[MOD] Battery percentage MOD Tool for Android 4.3

Search This thread

sidhaarthm

Mar 1, 2009
London, U.K.
Hi there,
Here is the flashable zip i created with the help of brainmasters great tool and Hung0702s generated PNGs.
I flashed it with RomManager -> "Flash Rom from SDcard" and it worked just fine - no bootloops or anything.

As you can see in the screenshot, the size matches the other icons and looks great.
I used the SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk from my device, which has the stock JellyBean 4.2.1 JOP40D Build installed.
Have fun with it!

The Icons in the "Quick-Settings-Menu" (swipe down with two fingers) are not altered!

Running Stock 4.2.1 (Rooted and Unlocked BL) with Franco R22. I flashed the zip you created and it worked perfectly! I did make a Nandroid backup (just in case). I wanted to thank you for your effort in simplifying the process for me.
Question though: would this stick when I receive the next OTA (or flash one myself)?

Wish you a fantastic New Year in advance!

tmhiott

Nov 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I'm just curious. I already modded my systemui.apk with new battery icon pngs. I also added all the pngs for 0-100. Currently I get the correct images for like 71, 85, 100... you know the stock increments. What steps do I need to follow just to make increments work since everything else is in place already?

I'm having this issue as well. Any solutions? Thanks!

ladidaaa

Sep 2, 2010
@sidhaarthm

Nice to hear that it worked for you!
Sorry, i don't know if the "patch" sticks after an OTA update - i suppose if the OTA updates the SystemUI.apk or framework-res.apk the icons will be lost and i would have to create a new ZIP file with the new APKs - but i will definiteley do that, so just wait for my ZIP file if a OTA arrives ;)
I also wish you all a happy new year!

Reactions: sidhaarthm

mgkrp

Mar 18, 2012
Can anyone please help me make a zip file for ICS CM style for my stock nexus 4 rom that is deoxeded?? It will be much appreciated. I have tried so before but failed.

remczar69

Dec 7, 2010
I have finally figured it out and managed to flash it, but unfortunately battery icons are very small and can't get them to match the size of clock etc.
Can anyone please tell me which pictures I should take?
I want to use the percentage on the left side, like in CM.

Thanks.

tmhiott

Nov 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I'm just curious. I already modded my systemui.apk with new battery icon pngs. I also added all the pngs for 0-100. Currently I get the correct images for like 71, 85, 100... you know the stock increments. What steps do I need to follow just to make increments work since everything else is in place already?

Okay so I've tried everything I know of, I think it's something with the fact that I'm using ParanoidAndroid, and I'm not sure what it is.

brainmaster

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2006
Huawei Watch
OnePlus 7T Pro
Okay so I've tried everything I know of, I think it's something with the fact that I'm using ParanoidAndroid, and I'm not sure what it is.

It should be very simple for PA - they are already using the percentage battery. Extract the original SystmUI from PA and look for the file names of the battery percentage png's.

Then rename your desired png's that should replace the original ones with original file names and use the Universal flasher from the OP.

dalton_voss

Jan 3, 2013
OK, maybe someone can help me out, because I am stumped.

First, I am running 4.2.1 on a Nexus 4. I have rooted/unlocked my bootloader, but I kept the stock recovery (followed instructions here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1993331). I haven't flashed any ROMs or anything. I have modded APKs before (the email program) and copied them over with success.

I followed the instructions, copied my SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk into the input folders, ran the batch file, and got my modded SystemUI.apk. (I have attached the SystemUI.apk for inspection if it helps.)

I looked inside my output APK file with 7-zip, and I see that the stat_sys_battery_40.png files (etc.) are all changed. So that worked.

Then, I renamed the existing SystemUI.apk and SystemUI.apk to backup_xxx files and left them in /system/app/. Then I copied the APK into /system/app, and rebooted the phone. No dice. I chmodded to 0644 to match the old ones and rebooted - still no luck - showing the stock battery icon instead of the numbers.

Still the stock battery. I know the updated SystemUI.apk is on my phone by the file date/size:
Code:
root@android:/system/app # ls -l *SystemUI*
ls -l *SystemUI*
-rw-r--r-- root     root      1484764 2013-01-03 09:24 SystemUI.apk
-rw-r--r-- root     root      1428427 2012-12-20 13:50 backup_SystemUI.apk
-rw-r--r-- root     root       484424 2012-12-20 13:50 backup_SystemUI.odex

Am I missing something here? I get the feeling I cam making a total noob mistake...

Attachments

• SystemUI.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 12

ygvuhb

Jul 13, 2010
here is my step

step
1. Download Battery MOD Tool for Android 4.2.1, unzip it and choose which battery icons your like (in "Image Resources" folder)
2. Copy battery icons into "Input_Images"
3. using root file explorer go to your nexus 4's \system\app\ copy "SystemUI.apk" and \system\framework\ copy "framework-res.apk"
4. paste "SystemUI.apk" & "framework-res.apk" in folder "Battery_Mod_Tool_for_Android_4.2.1\Input_APKs"
5. Double-click "Mod_my_battery!.bat" and sit back and wait
6. download BM.Battery.percentage.modifier.zip
7. copy and paste the battery icons again in BM.Battery.percentage.modifier.zip\vrtheme\system\app\SystemUI.apk\res\drawable-xhdpi\, i am usinig 7zip to paste them in the zip (do not unzip it)
8. copy the updated SystemUI.apk (in "Battery_Mod_Tool_for_Android_4.2.1\Output\Modded_APK") and use 7zip paste it in BM.Battery.percentage.modifier.zip\system\app\
9. BM.Battery.percentage.modifier.zip is updated, copy it in your nexus 4 and boot to recovery , flash it
10. reboot your nexus 4, it will show "android is upgrading" reload all android app and then your will get the updated battery icons

don't know they are the correct steps or not, but it seem works

update
icons sometime change back to stock battery icons when charging

don't know why

if don't add the battery icons files in the zip

the step should be like that

1. Download Battery MOD Tool for Android 4.2.1, unzip it and choose which battery icons your like (in "Image Resources" folder)
3. using root file explorer go to your nexus 4's \system\app\ copy "SystemUI.apk" and \system\framework\ copy "framework-res.apk"
4. paste "SystemUI.apk" & "framework-res.apk" in folder "Battery_Mod_Tool_for_Android_4.2.1\Input_APKs"
5. Double-click "Mod_my_battery!.bat" and sit back and wait
6. download Brainmasters.Battery.Mod.Flasher.Nexus.4.zip
7. copy the updated SystemUI.apk (in "Battery_Mod_Tool_for_Android_4.2.1\Output\Modded_APK") and use 7zip paste it in Brainmasters.Battery.Mod.Flasher.Nexus.4.zip\system\app\ (don't unzip it)
8. Brainmasters.Battery.Mod.Flasher.Nexus.4.zip is updated, copy it in your nexus 4 and boot to recovery , flash it
9. reboot your nexus 4, then your will get the updated battery icons

Last edited:

rfkd

Works perfectly, thanks. I made the following 4 flashable zip's for the Nexus 4 unmodified Stock ROM 4.2.1 (JOP40D) for the lazy ones.

Edit 2:
The zip's are perfectly working now, thanks to floepie!

Last edited:

sidhaarthm

Mar 1, 2009
London, U.K.
Works perfectly, thanks. I made the following 4 flashable zip's for the Nexus 4 unmodified Stock ROM 4.2.1 (JOP40D) for the lazy ones.

Hi mate, just flashed the BM_Circle_Percentage zip but noticed that the circle disappears at 71% (reverts to stock battery indicator). Could you please shed some light on this for a fix?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, since there wore many requests for the battery percentage mods, I've ported this MOD Tool so that its now working with Android 4.3.

Download the zip file, read the instructions.txt file, follow the instructions and be happy.

Included are 18 different battery styles. Some can be found here.

When the new Android build gets released, I'll update the tool.

If you can't flash it using the MOD Tools own flash zip, then take the SystemUI.apk from the Output Files/Modded Apk folder and drop it in the attached Battery MOD Flasher zip in the system/app folder. Flash it in the recovery.

EDIT: Added the Battery.percentage.modifier. Once you have modded the SystemUI with the mod tool and you want easily to change the battery icons, just drop the 204 png's in the BM.Battery.percentage.modifier.zip\vrtheme\system\app\SystemUI.apk\res\drawable-xhdpi folder and flash the zip in the recovery.

Download Battery MOD Tool for Android 4.3
    Here we go, attached are again 4 flashable zip's for the Nexus 4 unmodified Stock ROM 4.2.2 (JDQ39). If anybody wants other images from the image resources just tell me.

Always keep a backup of SystemUI.apk (and SystemUI.odex; located in /system/app/), you might need those for future OTA updates and of course in case something goes wrong.

Edit 2:
    The zip's are perfectly working now, thanks to floepie!
    Just tested, using OP's tools, follow ygvuhb's step and floepie's adjustment

This method works on 4.2.2 too

GREAT;)

STEP

3. Using root file explorer go to your nexus 4's \system\app\ copy "SystemUI.apk" and \system\framework\ copy "framework-res.apk"
    4. Paste "SystemUI.apk" & "framework-res.apk" in folder "Battery_Mod_Tool_for_Android_4.2.1\Input_APKs "

5. Edit "Battery_Mod_Tool_for_Android_4.2.1\Working_Dir\Mod_Battery.bat and exchange line 81---> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36893421&postcount=95

6. Double-click "Battery_Mod_Tool_for_Android_4.2.1\Working_Dir\Mod_Battery.bat" and sit back and wait
    7. Download Brainmasters.Battery.Mod.Flasher.Nexus.4.zip
    8. Copy the updated SystemUI.apk (in "Battery_Mod_Tool_for_Android_4.2.1\Output\Modded_ APK") and use 7zip paste it in Brainmasters.Battery.Mod.Flasher.Nexus.4.zip\system\app\ (don't unzip it)
    9. Brainmasters.Battery.Mod.Flasher.Nexus.4.zip is updated, copy it in your nexus 4 and boot to recovery , flash it
    10. Reboot your nexus 4, then your will get the updated battery icons
    Hi there,
    Here is the flashable zip i created with the help of brainmasters great tool and Hung0702s generated PNGs.
    I flashed it with RomManager -> "Flash Rom from SDcard" and it worked just fine - no bootloops or anything.

As you can see in the screenshot, the size matches the other icons and looks great.
    I used the SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk from my device, which has the stock JellyBean 4.2.1 JOP40D Build installed.
    Have fun with it!

The Icons in the "Quick-Settings-Menu" (swipe down with two fingers) are not altered!