbox for a case - http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/222350 (it's flash game)

Tags
game, logic, orbox, puzzle