[4.0+][05/16] Tile Launcher Beta 1.31 | Sliding drawer | Total customization

Search This thread

rob43

Nov 7, 2011
How do we do that on 4.0? long press homescreen no longer allows you to do that like it did on 2.3.4 at least not on my SGS2?

Hit the button at the top right to access the app drawer and drag shortcuts/widgets :) Launcher settings can be accessed by clicking the Tile Launcher icon in the app drawer.

sickmotion

Oct 6, 2012
hi nice launcher, but i dont like the shadows on top of the navbar and below the statusbar. maybe you can integrate an option to disable it in the settings?

thanks

edit: running aokp jb-mr1 (4.2.1), galaxy nexus gsm ,maguro

my transparent navbar is also gone with that launcher :(

Last edited:

tyfoxx

Mar 4, 2006
Toronto
Great work keep on moving it forward, I have one question ……Can this be used in conjunction or coexist with another launcher for example Nova or Apex?

-angel*

Sep 10, 2012
Thanks, really nice launcher! Only problem I have so far is, that it refreshes (reloads tiles) every time I go to the home screen, which is a big awful (you have for a sec or sth. like that only the wallpaper until the tiles appear) - device is TF300T ;)

napsterr

Jan 2, 2011
Zile
wow really cool launcher...
just updated to latest version. widgets are still FC when droped to homescreen.
and overlapping on top left

but it works and thats how my launcher looks so far :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-04-17-15-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-04-17-15-27.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 340

wakkakai

May 10, 2011
I have just found Launcher 8 the other week and have been playing with that. I am excited to see yet another launcher that is leaving behind the number of desktops for one continuous desktop. As others have said, this launcher has great potential!

I have a few suggestions from playing with launcher 8.

Tiles on the phone, I would like to see them able to size down to a quarter of what we can now.
Have the launcher auto re-size the desktop. Can the launcher auto detect when a user moves a tile to the current edge of the desktop and just add in a new row or column? Same for removing rows and columns.
Have the launcher settings come up when you press the menu button and/or when you press and hold the background. Seems silly to have them hidden in the app drawer. Some methods remain tried and true.
Give us a dock next to the app drawer icon as there is space we cannot yet use next to this icon. Or give us the ability to hide that and maybe let us double tap to bring up the app drawer?
Give us the ability to hide the notification bar. I think the launcher would look pretty slick without it.
Allow the use of an animated .gif as a tile icon.
Launcher enter / exit animation. Launcher 8 has an exit animation that lifts all teh tiles off the screen to the left just before starting whatever app you tapped.

Sorry for the laundry list! Looking forward to the development of this launcher.
Good luck! :good:

kikill

Apr 25, 2007
New York
Thanks just tried it on my S3 looks good but can u make it so the tiles can be resized so it looks like that of my WP also can only fit two tiles on my S3 big screen but good work looking for update.

thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-04-14-47-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-04-14-47-11.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 385
Reactions: kuroko

dragonnn

Oct 16, 2011
Just great - I have only two suggestions - support for icon packages will by fine (best to give us support for ADW icons), and second - some options for the app menu will by fine - like transparency background.

tichyb

Mar 18, 2009
london
Hi thanks for the hard work so far. This is a laucher so far. Could you add option to drag apps into the same folder and also be able to resize smaller. Looks like this on one x plus with OrDroid 3.2.1 Rom. uploadfromtaptalk1357331262921.jpg

cloak

Oct 25, 2005
Is there a possibility to create folders on the desktop?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

rob43

Nov 7, 2011
0.53 is out, Play Store should be updated shortly :)

- Increased max rows as requested
- Added lock/unlock tile option as requested
- More bugfixes

Thanks for the support! Sorry I haven't had time to reply to everyone. I'm reading all suggestions but focusing on making it as stable as possible, one bug at a time :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Smooth, multidirectional, widget-compatible tile-based launcher for Android 4.0+.

Scroll Direction - Select horizontal (left to right) or vertical (top to bottom)
    Tile Customization - Select your own title, icon, background colors or images
    Scroll Settings - Configure your scrolling speed, direction, and overscroll effect
    Sliding Drawer - Swipe horizontally or vertically from the home screen
    Snap Effect - Perform an action, switch screens or open the drawer when overscrolling
    Homescreen Dimensions - Select # of rows, columns, and margins, or increase your screen size
    Toolbar - Choose font, colors, icon, even show a Jellybean-styled date widget - or hide it if you don't want it
    Lock/Unlock Desktop - Lock your desktop to prevent accidental changes
    Icon Packs - Icon pack support for most launchers (Work in progress)

aaaa2i.png
    aaaa1b.png

zzzzzq.png
    aaabp.jpg

bbbksf.png
    dddls.png
    0.53 is out, Play Store should be updated shortly :)

- Increased max rows as requested
    - Added lock/unlock tile option as requested
    - More bugfixes

Thanks for the support! Sorry I haven't had time to reply to everyone. I'm reading all suggestions but focusing on making it as stable as possible, one bug at a time :)
    0.80 is online. This version adds vertical scrolling option, tabbed screens, and some other stuff. Will be replying to some posts soon, been a little busy :)
    Hey guys, here's a much improved alpha 2: Play Store Link

I am currently on a trip so will reply to comments and update main post when I get a chance :)

Small easter egg in this version: long click drawer to change to a 2nd home screen for your enjoyment. More coming soon!

EDIT: updated first post and switched to Play store link